PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Options to watch Sundays game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It puts an app called "Kodi" onto the Fire Stick which allows you to use different streaming services to stream live sports, TV, and movies.
Interesting, I have Chromecast I wonder if I can pull that off. I'd like to cut cable but I'd hate to have to watch Pats game on streams. I'll watch some out of market games there but, I'd hate to rely on streams for the big ones.

Interesting, I have Chromecast I wonder if I can pull that off. I'd like to cut cable but I'd hate to have to watch Pats game on streams. I'll watch some out of market games there but, I'd hate to rely on streams for the big ones.
Well these are streams but the one I use is crystal clear quality.

What exactly are these things and what's the jailbreak do? Are they not designed to browse the net or something and the jailbreak lets you do it?
You get access to every movie ever. They are usually available the same day they are in the theatre.
You also have every tv show ever including showtime and hbo and it's available basically in real time ( closest I've check was like 5 minutes after it ended)
I tried to hack mine myself but hit a point where I got stuck so I have a buddy who does them so I sent it to him.
It also supposedly get live sports but I haven't been able to find that and my brother says his gets it sometimes but not others so I think we may just be doing it wrong.

What exactly are these things and what's the jailbreak do? Are they not designed to browse the net or something and the jailbreak lets you do it?

the amazon fire stick is a small dongle that plugs into the HDMI input of your TV and allows you to watch different streaming services like amazon video, netflix, hulu and channels that have streaming services like ESPN and HBO. of course it requires a subscription to each of those services. it's like apple tv, google chromecast, or roku, if you're familiar with those devices. most of the newer blu-ray players also have the ability to stream from a lot of these services.

the stick runs on android and has wi-fi, so you can essentially install anything on it that runs on your android phone, including Kodi. people refer to this as "jailbreaking", although it's not quite the same as jailbreaking an iphone. basically when they say "jailbreaking", they just mean installing programs that aren't officially approved in amazon's app store.

Tell me more about this. How does it know which games to stream?

Kodi is a media front-end that started off as a program called XBMC (xbox media center) which was developed for people to manage and serve their media files (movies, music, pictures) to a display device or to other computers on your home network.

various third parties have developed addons which allow you to access media streams from various sources. sportsdevil, which kontra mentioned, is one of the addons for streaming live sports. there are others:

Best 2016 NFL Kodi Live Streams (National Football League)

just to note, since no one else did (maybe because it's obvious), but these streaming sources are illegal. kodi doesn't support any of these addons and bans discussion of them on their forums:

Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons - Official Kodi Wiki

Last edited:
Just my 2 cents in regards to the firetv stick. I would spend a little extra ($99) and buy the firetv 4K. It is the same idea but looks more like an Apple TV. With it you can install a micro sd card for recording content for later viewing. Even with the best internet connection you will still run into buffering issues from the server you are connecting to. If anyone is interested PM me and I have a how-to guide that I wrote up for friends on how to set these up from scratch. It contains a bunch of web links and YouTube videos going through everything step-by-step.

Buy a jailbroken Fire Stick and stream it onto your TV. Crystal clear quality.
That's how I do it. $67, one time fee. I've Been doing firstrowsports for about 5 yrs before that. Lots of ads to navigate through. Lots of freeze ups. I just watched on the firestick for the first time this weekend. Much, much better. No ads and few freezing

Andy

I am unclear if you normally live in New England and have a cable subscription, but just for this weekend you are out of town where the pats game is not broadcast.

This happens to me a few times a year and my solution has been to get a cheap Slingbox. You can get them on Amazon for $70. They are legal. You plug it into your cable box and your home network, set up your personal login, and can live watch your home broadcast from anywhere. That way you're not dependent on any streams and quality is good.

Andy

I am unclear if you normally live in New England and have a cable subscription, but just for this weekend you are out of town where the pats game is not broadcast.

This happens to me a few times a year and my solution has been to get a cheap Slingbox. You can get them on Amazon for $70. They are legal. You plug it into your cable box and your home network, set up your personal login, and can live watch your home broadcast from anywhere. That way you're not dependent on any streams and quality is good.
No I live outside of New England. Getting Pittsburgh vs Jets rather than pats on local TV.
Have had sunday ticket for 10 years but gave it up this year.

Andy

I installed Slingbox here and it works like a charm.

The game that I wish I could see again is the Denver game from November 3, 2003. That was the game with the intentional safety. I can't seem to find that anywhere.

Alot of good streams via aceplayer are on the arenavision channels, I actually found the listing for the channels. If you have a look around you can garner the acestream address for the channels to put into ace player. Its very good for the top college games, which are harder to get, although like NFL reddit has a section for college games too. Loads of 720p and 1080 links at reddit, but you have advert popups like you do with crappy flash streams, its why I use acestreams more than any other streams really. If you find the NFL room via link someone gave above, on that page you get links on the right hand side for other sports sections for streaming.

AGENDA DE EVENTOS / SCHEDULE | ArenaVision.in

Don't cut the cable until your ready, loads of games out there to trial and error what fits your needs and wants. Try the free ways of doing it first, whats the point of cutting the cord otherwise.

To point out, I've watched every Pats game on free streams via Reddit at full screen on a 40".. Being honest, at worst its been DVD quality.

Streaming can be annoying. I do it when I don't go out to watch a game, though I live within a 10 minute walk of a BWW so it's easy.

In any case, there are plenty of restaurants that have Sunday Ticket and will allow 17 year olds. Buffalo Wild Wings is the first to come to mind, but others include Smokey Bones and Hooters. Many Applebee's and Friday's also carry the package, and there's plenty of non-chain Irish pub type places which will allow a 17 year old. You can search for places near you with Sunday Ticket on Yelp, if they're a sports bar you can give them a call and see if they would have a problem with a 17 year old. Most sports bars probably won't.

I got it to work on the stick. Streaming TNF right now and can barely notice it's not real tv

Bumping this thread as I received a Fire TV Stick w/ voice remote for Christmas specifically for this purpose, I couldn't get it to download Kodi at all.
Watched a couple tutorials but they were for the older models with older software. I just kept getting a message telling me to download to another device

The best way is to google reddit NFLstream by game time. There is a Pats fan running HD feed regularly. He runs via YouTube live stream. The quality is awesome.

THIS OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand