PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Old 2020 thread] NFL Free Agency/Trade Rumors:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably because they don't have a QB. Prescott is done until December at the earliest.. He may be done for the year. Dalton just suffered a major concussion. So they are left with Ben Denucci as their starter, Garret Gilbert as their back-up and are signing Cooper Rush to their PS.

Their O-line has taken some massive hits this year. They lost a fantastic center in Trevor Frederick, who retired. Both starting Tackles are out currently with Collins unlikely to return this season.

Without a solid O-line or a viable QB, That offense isn't go to do much of anything.

So, it's not surprising that they let Poe and Worley go.

In all honesty, if Dallas came knocking about Andrews, I'd definitely be listening. He'd help right that O-line. Hell, if they offered a 2nd for Cam and Andrews, I'd take it.. Not because I hate Andrews, but because it would be a good situation for him to go to.
His bone went through his leg. Pretty sure he isn't back in December.

Just for context...you be the judge..

I think the important thing to distinguish here -- and BB touched on this in his recent press conference -- is that there is a substantial difference between teams talking about moving a player and then negotiating a trade.

As BB said he usually only gets involved when things get to a latter stage in cases where its clear that there might be common ground to make a transaction. It doesn't mean whatever that dude is saying on twitter is wrong but he there is no context to how serious those talks are.

Please not. We need a rebuild with young guys and Not give picks away for Players Who had a Lot of injuries.
I am actually OK with being buyers if we can pick up a few players with term left on their contracts... Say we get a productive WR and TE with 1-2 years left.

I don't necessarily think this means you cant SELL as well... Say you traded Gilmore for a couple of picks to offset the cost (in picks) to acquire the aforementioned "weapons".

Net result is
- A (still) non-championship team this year, but with tons of cap room (assuming talent required costs less than Gilmore, but even still we have alot) and some key building blocks for next year in place (lets just say a TE and one good WR acquired).
- Keep in mind we had 8 players (?) opt out and quite a few injuries: "shadow" roster....
- We have a pretty good haul of draft picks already for next year. I am sure Miguel has figured It out already but Brady/Van Noy/Collins etc.. are going to fetch some decent picks, plus our own that for once wont be top of the draft
- Still can deal Thuney if needed as well.

I think this ends up being the route at we take rather than a "load up" or "fire sale" mentalities.

I am actually OK with being buyers if we can pick up a few players with term left on their contracts... Say we get a productive WR and TE with 1-2 years left.

I don't necessarily think this means you cant SELL as well... Say you traded Gilmore for a couple of picks to offset the cost (in picks) to acquire the aforementioned "weapons".

Net result is
- A (still) non-championship team this year, but with tons of cap room (assuming talent required costs less than Gilmore, but even still we have alot) and some key building blocks for next year in place (lets just say a TE and one good WR acquired).
- Keep in mind we had 8 players (?) opt out and quite a few injuries: "shadow" roster....
- We have a pretty good haul of draft picks already for next year. I am sure Miguel has figured It out already but Brady/Van Noy/Collins etc.. are going to fetch some decent picks, plus our own that for once wont be top of the draft
- Still can deal Thuney if needed as well.

I think this ends up being the route at we take rather than a "load up" or "fire sale" mentalities.
I am ok with that scenario as well i just would Not trade for 31 year old watt and would like to draft a Number 1 WR. Did Fuller have some injuries as well i am Not sure if i remember right.

Indeed. It is Fuller's first season he has been playing since the beginning. During his previous seasons he was always injured.He has speed undoubtedly but unfortunately he is injury prone.

If there was a time to rip Houston off, now is the time. Easterby doesn't know what he's doing...

Will fuller makes no sense unless the pats think they can salvage this season and make the playoffs. We’d be giving up draft capital for 1/2 season at around 5 mil owed to him. Or we go with what we have and save some of our picks.

If there was a time to rip Houston off, now is the time. Easterby doesn't know what he's doing...
There was a report in the last few days that hinted at the opposite, that Easterby is going to accumulate no future assets because he refuses to acknowledge that half-season rentals are worth less.

Neither Thielen nor Engram are coming here either.

Bill would be better-served doing something that would keep his draft picks here, such as signing Jake Kumerow from Barfalo's PS...their loss is our gain...squeeze some intel from him too...Disappointed that Bill hasn't tried this already...

Neither Thielen nor Engram are coming here either.

Bill would be better-served doing something that would keep his draft picks here, such as signing Jake Kumerow from Barfalo's PS...their loss is our gain...squeeze some intel from him too...Disappointed that Bill hasn't tried this already...

You know that Kumerow was actually with the Patriots at one point, yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back