PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Super Bowl Game Thread..Pats vs Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think this eagles defense is built for the pats to shred it. They play off their receivers, have a good dline and average secondary and are not good against the no huddle. Steong dlines dont scare me as much anymore.

Its teams with strong secondaries that do. The jags covered up pur guys well

Hopefully our defense can end their turnover drought

I guess ill pick up dog **** in the back yard...nothing else to do

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Looking forward to the Patriots starting fast for a change. Think it's important for the Pats to get a lead and then play some ball control/clock control. No doubt that is what Philly wants to do to the Patriots, keep that average D on the field and the ball out of Brady's hands. Think it's important for Brady and Company on that offense to control this game not just on the scoreboard but also time of possession.
The thing about pendulums is sooner or later they will swing back in the other direction. When you constantly rely on 4th quarter comebacks to win Super Bowls you are playing with fire. Let's get a lead and keep that lead.
GO PATRIOTS!!!!!

WE ARE IN THE SUPERBOWL AGAIN!!!! How amazing is that? So excited to get this game started, and hoping for a Pats win, GO PATS!!!

Yes. Pats fans blessed beyond believe that they can watch their team in this game every other SB in the last 16 years.
___

For the respected doom crowd here that have tough time going through first plays going opponents way . I wish they can take some of the TB mindset into the game:

“Football is not a game of perfect, football is a game of mental toughness.“

Last edited:
It was the same in Jacksonville in the 04 game. Eagles fans travel well.

My guess is that the Philly fans travel in numbers but not well.

I’m watching Lord of the Rings to make the time go by but it’s not working
I'll save LotR for if we lose. It always cheers me up a bit.

Players look focused and ready to rock

For those of you who are nervous please let this omen set your minds at ease.

Last night I had the Superbowl special combo at Tbones (Clam chowder and a Philly steak and cheese) and the clam chowder was easily the best part of the meal. Can mean only one thing...Pats in a landslide....

I was watching The Chew with the little woman during the week and EVERYONE chose the Philly cheese steak over the Chowder. Of course, the three guests were from BSPN.

They interviewed Pederson on NBC and he said "the pressure not on us" since "no one expected them" to be here.

That's such an absurd mindset. Of course the pressure's on you. It's the Super Bowl. If you lose......you just lost the Super Bowl.

NFL Network reporting that the Eagles are very confident, Fletcher Cox has a huge smile, and it's about 70/30 Eagles fans.

I still think this eagles defense is built for the pats to shred it. They play off their receivers, have a good dline and average secondary and are not good against the no huddle. Steong dlines dont scare me as much anymore.

Its teams with strong secondaries that do. The jags covered up pur guys well

Hopefully our defense can end their turnover drought

I tend to agree with your analysis. I think Minny would've been a preferable matchup in some regards, due to their relatively simple offensive scheme and overall not-as-good coaching staff, however they certainly have a better secondary than the Eagles, and I think their DL and LBs aren't far behind Philly's.

Basically, Minny would've been easier to handle offensively and coaching wise, but I think their defense, especially their secondary (they have some fantastic safeties) would have given us some issues. Philly can't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back