PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Carr officially released

For whoever is kicking the tires...

7b96n3.jpg

Trade for Lamar Jackson?

Did I miss the news that the Ravens had re-signed Jackson? Last time I looked, he was listed as an unrestricted free agent.

Did I miss the news that the Ravens had re-signed Jackson? Last time I looked, he was listed as an unrestricted free agent.

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Ravens are likely to use the exclusive tag which would pay Jackson $45 million for next year.

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Ravens are likely to use the exclusive tag which would pay Jackson $45 million for next year.
It really feels like they're in the situation the Redskins were in with Cousins a few years ago, where they feel he's good enough to win just enough with, but not great enough that they'll ever get over the hump and win it all. But rather than tear off the bandaid and move on or just give him a big contract, they'll play tag instead.

The Ravens only have $28 Million on the cap and 5 of their top 7 biggest cap hits have a ton of dead money, making them practically impossible to cut/trade. They're going to implode that team if they play the tag game with the intention of keeping him and trading him with that $45 Million one-year contract, especially with how Jackson's been playing this out, is not going to be an easy thing. Who is going to want to spend all that draft capital for one year?

Jackson has made it clear he wants a long term contract with a lot of guaranteed money. Every team has to know this, especially the Ravens. In fact, I would not be surprised if he doesn't even report to the team with that $45 Million contract and forces them to move on.

He is not worth that $....but they don't have any alternative

He is not worth that $....but they don't have any alternative
But they built their Team around him sure wish we Drafted him instead of those stiffs we selected.

The Ravens only have $28 Million on the cap and 5 of their top 7 biggest cap hits have a ton of dead money, making them practically impossible to cut/trade. They're going to implode that team if they play the tag game with the intention of keeping him and trading him with that $45 Million one-year contract, especially with how Jackson's been playing this out, is not going to be an easy thing. Who is going to want to spend all that draft capital for one year?

Jackson has made it clear he wants a long term contract with a lot of guaranteed money. Every team has to know this, especially the Ravens. In fact, I would not be surprised if he doesn't even report to the team with that $45 Million contract and forces them to move on.
Regardless some Team is going to Pay for his services Jackson have really made himself a player in this league more power to the player.

But they built their Team around him sure wish we Drafted him instead of those stiffs we selected.
Right. It makes you wonder what they know that rather than continue to build around him, now they want to move on.

Right. It makes you wonder what they know that rather than continue to build around him, now they want to move on.
Every Team have a window and if Players X eats up most of your cap you better Draft well to help that deficiency. A poster on the Eagles Board made a good point on their Team he said getting A.J. Brown was a win now move: Jalen Hurts extension now kicks in so it will be slim pickings from now on. Again this is how Drafting well can make or break a Team you need decent guys on Rookie contract to keep it going.

Not really.

Nah. We'd be in the same situation. Now we'd need to pay $45m for an overrated QB.
They are many overrated QB's is this League ie... D Prescott - J Herbert among others of course we would love to have their problem.

Not really.

Nah. We'd be in the same situation. Now we'd need to pay $45m for an overrated QB.
IF we'd had Drafted him and he had similar success you wouldn't be saying that Lamar Jackson have had our number.

The team around Lamar Jackson in Baltimore is bad. He's their QB, their best RB, and their WRs are garbage.

Ravens with Jackson as their starting QB: 45-16
Ravens with other starting QBs: 8-13

Ravens are completely screwed without Jackson. And both sides know it. I hope they tag him and trade him to the Raiders. He would be a great fit in NYJ too but that would be very bad news for the Patriots.

The team around Lamar Jackson in Baltimore is bad. He's their QB, their best RB, and their WRs are garbage.

Ravens with Jackson as their starting QB: 45-16
Ravens with other starting QBs: 8-13

Ravens are completely screwed without Jackson. And both sides know it. I hope they tag him and trade him to the Raiders. He would be a great fit in NYJ too but that would be very bad news for the Patriots.
Right, but doesn't that strike you as odd that the Ravens would be moving on? They don't normally make terrible personnel moves.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back