PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On to the Super Bowl LIII rematch

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Pats open as +6 underdogs.

This will be a step way up in weight class. Maybe the best team the Pats have played all year other than KC.

Last edited:
Rams offense:
17th in scoring
5th in passing
8th in rushing

Rams defense:
5th in scoring
Top 3 pass defense.
Fewest pass TD allowed in the league. I think that accomplishment is safe this week lol
Top 3 rush defense too.

With that said - 0-2 vs AFC East so far.

Tough task / tough ask. A .500 team, on the road, with less than 100 yards passing from the starter in the last two games (wins) vs a competent, playoff bound squad with stars on both sides of the ball & good STs.

NE has been winning lately, but to continue winning at this clip isn't a given. Having said that, the D, the OL, and the RBs are doing their part. I wonder if they'll even play this one on THU...

This game will depend on the Rams offense . If they can move the ball, it will be tough for us because I think the Rams have a defense that can stop the run without bringing extra guys. And if Ramsey is one on one vs Meyers or Byrd you will be basically without one receiver.

Remember.....this is a Thursday game.

Regarding Thursday games, my theory has always been teams will run the same game plan they used four days earlier.
Little time to develop/practice a team specific scheme

Revenge game #2 for Goff and McVay. They embarrassed Tom on National TV. Will they do the same to Bill and our Pats?

Revenge game #2 for Goff and McVay. They embarrassed Tom on National TV. Will they do the same to Bill and our Pats?
If Brady had a rough go against that Rams defense I can imagine what they'd do to Stidham if Bill had started him. It would be ugly and maybe historically so. Yikes.

Cam is not a conventional QB. Maybe that will help, maybe it won't. We'll see.

Bill undressed mcvay and goff on the biggest stage, im sure they are hungry for revenge. I give them credit getting back to this point, thought they were done after that loss and last season, but they are one of the top nfc teams again.

hope to see continued solid play on d and st, but I think this is the game we can ill afford to get nothing from the passing game. Huge game, playoff feel

With the way the defense, and the secondary in particular, is playing, I’d expect a lot of Cover-0, Cover-1 with tons of disguise. Not really any reason to deviate from what worked in the Super Bowl. Goff hates being pressured. Have to be able to weave through their bunch formations and bring down the receivers to limit the YAC.

One little travel wrinkle regarding this game; although this is a west coast Pat's away game on a very short week, the Rams had to make a significant trek back home, while the Patriots just took the shuttle back to their hotel.

Last edited:
The defense has to win this game & I think they will.

The Rams running game is sub 4.0 ypc since they lost Andrew Whitworth. Without Brandin Cooks their offense doesn’t stretch the field:

Bully their mediocre OL. Shut down the underneath passing game.

Rams imho are one of the best team not only in the Nfc but in the overall Nfl

Goff has an arsenal ...

Win there would be an epic win next thursday

But this team showed us that this year never say never...

The defense has to win this game & I think they will.

The Rams running game is sub 4.0 ypc since they lost Andrew Whitworth. Without Brandin Cooks their offense doesn’t stretch the field:

Bully their mediocre OL. Shut down the underneath passing game.

Yeah, they’re no threat to go deep. What’s been killing defenses has been their YAC. See the Tampa game. Tampa had their corners aligned 10 yards off the LoS and got caught in their picks, leading to huge plays based solely on YAC. Choke off everything underneath and intermediate and send anyone who isn’t tasked with covering someone after Goff. Smack him around. That should be enough to slow them down. The problem is going to be scoring ourselves as they have a very good defense. Containing Donald is obviously going to be the order of the day. Stidham should not be starting this game. We will need Cam’s legs here.

Who will block AD? Gronk and Cannon and not walking thru that door. Wynn is still out. Which wide out can beat man coverage? The Rams corners are no joke!

Who will block AD? Gronk and Cannon and not walking thru that door. Wynn is still out. Which wide out can beat man coverage? The Rams corners are no joke!
I think Andrews proved worthy to the task a few years ago. If Andrews holds up again we have a good chance. Huge battle that will go a long way in deciding this one. How often is the most obvious key match up a DT and C? Love it.

Flores and the dolphins beat the rams with Tua only passing for 93 yards and the dolphins running for 55 yards as a team.

It’ll take a village. Depending on which technique he lines up in, Mason, Andrews, and Onwenu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots