PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Old 2020 thread] NFL Free Agency/Trade Rumors:

Status
Not open for further replies.
True but it will be relative at least. The cap will go down for everyone.

If the cap drops $30M can teams have a negative cap and be forced to let guys go? Wierd situation for the players - a NFL Reduction-In-Force.

Would you trade 37 to the Saints for a 2021 1st and their 2020 4th (130)?

Ideally you would trade out with a team that has a better chance of struggling so you can get a high pick but it’s still good value.

Ideally you would trade out with a team that has a better chance of struggling so you can get a high pick but it’s still good value.

I'd bite on that. You'd still have enough ammo to get a couple players on day 2. Especially in a transition year you can afford to swap a top 40 pick for an additional 2021 first round pick.

The pats desperately need help on O. Trading into 2021 with Saints will likely get pick # 30 and in the130's for the 4th rounder...not nearly enough to justify delaying getting an offensive talent to work with.
Stidham needs help now.

Seems like the saints are trying to load up thinking about tampa bay. Are they shooked? What was their excuse for the epic failure in the playoffs this past season.

Seems like the saints are trying to load up thinking about tampa bay. Are they shooked? What was their excuse for the epic failure in the playoffs this past season.

Tampa’s a huge threat and the Saints window to compete for a title is now. Brees likely has 1 year left. They need to go all in and then embrace the suck once it’s over.

Rodgers to NE... can't afford nor will he leave, but it would be great just to see our AFC rivals reactions after they were finally rid of TB12.

Rodger's $19 mil cap hit of $21 mil (total) was paid in march

Somebody go ahead & trade for this guy already! I’m sick of hearing about him :mad:

It would give you two firsts next year and all but guaranteed that one would be traded. At some point though the Pats need to make a pick to improve the 2020-2021 team.

The article says he denies this report.

I'm going to believe the report because there's been so much smoke about Howard and also about a Howard-Arians rift. Heck, they were sniping back and forth publicly through the press last season. If Howard isn't loudly proclaiming his excitement to play with TB12, then it must be bad.

I'm going to believe the report because there's been so much smoke about Howard and also about a Howard-Arians rift. Heck, they were sniping back and forth publicly through the press last season. If Howard isn't loudly proclaiming his excitement to play with TB12, then it must be bad.

They probably want a second rounder for the guy. I think they rather keep him if they can’t get anything less than that.

Gotta be ****ting me.

Good thing they didn't overpay DeAndre Hopkins...lololol

If the cap drops $30M can teams have a negative cap and be forced to let guys go? Wierd situation for the players - a NFL Reduction-In-Force.
Yes, it can happen.

In practice, it won’t. There’s precedent. After the 2011 labor agreement came through, they crunched the numbers and the salary cap was supposed to be about 5-10 million less than the prior uncapped year’s unofficial salary cap was. The union negotiated with the owners so that the actual cap was virtually spot on with prior years, by borrowing against cap increases in future years.

The union would do the same thing here.

I think no-brainer, yes.

Any time you can get a first round pick for a second round pick, take it. The Saints could suck ass...stranger things have happened.

Supposing the Saints aren't as good as they think they'll be...each draft pick increase (say, going from #20 to #15 or #10 to #5) is such a huge deal and that one first round pick could be worth multiple first round picks with trade downs. That's why I think teams are so reluctant to part with them until they know which position they'll be drafting from.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft