PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: 49ers Fire Wilks

Chefs got 7 off a muffed punt. That's 8 points right there including the missed XP.
I agree the muff was big - but it happened after SF wasted a number of possessions. They sat on a 4-7 point lead. When you do that, karma shows up

I agree the muff was big - but it happened after SF wasted a number of possessions. They sat on a 4-7 point lead. When you do that, karma shows up
49ers had many chances to put that game away, but couldn't. Credit the Chefs defense for not budging. The formula to beat them is to get a lead as their offense doesn't have the firepower to come back, but nobody could do it when it mattered.

Shanahan was awful again. I’m surprised he had the audacity to try to lay blame on the DC after his own last 3 failures. You’d figure he would support his staff during tough times but instead goes the chickenshit route. Obviously had an agenda here.

Shanahan was awful again. I’m surprised he had the audacity to try to lay blame on the DC after his own last 3 failures. You’d figure he would support his staff during tough times but instead goes the chickenshit route. Obviously had an agenda here.
SF had one drive in the red zone the entirety of regulation (got a TD). The other TD was from outside the RZ. 2 long FGs - can’t really assume kicker makes both of those. The sum total of the SF offense. Pretty weak. And when they kicked the FG in OT, you just knew the game was over.

Curious what 49er fans think about this. I highly doubt it had to do with just this one game

Don’t see an issue with this. Their defense took a step back since Ryans left.
Agree but the step back was negligible.

The D was fine

Losing Greenlaw didn't help.

The O and ST deserve more scrutiny.

I wonder if Shanahan is going to follow Reid’s career path? Never able to win in his first HC stint but able to win later.
He's a great coach. A innovative mind. But just can't seem to win the big game. That team is superbowl bound. If they falter again next season I can see a change at HC.

Always has to be a fall guy. The only time I thought the defenisve play calling was bad, was the drive before the OT and during the OT. You spend all game stopping them then all of the suddent you change to this soft zone SB and they go right down the field, I dont know why teams do that.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back