PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OSU's Bradley Roby charged with DUI (OVI in Ohio)

I would say from what I know he is still within 2 rounds but i doubt he is taken in the first.

Probably in the 40-50 range now..

I would say from what I know he is still within 2 rounds but i doubt he is taken in the first.

Probably in the 40-50 range now..

As an avid OSU backer, I was never totally sold on Roby as a 1st round talent, even with his speed and range. I've seen him get burned plenty just as well, although I guess that could be said about anyone.

I think your 2nd round prediction is right on the money, maybe even the bottom of round 2.

Yup. I was once young and immortal too. I'm paying now for the alleged sins of my youth, but man....... you'd seriously think that someone looking for a multi-million dollar payday and the NFL Glam lifestyle would have someone around him saying "slow down!"

If i were the agent for any top pick I would have hired a car service for them until they sign their deal.

If i were the agent for any top pick I would have hired a car service for them until they sign their deal.

Without a doubt. Obviously, it costs them money as well, as his agent will see a lessened percentage now.

I don't think his stock will drop that far. I actually don't see him making it out of the first round either. Even though I disagree with the DUI laws, it's incredibly stupid for a potential top 10 pick to do something like this so close to the draft. It doesn't show very good judgement.

I don't think his stock will drop that far. I actually don't see him making it out of the first round either. Even though I disagree with the DUI laws, it's incredibly stupid for a potential top 10 pick to do something like this so close to the draft. It doesn't show very good judgement.

Exactly, these guys should not stay out of home, just for basic thinks like going to the market, etc

Going to the night life is always a risk, even if you don't drink, you never know when you will face a jerk who will give you some headache, incite your wife, etc..

Agreed. It isn't that the kid doesn't have talent, but he's got some serious maturing to do before anyone dumps a ton of money in his lap.

Except for the Raiders. Or maybe the Jests.
Second rounders dont make tons of money.

Arrest happened on 4/20, with a negligible BAC. My guess is he was partaking in the "festivities", you can get DUI for weed.

I'm getting the feeling this may be thrown out - though it will still cause him to fall in the draft and cost him a boatload of money. Apparently he blew just .008; that's about the equivalent to one drink an hour and a half earlier.

Bradley Roby Cited For OVI

According to police records, Roby was pulled over on Vine Street, near Kilbourne Street, in downtown Columbus when a Columbus Police officer approached his car. After a field sobriety test, he blew a .008 into a breathalyzer. Ohio's legal limit is .08, or 10 times what Roby registered.

However, sources within the Columbus Police Department and the prosecutor's office told Eleven Warriors they expect the case to be dismissed.​

BmE6ZGNCMAAbWLl.jpg

Tweet:
I was not driving.
I did not get arrested.
Was not in a cell.
No fingerprints.
No mugshot.

Tweet:
I have lost any respect I had left for the media.
I take ownership in my part of it.
But you run a story at least put out all the facts...

I have to disagree with everyone about Roby falling. This is clearly a case where it is much ado about nothing. He wasn't driving. He blew a .008. He was given a citation for OVI despite blowing a .008 which makes no sense. Usually, when you're arrested, you have a mugshot and fingerprints taken. According to Roby, neither happened.

Clearly a case of the media making more out of something than it actually was..

Former Ohio State CB Bradley Roby cited for OVI - SB Nation

Last edited:
If I was weeks away from making millions and achieving my life long dream I would not be taking any chances, **** other than training and team visits I would probably lock myself down until the draft was over.

I read that is breathalyzer was .008.. Which is well below the limit..

Also, it would seem that he was not actually driving, he was sitting in a parking lot.

Not sure how they can cite him for OVI when the test shows he's not drunk..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...t-ohio-state-cornerback-bradley-roby-arrested

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/20...io-state-corner-bradley-roby-arrested-for-ovi

Maybe it's some teams spreading misinformation to get his stock to fall (in which case that's reprehensible, it could cost Roby millions). Or cops acting inappropriately (black guy, late night, sleeping in his car-i.e racial profiling) then charging him with something, anything to cover their ass.

Sounds like he wasn't drinking enough. Who wants a kid that half asses it? :)
Besides he didn't punch a cop or show a youtube video getting his knob polished. No real skills :)

Second rounders dont make tons of money.
Depends on your view of “tons of money” Tavon Wilson stands to make $4.2M for four years of work, considering that the average median income is $44K per year that would be “tons of money”, to your point though in terms of the NFL it is not a “tons of money”. I think the bigger concern would not be the money; it is the negative attention a trouble player could bring.

Sounds like he wasn't drinking enough. Who wants a kid that half asses it? :)
Besides he didn't punch a cop or show a youtube video getting his knob polished. No real skills :)
Or participate in a murder, as far as we know. :eek:

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back