PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Onwenu at Right Tackle

Onwenu needs to be paid and same goes for Bourne and Jennings . Henry, brown and Dugger will need further discussion depending upon what the AAV is ?

Onwenu needs to be paid and same goes for Bourne and Jennings . Henry, brown and Dugger will need further discussion depending upon what the AAV is ?
I would pay for Brown and Onwenu, both at tackle. Bourne and Dugger, have to see what their market is, but would certainly try to keep them. Jennings solid but not high value. Would be good at the right price.

How can you tell?

I see him get open.

He doesn't have catches. But if you're open and you don't have catches, that's a bit of a conundrum. Chicken and egg.

Acknowledged; but I sometimes shudder to think what would happen to him if he actually was thrown-to...

Acknowledged; but I sometimes shudder to think what would happen to him if he actually was thrown-to...
I said last week that he was still a bad pick because he's brittle, but i was impressed that he actually does have some ability.

We also can't continue to not pay our young talent and go bargain basement shopping.

That's not how you build towards something
No team can go bargain-basement shopping forever because of the cash spending requirements.

No team can go bargain-basement shopping forever because of the cash spending requirements.

Right but there's this idea from fans that we should pay no one. Like somehow the Patriots are a college kid who has to live off ramen noodles. And can't afford to pay any young players the market rate or it will bankrupt the team.

We all knew he was the best option at the more critical RT position...plus, we drafted a bunch of guards. So...what was the holdup?

We all knew he was the best option at the more critical RT position...plus, we drafted a bunch of guards. So...what was the holdup?

His health, probably.

Bill's plan at RT appeared to be first Reiffer... but he sucked before a pre-season game was even played... Then McDermott... but he got hurt during the final pre-season game... Now at this point if Onemenu had been ready, he might've then been named the starting RT... but he wasn't, so it was now Mister Anderson's turn there... and he sucked too...but he likely wasn't yet fully healthy himself, plus he's just Not an NFL RT anyway...Next was VD Low... who sucked worst of all.

In short, better late than never.

3 year rule coming up for boney and Strange at the end of next year. Then they are fair game for roasted criticism. So far Boney about as durable as Ras Dowling and Strange has been a mixed bag of nothing special.

I'd prefer Thornton. We need downfield speed.

I prefer speed period. Use Douglas, Bourne, Thornton, and Reagor as your four WR’s. Just get the ball in their hands as quick as possible. Run a quick passing offense and then run the ball when the defense is sucking air. It’s not like they have anything to lose, especially since they aren’t being successful trying to run to set up the pass.

I prefer speed period. Use Douglas, Bourne, Thornton, Boutte, and Reagor as your four WR’s. Just get the ball in their hands as quick as possible. Run a quick passing offense and then run the ball when the defense is sucking air. It’s not like they have anything to lose, especially since they aren’t being successful trying to run to set up the pass.
FIFY

I want them to get Thornton going, he has exceptional speed, and can get defenses to back off, and create more room for the other receivers to operate in.

I want them to get Thornton going, he has exceptional speed, and can get defenses to back off, and create more room for the other receivers to operate in.
Read somewhere that Thornton ran the wrong route on one play last week. That shouldn’t happen. He’s had enough time to study the playbook. He had a chance and effed it. BB won’t be quick to give more chances until he shows he won’t eff them up. His speed doesn’t matter if he isn’t where he is supposed to be.

Boutte effed up not getting his feet down in bounds, and he’s been in timeout ever since. He may not be as fast but at least he was open and caught the ball on those plays, so presumably he ran the correct routes. I’d like to see if he’s learned to tap his toes. If he doesn’t perform give Thornton a chance, but for now I’d let him sit and study.

Boutte effed up not getting his feet down in bounds, and he’s been in timeout ever since. He may not be as fast but at least he was open and caught the ball on those plays, so presumably he ran the correct routes. I’d like to see if he’s learned to tap his toes. If he doesn’t perform give Thornton a chance, but for now I’d let him sit and study.
And I suppose you know that Boutte has shown in practice that he understands all the routes, and won't make such a mistake?

Boutte is not even on the radar, other than as a PS emergency.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back