PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Amendola “Bill hasn’t been known to pay his players”

Status
Not open for further replies.

NG Pats Fan

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Interesting but slightly disappointing comments from Amendola whom we embraced as a true patriot

Danny Amendola says Adam Gase is 'refreshing' after playing under Bill Belichick

“Adam Gase is one of the guys,” Amendola told Smith on the podcast episode, which was released Thursday morning. “He’s our leader. He’s our head coach, but he’s also our boy. It’s cool. It’s refreshing to have that kind of relationship with a coach, which is something that I haven’t had in a long time. You want to fight hard [for a coach like that]. … Back in New England, it was almost like you’ve got a principal and a principal’s office and [expletive] like that. You know, in a good way. And in a bad way, too.”

“I came in with an open mind. I understand Bill runs a tight ship, and he hasn’t been known to pay his players, really. I understood that I gave money back to him so I could play for him and play for my teammates and fulfill my side of the contract, and at the end of the day, I had faith that he was going to give me an opportunity to stay,” Amendola told ESPN in April.

“When free agency broke, I came to the realization that [Belichick] wasn’t going to really come close to any of the other offers I had,” he said. “I had to make a decision for my family and go down to Miami and continue my career there.”

He said that in April, I think there was a big thread.

Sidenote:

"I had to make a decision for my family..."

Does this phrase drive anybody else crazy?

C'mon... just say you wanted the best deal you could get for yourself. This is America. That's what we do here.

Plus, Danny, what family you got? No kids... not married... you even broke up with your girlfriend in May. What the hell...

If you're taking care of people who've TOLD you they're your family, ya might wanna invest in a few DNA tests.

Otherwise...

...despite that I do thank you for the many great moments you gave us as Pats fans...

...shut your pie hole and go cry about Principal Belichick in a bagful of money.

____

Okay, I'm cranky... time for my meds...

giphy.gif

I am not sure what the point of this thread is other to defend your position that the Pats dont pay their players which was proven false by Deus who gave you a quick list of players that were paid. That list did not include Ghost who is the highest paid kicker in the league.

Or maybe there is a misunderstanding between "paying players" and "pissing away money on players who dont really deserve it"

DA is a great player, but his snap count was managed and with JE back you cant afford to pay DA a big contract when you need to get younger and much more versatile with your WRs.

I thought the goal in the NFL was to "Win games" not "pay players"

Last edited:
Even Brady doesn’t get paid so this isn’t surprising. Belichick isn’t known as a friendly coach either so I don’t find any of Amendola’s comments offensive.

Amendola kind of got the shaft here, but there are plenty of examples in which Belichick has paid his players. He just sounds salty over all those paycuts he took.

I bet his boy won't get him to the playoffs or get a winning record

Sidenote:

Does this phrase drive anybody else crazy?

C'mon... just say you wanted the best deal you could get for yourself. This is America. That's what we do here.

Plus, Danny, what family you got? No kids... not married... you even broke up with your girlfriend in May. What the hell...

If you're taking care of people who've TOLD you they're your family, ya might wanna invest in a few DNA tests.

Otherwise...

...despite that I do thank you for the many great moments you gave us as Pats fans...

...shut your pie hole and go cry about Principal Belichick in a bagful of money.

____

Okay, I'm cranky... time for my meds...

giphy.gif
Meh, same ole...Moss said the same thing.

I think there is enormous peer pressure on players on every other team in the league to fall in line and fit in with their culture. I think that's why you see guys who leave here immediately talk about the Patriots as "cheaters" "them" "they break rules" and so on.

You never hear about any former Patriot saying to their new teammates, "Hey man, that stuff is all bullsh*t...There's not a lick of truth in it at all."

Just as you never heard one single person in all of local and national media in 2007 or 2015 say, "This is total crap. The Patriots did not do anything. At all. Ever."

He got paid and now has the entire winter off to boot. Can't blame a guy for having fun in the sun. Half speed cap'n!

Bill doesn’t pay his players? So they played for free?

Amendola did everything that was asked of him here, took a couple of restructures, made as many clutch plays in huge situations as any Patriot ever and then had to go elsewhere to get a larger payday. He earned the right to his opinions about his time here and nothing he said was inaccurate.

Last edited:
Bill doesn’t pay his players? So they played for free?

They played for much less than they could have received elsewhere.

Bill doesn't pay his players. Kraft does.

Crazy how between the two of them, DA has more negative comments about the Pats/BB than Malcolm Butler does. You'd think Butler would be the more bitter one, but he has been generally quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing