PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Caleb Williams flashing lip gloss, nail polish, phone and tiny purse -- all pink

I have no problem with people dressing however they want and don't give a crap if he is gay or straight or whatever, it isn't any of my business. However, it certainly seems he is screaming for attention, and I prefer a player to do something before they start shouting look at me.

have you been watching NCAA/Pro sports for the last 20 years?

It is disingenuous for you to pretend that the purse/nail polish thing does not invoke for many homosexuality: of course it does. Given that it does so, I felt I should say that that is not the issue for me, but that the obvious narcissism is the issue, and that that is a potential concern vis-a-vis his possible performance in the NFL. All of this is of course obvious, but I trust you enjoyed your moment of sniffy pc horseshit in posting an obviously deliberate misrepresentation of my post. When you have done as much work as I have in the area of gay rights - I started the first high school gay-straight alliance in my state decades ago, for example, have been on radio and once on TV discussing the issue - I might cut you some slack, but barring information on that front, I choose not to. Preening, militant - yes, narcissistic - prigs like you give open-mindedness a bad name. Thanks, on behalf of the cause, for nothing.

yawn

sure, it does for many.....but it shouldn't.......the world is full of idiots and dipshits, i get it.....doesn't mean i have to accept it; you may have been making a point, but for the vast majority screaming "he can't play in the NFL because he's gay because his nails are pink" are not you

is narcissism a concern? sure......but that also is a concern with what, 75-85% of modern athletes......i don't love it, i grew up with a different track of athlete i followed, but the issue with many is NOT the fact that he's a narcissist, it's his pink nails and that he's "gay" - it's utter garbage

like it or not, the kid is building his brand........he's looking to capitalize financially on a short career........all just an extension of the andre aggassi concept; image IS everything, even more so now; do i think it will effect his play? don't know......many have pulled it off and become a success - mahomes, juju - both caught hell for building their brand before their pro career took off, and both seemed to do just fine.....

have you been watching NCAA/Pro sports for the last 20 years?
Yes, doesn't make it right, and if I am investing millions and millions of dollars and the first pick in the draft on a player, I want everything to be as perfect as possible. Doing things that scream headcase doesn't help my confidence in a player.

All the triggered people, where do they all come from...

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
I used to work with a guy who left for a lunch break, he comes back an hour later and said to me "don't you hate when you get a manicure, and it gets ruined right away" I said I've never had a manicure. Apparently when he got out of the nail salon an old lady's car got stuck in the snow and he helped push her out and broke a nail. He was definitely heterosexual but we called him a metrosexual after that.

And he brutally and mercilessly dominated on the field.

That's all we should care about.
He dominated in 2022
He did not dominate last season.
All this "pink stuff" has zero bearing on my opinion of him.
I was concerned about his play in 2023.
Along with his negative personality traits and his height.
I have concerns about every single qb in this class.
But I would take both Maye and Daniels in a heartbeat over Williams.
The best thing that could happen to Williams is if he dropped to #3 or 4 qb in the draft.
That might put a big chip on his shoulder to achieve.
Being drafted #1 only fuels his prima donna entitled persona. Not a good trait for an nfl qb.
I hope he proves me wrong.
I got nothing against the dude, I just think he's grossly overrated

dunno, seems like he's marketing himself pretty well......his brand is being established, he's being talked about before he even plays a down in the league......my guess is the endorsement deals will be racked up pretty quickly
I think you mean Carl, his father, who has planned every step of Caleb since he’s been 10 years old.

This won’t end well.

I think you mean Carl, his father, who has planned every step of Caleb since he’s been 10 years old.

This won’t end well.
Usually kids raised by overbearing sports parents flame out early when they hit the professional level. The NBA Ball family is the exception to the rule. The old man is a complete tool, the kids seem to be pretty solid citizens and productive players.

He's not the best qb in the draft.
Had a great year in 2022.
Sucked in 2023.
Daniels and Penix among others, were better than him in 2023.
He's 6'1".
His intangibles suck. His leadership sucks. His teammates were less than enamored with him.
He had major talent but he's a million miles away from Mahomes. He will not be 1/5th of what Mahomes is. He is Kyler Murray.
He carries more risk than Daniels,Maye,Penix and McCarthy. Despite his physical talent.
Jeff George had huge physical talent. Ditto Ryan Leaf. You gotta have a lot more than just physical talent to excel at qb in the nfl.
Want no part of him.
I hope I'm wrong, would love to see him excel.
I don't see it. A jag

"Sucked" - You.

"Sucked" - You.
For the #1 pick, yes he sucked.
So did Maye, but Williams had better talent around him.
Daniels was head and shoulders better. So was Penix.
But stats are only one part of the equation.
Daniels and Penix' leadership qualities are superb. Even Maye's are better.
Williams don't even rank in the top 5.
And you keep ignoring that he's only 6'1.
I sincerely hope he succeeds. I hope that for all prospects. I just wouldn't invest the overall #1 pick in him.
We'll see 3 years from now.

Maybe all these days and months of pride are there to, I don't know, try to have one nice day to say they exist, they're human, they're happy to be who they are when every other day they have to deal with hate, fear, ignorance, violence, and potentially death. Many choose to bury how they feel in legitimate fear of their lives. For posters who say they don't care, I hope that means they vote for people who support their right to exist. Otherwise, you care...care to make people you don't know miserable.

I have no ****ing idea what the **** you’re babbling about.

Wow, lots of people I can put on full block in here. Nice to know we tolerate this sorta behavior in our fandom. Ugh.

That would suck
I’d have concerns but Williams talent is undeniable. I wouldn’t be devastated at all if he ended up here. I’d just pray that he grows up.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back