PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On to the Super Bowl LIII rematch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough road game. I think we need ST to step up again. Last 2 weeks they’ve been awesome and a huge part of the wins. Rams actually have invested in and care about ST unlike the Chargers so it’s not gonna be as easy.

On O, we may need a few short fields to get the ball in ‘cause I can’t see Cam getting multiple long drives against this D. Passing is tough for our O on any day, and against this front and coverage DBs it will be even tougher. The Rams will fill the box but we gotta run, run, run and pick our spots with play action.

I think on D we will need to create turnovers to win and to give our O the short field they need.

The key for this team is to play from ahead. Ball control, no turnovers or dumb penalties.

The defense has to win this game & I think they will.

The Rams running game is sub 4.0 ypc since they lost Andrew Whitworth. Without Brandin Cooks their offense doesn’t stretch the field:

Bully their mediocre OL. Shut down the underneath passing game.

The Niners KILLED us with their short passing game stretching the field sideline to sideline.....so we will see...

Gonna be a tough game. If the Pats can produce something close to the effort they put forth vs the Chargers they should win.

Goff does not impress me one bit. Looks like Ryan Gossling's twin.

Flores and the dolphins beat the rams with Tua only passing for 93 yards and the dolphins running for 55 yards as a team.
Yes that means if you want to win the game you probably need the 2 ST scores and a defensive one again and the Rams O to play terrible.

Gonna be a tough game. If the Pats can produce something close to the effort they put forth vs the Chargers they should win.

Goff does not impress me one bit. Looks like Ryan Gossling's twin.
While Goff might not impress you, his girl should...

1607367573651.jpeg

Goff will be happy not to see KVN and Hightower this time.

the challenge will be on our offense. That Dline vs a team throwing only 69 yards is going to be tough. Cam has the tendency to hold on too long and make poor throws under pressure. this game will be his ultimate test.

the challenge will be on our offense. That Dline vs a team throwing only 69 yards is going to be tough. Cam has the tendency to hold on too long and make poor throws under pressure. this game will be his ultimate test.
The key is to actually let Donald penetrate just a bit and then pound that ball right through the gap he just vacated. This all sounds very sexual, but it’s actually related to football.

Someone mentioned the Rams special teams being much better than the Chargers.

That is true that they are better. But I wouldn't say they're much better. Could be another big ST mismatch to exploit.

Special teams DVOA rankings
Pats: 4th
Chargers: 32nd
Rams: 29th

Rams are 30th in the league so far in both average kickoff return allowed by opponent and average punt return allowed by opponent.

Last edited:
Bad matchup for NE.

Goff is the 6th ranked passer. Herbert was 10th ranked, awesome for a rookie, but we saw him get an education yesterday.

Will that game even be in LA? Sounds like Newsome is going shut the power off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST