PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: All Rejoice- CBS Dumps Dan Fouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the California boy hated every second of having to stay in Foxborough for so many games.

That's really weird about the toast. I didn't like how he and Sims reacted during the 2006 AFCCG encouraging the "face guarding"penalty on the Pats. It's not like the refs can hear it, but the refs would've taken more criticism making up a foul like that.

Do you why he replaced Gumbel? It seemed really unnecessary at that time and CBS was a downgrade for years.

I remember when the NYFL experimented with a televised game with no announcers. I liked it and wished that it continued.

I do. His name is Ian. Just because your last name is "Eagle" doesn't mean you should be able to pronounce it differently. Pronounce it the boring way the rest of us "Ians" pronounce it.

Every time I hear him say his name so it sounds like "Iron Eagle", it's like fingernails down a chalkboard. It's so freaking pompous and narcissistic.

Fouts was a Bay Area sports reporter on a local news channel when I first moved here. From those days:

Regards,
Chris

Fouts is one of the announcers who could work very hard at putting me to sleep during a very good game...

He had two speeds; boring and very boring.. never remember him ever being excited over football.

I still think Fouts should have received an Oscar for his outstanding performance in the Waterboy:D

I remember Ian Eagle as the sportsflash guy on WFAN in the 90s. So he has paid his dues. Fouts is awful and I'm glad he is gone. But you see how quickly Romo has made himself the best in the business. They really should be able to find better announcers.

I think Tirico is good, Al Michaels is still great, after that meh.

I think Peyton would probably be very good, I'm sure someday he will be in a booth someplace.

Just please no more Beth Mowens, her voice is like nails on a chalkboard!!

Very glad he's off the air. He's the very worst of the current group of mostly mediocre commentators. His considerable lack of emotional intelligence paints his perception so completely, that he had extreme difficulty seeing what was actually happening on the field. Because of this, it is impossible to gauge whether he any understanding of football at all, as what was happening on the field was so very different from what Fouts was saying. They guys is delusional and emotionally unstable. I hope he never seriously hurts anybody.

Anyway Cbs has the best theme songs in college and pro football...

They are awesome
I used to really like the theme from CBS back in the late 60s when I first remember watching football with my dad & brother...tried to find that opening clip on YouTube just now, sadly to no avail...

I find Romo to be incredibly irritating. Early on, I enjoyed him.

Then he bought into his own hype and he never lets the game play out.

I’m a huge Ducks fan so I have a soft spot for Fouts. He was a hell of a QB in college.

as an announcer, ugh. I would turn off the sound.

I find Romo to be incredibly irritating. Early on, I enjoyed him.

Then he bought into his own hype and he never lets the game play out.
Thank you...Romo is way, Way, WAY over-rated here...He's already become a caricature of himself...He just...cannot...shut...thefeck...up...

For me this is as much about the addition of Charles Davis as the subtraction of Dan Fouts. I really like CD.

EqualJoyousBufeo-size_restricted.gif

That had to be after the Butler pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back