PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - Bruins vs Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rangers v bruins in the next round....:cool:
1. I hate the Rangers.
2. I also hate the Canadiens.
3. I am still waiting, after forty-three years, for the Bruins to restore their best uniforms (see 1973-74).
4. We need to win Saturday, we haven't exactly been a good home team this year.
5. We will need Krejci to beat the Rangers, fine with me if he sits again on Saturday.
6. I hate the Rangers.

That was a great win by the Bs! Usually it's us that gets scored on in the last few minutes of a tie game. I was thinking there was a good chance of the Bruins being swept in this series as they are down two of their best defensemen, and Tukka Rask has been inconsistent lately. He was great last night and Marchand made up for his boneheaded suspension at the end of the season. Go Bruins!

Yeah. I think Sweeney and Neely may be owed a bit of an apology on the team's current player talent front, and a serious questioning about why Julien was kept around for so long. For all the panic about the defense that people had at the beginning of the season, the Bruins seem to potentially have a pretty good corps moving forward to next year. If they protect C. Miller, they can put a combo of puck mover and stay at home guy on each pairing.

Chara/McAvoy
Carlo/Krug
C. Miller/K. Miller or McQuaid
I think, with us banged up like this, the more the kids play on defense the more confident they will become. They're going to need that confidence if we advance.

1. I hate the Rangers.
2. I also hate the Canadiens.
3. I am still waiting, after forty-three years, for the Bruins to restore their best uniforms (see 1973-74).
4. We need to win Saturday, we haven't exactly been a good home team this year.
5. We will need Krejci to beat the Rangers, fine with me if he sits again on Saturday.
6. I hate the Rangers.
Oh NOOOOO! You have a uniform beef with the Bruins too? AARRGGHHH! :)

That was a great win by the Bs! Usually it's us that gets scored on in the last few minutes of a tie game. I was thinking there was a good chance of the Bruins being swept in this series as they are down two of their best defensemen, and Tukka Rask has been inconsistent lately. He was great last night and Marchand made up for his boneheaded suspension at the end of the season. Go Bruins!
Saturday will be a tough game, and I don't expect any favors from the refs.

Oh NOOOOO! You have a uniform beef with the Bruins too? AARRGGHHH! :)
Well...the Celts (mostly) are okay, and the Sox home uni's are all right (hate the roadies, best was the '86 traditional version).

Is that a little better? Huh? Maybe?o_O

I wouldn't go counting the C's out just yet, especially since they'll have home court. If I'm not mistaken, I believe CLE went something like 20-22 on the road this year. I know last week's game is fresh in everyone's minds, but the Cavs are limping into the postseason.
It would be a monumental upset, seeing as the Celts kind of have less talent than Toronto, Washington, Atlanta, etc...regardless, I feel the Celtics have the coaching advantage, and that always counts for something.

I'll be the first to admit that while I like hockey I'm only a bandwagon fan......only really having interst during playoff season.

With the Bruins missing the playoffs the last few seasons it's been awhile since I've really gotten into hockey. I understand the relatively new-ish playoff format has worked out in the Bruins favor. In the traditional format the Bruins would be the #7 seed and the Senators would be #6. So the Bruins could have it much worse.

Last night's game was pretty entertaining. Good to see playoff hockey again. Obviously it was great to see solid goaltending and some late goals notch the W. If I'm being honest I felt the Senators had the much better run of play and that the Bruins 'stole one'. I mean, ZERO shots in the second period. I'm glad they found a way to pull it out but it wasn't pretty.

Game 2 started and a big save by Rask early. The first few minutes are important as they don't wanna go down 0-2 in the series and so will come out hot to try to win this one.

Curious to see how McAvoy does this game. Can he repeat his performance?

Series tied 1-1

that didn't take long. they have to get somebody back from injury. they can't play with just 5 dmen and expect to win.

They had a 3-1 lead with under 12 minutes to play.. and then Chara flipped the puck into the stands with 12 seconds left.. started off OT with him in the penalty box. They blew it.

They're down to a 19 year old who was in college three weeks ago playing huge minutes and Joe Morrow on the 2nd pairing. If McQuaid is hurt, they might need to bring up Tommy Cross or Matt Grzelcyk. It's getting pretty bleak on the blue line. Unless they get healthy quickly, they will be golfing in a week.

They're down to a 19 year old who was in college three weeks ago playing huge minutes and Joe Morrow on the 2nd pairing. If McQuaid is hurt, they might need to bring up Tommy Cross or Matt Grzelcyk. It's getting pretty bleak on the blue line. Unless they get healthy quickly, they will be golfing in a week.
Its unbelievable. I think this is the fourth game in a row they have lost a defenseman.

Its unbelievable. I think this is the fourth game in a row they have lost a defenseman.

And they weren't exactly swimming in top-pairing defensemen, either. Losing McQuaid, Chiller, whatever. But Krug hurts.

God, am I glad I stopped watching after the second period.

I understand about injuries, but I believe the Bruins should win this series regardless. The Sens simply are not as good as other teams will be in later rounds. I think the Bruins sat on their lead. They had six total shots the rest of the way.

Playing aggressively and keeping the pressure on their opponents' defense is the way they should always play. They should learn from how game six ended in '13.

Yeah, I had a bad feeling after that happened, knowing that they'd be on the PK unit to start overtime. Shame. Should've been up 2-0.
I wanted them to go for a SHG to win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST