OT: All Rejoice- CBS Dumps Dan Fouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertWeathers

Member of the Seattle 7 & Roadie for Metallica
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
A Good Friday indeed....

CBS Sports has let go of its No. 2 NFL game analyst, Dan Fouts, The Post has learned.

CBS is now targeting Fox’s second NFL analyst, Charles Davis, according to sources, as a potential replacement. Fox is trying to retain Davis. CBS has also eyed its own analyst Trent Green as a potential replacement for Fouts next to Ian Eagle.

The move with Fouts is unrelated to the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the economy. Fouts’ contract concluded at the end of this season.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/10/cbs-dumps-dan-fouts-eyes-charles-davis-in-nfl-booth-shakeup/

This is incredible news

Very welcome news in these trying times

Fours would have been a decent analyst if he could have kept his bias out of his commentary.

And now that I’ve said that, back to the Coronavirus thread! :D

But, but who will show biased against the Patriots when they commentate?

:D

Greg Gumbel should replace Ian Eagle as the number 2 play by play...

Last edited:
It seemed like only a few years ago, Ian Eagle was relegated to mostly Browns and Bills games. How did he climb the ladder?

It seemed like only a few years ago, Ian Eagle was relegated to mostly Browns and Bills games. How did he climb the ladder?

I’m sure it has nothing to do with the fact that he's the radio play by play announcer for the Jets.

o_O

I don’t mine Eye-in’ Eagle. But Fouts stunk. Imagine the disparity between Romo and he.

I am going to miss Dan Fouts. No matter how many beers I drank as a Patriots game went along, Dan Fouts was always at least two steps behind seeing what actually happened right in front of his eyes. His kids should take away the car keys.

"The PATRIOTS should be penalized on that play, not (insert Pats opponent)!"

Every. Single. Game.

Every. Single. Penalty.

Fouts should have seen this coming. With CBS mainly doing AFC games and Brady moving to Tampa Bay, Fouts’ ability to claim every Brady throwaway was intentional grounding was useless.

Greg Gumbel should replace Ian Eagle as the number 2 play by play...
Gumbel was the number 1 guy 15 years ago until he was replaced by Nantz. Never thought Nantz was a huge upgrade; Gumbel seemed perfectly reasonable and better than Fox’ number 1 in Joe Buck. Why he then got demoted to #3 is beyond me. His brother was a bad NFL announcer, but Greg is pretty decent.

I like both Nantz and Gumbel

Romo was an awesome surprise at analyst

The best for sure

Trent Green is not bad at all...with Gumbel he would be a perfect nr 2 crew

Gumbel was the number 1 guy 15 years ago until he was replaced by Nantz. Never thought Nantz was a huge upgrade; Gumbel seemed perfectly reasonable and better than Fox’ number 1 in Joe Buck. Why he then got demoted to #3 is beyond me. His brother was a bad NFL announcer, but Greg is pretty decent.

Ian Eagle was a radio host at WFAN in NY back in the 90s...not sure how he ended up in broadcasting. He's a JETE fan I believe. Agree on Gumbel - he has a decent voice, along with Nantz, that is not irritating.

Last edited:
on the week when terry bradshaw said brady is not better than fouts :rolleyes:

Anyone remember Nantz’s first year in 2004? Holy crap is was like he never left the golf course. It took him quite some to time to up his energy and Romo finally helped him wake up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back