PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION OFFICIAL Super Bowl Bucs/Chiefs Game Thread

yeah, i kind of didn't look at denver as the favorite i guess in that one.....that one surprised me less, i guess
manning was always favorite. :). They wanted to anoint him the GOAT before the game.

Interesting to see what brady will do. Any chance he pulls a surprises and retires? I don’t see it. They will try and make another run next year.
I don't see it. He already said during the week that he believes the team will be even better next season.

this is a classic example of how it is a team game, not BB or brady . KC without its tackles and poor coaching by Andy, terrible defense is losing inspite of having a great QB.

Can they get off the mahomes bandwagon? Things will only get challenging for the chiefs to come.

I think he gets us 3-4 more wins. I think we get to the playoffs. Then we’d need some luck. And some clutch play. But in 2018 we also weren’t the best and got some clutch plays and some luck. So who knows. Just get to the playoffs. Have more swings at it.

The 2018 had some talent around Brady. Not all stars, but the Pats had a lot of good role players like Hogan, Grodon, Dorsett, and Paterson. Plus he had top talents in Edelman and Gronk (even if Gronk wasn't Gronk). There was no such talent on the 2020 team.

Dumb ass play going for the deep ball there instead of a quick screen or run for 1 yard...

So say we gave him the same contract. And he stayed. How do you think that would have turned out? Just curious.
And then what? Even if he's willing to come back at any price with no weapons? What is the path to contention with no weapons on offense outside of Harris and Meyers (who he didn't exactly click with)? Because of Bill's poor drafting on offense and other reasons it was just time for this relationship to end.

this is a classic example of how it is a team game, not BB or brady . KC without its tackles and poor coaching by Andy, terrible defense is losing inspite of having a great QB.
Brady was the difference though

I think he gets us 3-4 more wins. I think we get to the playoffs. Then we’d need some luck. And some clutch play. But in 2018 we also weren’t the best and got some clutch plays and some luck. So who knows. Just get to the playoffs. Have more swings at it.

Fair enough. I guess for me I agree Brady is worth a few more wins for sure. But a grumpy Brady getting tired of working with practice squad fodder as weapons might not have been. Things could have turned south. All hypothetical, of course.

Despite the outcome of this game, Mahomes may be the most talent player to ever play. He will probably never surpass Brady as the GOAT, but the man makes amazing how the **** did he just throw that type of passes all the time.

Once Mahomes signs his $500m deal, the playmakers on defense/offense will get replaced with scrubs

We need a Clown emoji. Lol

Time for Belichick to get to work tomorrow. Amazing Tom did it elsewhere

Just checking back into this thread. Is that KC fan still posting in this thread or did he go running with his tail between his legs?

Go get that toe fixed, Kermit.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back