PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Old 2020 thread] NFL Free Agency/Trade Rumors:

Status
Not open for further replies.

34 year old WR that hasn’t eclipsed 700 yards. WRs are going to be expensive in FA

On paper the 2001 team was much more talented than the 2000 team.

BB had a garage sale in 2000 to get out of inherited cap hell. Then began to build the O-line in 2000 drafting Randall and signing Andruzzi. In 2001 he solidified the O-line drafting Brock Williams and Matt Light. He also began building the defensive line.

2001 free agent signings: defensive back, Terrell Buckley, guard Mike Compton, linebacker Bryan Cox, fullback Marc Edwards, linebacker Larry Izzo, receiver David Patten, linebacker Roman Phifer, defensive end Anthony Pleasant, running back Antowain Smith, and linebacker Mike Vrabel.

2001 draft picks: DL, Richard Seymour, OL, Matt Light, CB Brock Williams, OT, Kenyatta Jones, CB, Leonard Meyers

In 2000, he spent the Patriots 2nd round pick on Adrian Klemm as well. Before his injuries, Klemm was thought to have starting potential at either side. Belichick also drafted RB J.R. Redmond and RB/FB Patrick Pass.

An aside, I think you meant to say Jones and Light in the 2nd paragraph. Not Light and Williams.

Some other signings that you didn't mention.

2000 Free Agent Signings: DE Bobby Hamilton, DB Otis Smith, UDFA Lonie Paxton, UDFA Grey Reugamer,
2001 Free Agent Signings: WR Charles Johnson , WR Bert Emmanuel, WR Torrance Small, CB Terrell Buckley, DB Je'rod Cherry,

I kinda like Terrence Brooks. Played pretty well. Tony Jefferson is a nice veteran option who is a good special teamer as well.

Brooks was bad when he had to step in late in the season for Chung. He was good on special teams, but he's an easy cut IMHO.

That contract is horrible. Good luck with that. Iggles would eat up about 16 million in dead money. They wouldn’t save much. Under 1 million.

I know that OTC lists 16.196M in cap hit if he's traded prior to June 1. However, they are missing a few notes on how they get to that number. Especially since in one part they say that Jeffrey's salary for 2019 is 11.75M, yet they show it as only 930K in the chart below.

Trading him would actually RAISE his cap number from 15.4 to 16.196

An aside, I think you meant to say Jones and Light in the 2nd paragraph. Not Light and Williams.

Yes, I did mean Jones. Good catch.

Someone above was try trying to convince folks to believe the 2000 team and the 2001 teams were equally talented and the only difference was TB12. Emotional nonsense.

Karras didn’t give up a sack, pressure or penalty his last 6-7 starts. No surprise he’s going to have a market for starter money.

Karras didn’t give up a sack, pressure or penalty his last 6-7 starts. No surprise he’s going to have a market for starter money.

Karras definitely grew as a player throughout 2019. He should command starter money, he earned it.

Karras definitely grew as a player throughout 2019. He should command starter money, he earned it.
Does remind me of Donald Thomas/Josh Kline situations we’ve had in the past. Long time backups that come in and do an all around solid job when they had to step up as starters.

Both did not pan out once they left, though. We’ll see if Karras can play well elsewhere.

Howe said in the Athletic today Karras may be in line for $10 mill a year.

The Celtics.
They should’ve beat my Lakers on Sunday. Lakers got bailed out by the refs. AD is a softy. Body up on him and he doesn’t like it. Choked away two shots near the end of the game.

Jaylon Brown played perfect D on LeBron with that fade away last shot. LeBron acting like he had set up that move but he got lucky with that shot. He got bodied up by Brown but LeBron couldn’t back him down. His prayer shot was answered. Lol.

Clippers will b**** slap them in the playoffs. My worst nightmare.

They should’ve beat my Lakers on Sunday. Lakers got bailed out by the refs. AD is a softy. Body up on him and he doesn’t like it. Choked away two shots near the end of the game.

Jaylon Brown played perfect D on LeBron with that fade away last shot. LeBron acting like he had set up that move but he got lucky with that shot. He got bodied up by Brown but LeBron couldn’t back him down. His prayer shot was answered. Lol.

Clippers will b**** slap them in the playoffs. My worst nightmare.

With the Kobe thing going on, there was no way the officials were going to let the Celtics win that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back