PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On to Philadelphia...

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're missing Jeffrey, Sproles & Bradham. I mean it's the end of Nov, that's healthy by NFL standards. Also most people over rate injuries big time. It's the NFL their "replacement" is vg & more then capable.

Howard is questionable but again behind that OL the drop off from the next guy is nothing.
Agree with your point overall but there are exceptions (value/impact of player, coaching and scheme)

For example, I think if Elliot went down the Cowboys would be F'ed just as if TB12 was lost for the year with us.

It'll be interesting to see how the 9ers' D performs w/o Alexander.

With Jeffery and Jackson out Eagles WRs are Agholor, Matthews, Hollins and Arcega-Whiteside.
Cover 0 all day.

With Jeffery and Jackson out Eagles WRs are Agholor, Matthews, Hollins and Arcega-Whiteside.

Good thing the Patriots have never given up big days to Agholor or Ertz or we might be in trouble.

edit: this is mostly tongue in cheek, that's a pretty putrid crew

Enjoying my usual Sunday lie-in with my wife, coffee and breakfast, my iPad and the Sunday NY Times. Turn to the NFL picks page to see how their writer justifies his regular pick against the Pats and it’s a doozy:

“The X factor in this game is motivation. New England is coasting with a division title wrapped up and an undefeated season off the table, while Philadelphia is in a fierce fight for the NFC East. ... That could lead to a surprising result.”

Citing “motivation” as a reason to bet against the Patriots is silly. And they haven’t “wrapped up anything.”

Citing “motivation” as a reason to bet against the Patriots is silly. And they haven’t “wrapped up anything.”

No kidding. I'd much more concerned that they'd be too tense coming off a painful loss with two weeks to think about it. But, of course, they have BB, Brady and a LOT of experience.

Enjoying my usual Sunday lie-in with my wife, coffee and breakfast, my iPad and the Sunday NY Times. Turn to the NFL picks page to see how their writer justifies his regular pick against the Pats and it’s a doozy:

“The X factor in this game is motivation. New England is coasting with a division title wrapped up and an undefeated season off the table, while Philadelphia is in a fierce fight for the NFC East. ... That could lead to a surprising result.”

It's the NY Times, 'nuf said... Dd they mention revenge factor? Brady even admitted this week that SB52 still sticks in his craw..... Pederson is full of himself and still living off that game. He is so pompous that I fully expect him to run that "Philly Special" again......hopefully with a different result.........

It's the NY Times, 'nuf said... Dd they mention revenge factor? Brady even admitted this week that SB52 still sticks in his craw..... Pederson is full of himself and still living off that game. He is so pompous that I fully expect him to run that "Philly Special" again......hopefully with a different result.........
You can bet the house they run a Philly special or some variation thereof. Let's hope this D is up to the task.

It seems like forever since the Pats played !!!
LFG !!! Only 5 more hours !

Big game. The Patriots need to win to keep control of the first seed. This has been the first must win game they've had for maybe 5 weeks. Maybe the Texans will buy them a bit of breathing room. Even if that is the case it isn't like the Patriots can just afford to lose this one either.

We got the Texans coming up. Even if they do us a favor this week, if we lose today they will have a chance to steal the first seed from us in two weeks potentially.

Whatever happens today the next 2 weeks will be tight. Assuming Baltimore doesn't go undefeated in these next 3 games games the Patriots have a good chance to virtual lock up the AFC.

huge game...i am optimistic...after the bye we will be at best...;)

or, at least, i hope so...:D

pity it is a 'late game' for us...i will go to sleep approx 01,30 am monday o_O

Philly's OL should be one of the best in the NFL. It is a good example of how 1 bad OL man can ruin the work of 3 pro bowl level guys and 1 okay OL player.

They're missing Jeffrey, Sproles & Bradham. I mean it's the end of Nov, that's healthy by NFL standards. Also most people over rate injuries big time. It's the NFL their "replacement" is vg & more then capable.

Howard is questionable but again behind that OL the drop off from the next guy is nothing.

The only injury that really hurts them is Bradham.

All due respect to Sproles and Jeffrey but they have other guys at those positions and you can only have so many skill players on the field anyway. I wouldn't consider either one of their key targets. Jeffrey is their number 2 on paper I suppose right now but he is really in the mix with 3 other #3 guys. No big loss as llong as they have Ertz and other guys ready to take those snaps, which they do.

Taking out Bradham and being forced to play Hill is a big downgrade though.

Can't wait to see N'Keal O Neal ball out! If he pans out can we agree on that nickname? :D

I want to see the offense get Harry & Meyers more involved. I'm not expecting anything out of the run game. Not with that turnstile Newhouse at left tackle. Pray to Jesus Wynn is back and Newhouse is released ASAP.

Defense needs to prove they can perform well against an elite offense. There aren't anymore tomato cans on the schedule until Cincinnati. So was the defense elite? Or a product of a crap schedule for 8 weeks?

If we lose 20-17 with much better performances by the defense and offense, I'll feel better. If we lose like Baltimore. I'll be officially full on panic.

This is a critical game. We will know alot more about the team after today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots