PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On to Philadelphia...

Status
Not open for further replies.
35 mph winds tomorrow. Not good for Brady's passing game. Favors the run....

I brought it up in the rewatch thread but expect it this week w a possible twist?

Bill has been sending his LBs crashing into the DL going back years to help w doubles, create a pile/clog up gaps etc
LBs helping DL & themselves in the process. Sometimes you'll have a clean up defender waiting a few yards back to find the ball.

I'm curious if Bill would take a shot at Johnson w something delayed/designed?

Anyway you'll definitely see us crashing LBs again w this OL. They love getting physical at the poa w doubles & working off those like Balt.

You taking about the Philly team that blew out the bills 31-13? The one that gained almost 400 yards against a stout Bills D? The one that rushed for over 200 yards against the Bills D? Philly almost had more rushing yards than the Pats had total yards!

Except the bildos aren't stout against the run. They are allowing 4.5 ypc. Even if you take out the Eagles game they've allowed 4.3 ypc. But while the final score said blowout it really wasn't for 3.5 quarters.

Game was 11-7 Eagles at HT and should have really been 7-3 bildos at HT if it wasn't for Josh Allen getting stripped on the bildos side of the field. Then the Eagles got the ball to open the 2nd half and hit a big play and scored making it 17-7. Then they traded TDs to make it 24-13. Then it stayed that score until 5 minutes left in the game when the Eagles scored again.

Really even with the Eagles running it bildos were in that game until a few minuets left, it's just that Josh Allen stucks and he ain't the guy you want in there down 10 points in the 4th qtr.

Where are you getting 35mph winds from? Do you make sh*t up just to concern troll?

xaUWvw8.jpg

ULLDtNH.jpg

Ian or the mods really need to do something about the people that do nothing but concern troll

You taking about the Philly team that blew out the bills 31-13? The one that gained almost 400 yards against a stout Bills D? The one that rushed for over 200 yards against the Bills D? Philly almost had more rushing yards than the Pats had total yards!

This is a good Philly team. When they play to their potential, they are good. They are much better than the Jills.

Every team has a bad game. The Pats played poorly against Baltimore. Philly will be a good challenge. Both teams have good motivation. Wentz wants to show everyone that he could have beaten the Pats as well (not just a Foles thing). The Pats clearly want to show they are a better D then in the SB TWO years ago.

Wow, I agree with you for a change.
For all those reasons you enumerated, I expect a very good hard-fought game.
Eagles not as good as Ravens, but they have a lot of talent and will be bringing their A game. They're easily the 2nd best team we've seen so far.
Road games are always tough. I'd feel better if Chung were playing.
I like the Patriots by 3-7 points, but a CLOSE 3-7.

Wow, I agree with you for a change.
For all those reasons you enumerated, I expect a very good hard-fought game.
Eagles not as good as Ravens, but they have a lot of talent and will be bringing their A game. They're easily the 2nd best team we've seen so far.
Road games are always tough. I'd feel better if Chung were playing.
I like the Patriots by 3-7 points, but a CLOSE 3-7.
Easily the 2nd best team we've faced this year.

Pitt, I guess you can make the case but week 1?

A healthy Phila team is a vg team.

Chung out tomorrow along with Damian Harris

Is this relevant to tomorrow's game? PHI is nowhere near healthy.
They're missing Jeffrey, Sproles & Bradham. I mean it's the end of Nov, that's healthy by NFL standards. Also most people over rate injuries big time. It's the NFL their "replacement" is vg & more then capable.

Howard is questionable but again behind that OL the drop off from the next guy is nothing.

Howard is questionable but again behind that OL the drop off from the next guy is nothing.

He is out. Ajayi is in. Like you said won't be much of a drop off in the run game.

Finally game day.

Dont know what else to say other than I hope for a good strong performance and get the points on the board early.

Your the Chris Mortensen of weather forecasts. Now move along troll.

He is out. Ajayi is in. Like you said won't be much of a drop off in the run game.

Finally game day.

Signed on Friday gives him 2 days with the Eagles. I understand a RB playbook may be easier, but if he does play significant time I expect a number of false starts or missed blocks which would make an Eagle fan very uncomfortable.

Signed on Friday gives him 2 days with the Eagles. I understand a RB playbook may be easier, but if he does play significant time I expect a number of false starts or missed blocks which would make an Eagle fan very uncomfortable.

He has been with the Eagles before. Not much really changed in terms of their OL or how they run their offense.

I'd be more concerned with his conditioning if anything.

EDIT:

Nevermind

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes