PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Steelers vs. Pats POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The secondary really needed to be playing man to man today. It's just too bad we don't have anyone who can besides Arrington some what.. McCourty bless him plays well in a zone but is easily torched in man. Bad day all around for the Pats.

You're welcome to disagree all you want. History has proven your argument to be wrong.

How has history done so? He misses wide open receivers constantly when he is throwing the ball deep.

Randy Moss isn't the answer. The Pats don't need a deep threat when they have a defense that is going to allow for 15 points a game automatically. The offense needs to stay on the field with short patterns and a stronger running game, just like they have been able to do in the five wins this season.

We NEEEEED Moss back badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Either him or Owens...... this is embarrassing. No deep threats, only 8 yard passes. How is it possible to go 16-0 ****ting on records left and right, to a 50/50 pass/rush team!?!? Bill needs to be fired!!! Hate me all you want for saying it, but we've drafted **** for 5 years+ now...the defense hasn't been respectable since Teddy and Vrabel. Bill should go, the O coordinator should be killed, and please!!!!!!!!!!" Get back Randy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now with that being said.....Gronkowskis catch was a TD!.... thanks refs..... I also didn't realize punching the ball 30 yards was legal :/ again....ref, hang yourself! but regardless of the horrible officiating...... without a real #1 wideout( not 2 slot receivers)....we are doomed! Prepare for what happened today to happen a lot more! Randy! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! ............fire the whole coaching staff....and stuck up Kraft! And one more thing...... Chad got offered way more than they offered moss....I bet Mrs. KRAFT is rolling in her grave after seeing how amazing Chad has been! Goodluck with the remainder of the season my fellow patriots! Cause were about as good as the God damn jets as far as I'm concerned! Yours truly..... the man who should be new englands general manager!

Isn't it past your bed time?

I apologize if i misinterpreted your post. Its the anger/frustration getting to me. BUT, i never said that there was a quick fix. Thats part of what pisses me off. If they took care of this previously we could be on the right track by now. I believe its going to take at least a year or two to get this defense competetive AFTER bringing in a new philosophy and coordinator. This defense has bigger holes than Bibi Jones!

I think our line and LB are improving, but it doesn't matter if we can't cover. Rothlis getting open looks all over quickly is just physics. Not enough time to get there. In fact, I thought they did well under the circumstances.

Is Brady on the decline...Hmmm, I tend to think not. Is the talent around him that great...nope. If he had the same WR talent in 2007, there wouldn't be a discussion. If he had the Packers or Bills WR corp, this wouldn't be a discussion. You can only do so much that the people around you let you do. It doesn't help that there is people in your face against crazy pass rusher as there has been the past 3 games.

:welcome:
First night on the thread.

Pretty disappointed with the overall performance today. I understand that the Pats' defense is pretty terrible, but this "bend don't break" defense is killing us. Opponent tight ends will always be able to run their little under routes, picking our deep coverage apart yard by yard. There is no wonder why Big Ben was able to throw the ball 50+ times with consistent results.
:welcome:

i think we have to bend, we will break with what we have right now

Last edited:
this was 2004 all over again.. except we had a chance at the end.. .but Brady was not brady today.... he underthrew price and what does it say that price got more snaps than ocho... i love kevin faulk and deion branch but the facination of them today was over used today

The good news about the inevitable board meltdown after a loss: it gives me more time to get work done.

Heck, the week after SB42 was probably the most productive week I've ever had. :) :rolleyes: :(

lmao yes I know what you mean :agree:

How has history done so? He misses wide open receivers constantly when he is throwing the ball deep.

You're claiming that he's doing that. Again, history has shown otherwise.

Their offense gameplan man-handled us.
We got out-coached...out -prepped for this one.
Weak.

That doesn't change the fact that he has a terrible deep ball. He consistently under/over throws wide open receivers when he is throwing the ball deep.

I have to disagree. The pressure is what made it a poor throw. Give Brady the ability to step up a let it fly and there is nobody better. Steelers were often playing with 10 men on the line of scrimmage. How would that work against GreenBay?

This offense is not built to dink and donk down the field. Tom Brady is a big play QB..Why waste his ability???? This is a copy cat league, and teams are not going to let Welker kill them like before. You can thank the Jets for that. If the TE or Welker can't get open; the game is going to be a struggle!

Last edited:
The good news about the inevitable board meltdown after a loss: it gives me more time to get work done.

Heck, the week after SB42 was probably the most productive week I've ever had. :) :rolleyes: :(

That's not going to cut it (i.e. homers vs ....crap). This D won't hold up in the playoffs. And to think we have to minus Dowling & Bodden from that mess of a secondary.... I mean Adams & Molden???? Maybe, just maybe, at least as far as this secondary is concerned, the sky is falling?

Brady's deep ball is average. His miss on an open Price was costly. I am not afraid to say Brady's best is behind him. Makes sense being that he is 34. His best year IMO was 2007. He could have had well over 4 picks last year.

BB is a great coach but I think he needs to humble himself. We had no reason to onside kick.

I do not think by any means Brady's best years are behind him. I still think he has a good 2 years atleast in him. I feel sad that we are squandering away oppurtunites.

I agree, there was absolutley no reason to onside kick at that point.

Ninkovich f'n sucks. Please just relegate him to special teams duty. He should not be out there on defense that's for sure.

This offense is not built to dink and donk down the field. Tom Brady is a big play QB..Why waste his ability????

We run 2 tight end sets, this offense is built to dink and dunk.

We'll have to just agree to disagree, because the defense I saw was the worst I've seen from the Patriots in BB's tenure, and that includes blowouts I've witnessed during that time.

Agreed. If the defense can't get off the field and give the offense a chance then it's a defense that's not doing its job. Its nice that in the redzone we can make some stops but if a team consistently gets to put together 8 or 10 minute drives then field goals are probably enough. Granted our offense seems to have an aversion to longer sustained drives but they do need to get the ball occasionally.
This defense today was atrocious. We've mad some marginal QB's look pretty good. Today we saw what a good QB can do. Pittsburgh didn't need to put big points up, they controlled the entire game.

Another thing......Gronk's "non TD" didn't deserve slowing down the offense to allow for the coaches to get a look at it? We go into a no-huddle so that the TV crews keep the cameras on the field and don't replay one of the bigger plays of the game? Who called that bit of stupidity? It's not like we ran the play right away we still took a lot of valuable time off the clock.

Well, situationally we need to get better at time management. Thought that could have been better.

We never set the tone from the start.

Someone needs to grab us by the throat and wake us up. No intensity.

As absolutely pathetic as we played, we were in it.

Defense, I mean where is the light at the end of the tunnel. We are bad, real bad.

43 of the Steelers is a dirty player.

Very frusterating day as a fan, hope the guys have a good week of practice...

Clark told Peter King it was the most press coverage man to man they ever played in his 6 years with Pitt. Obviously they usually play zone etc. Harrison always says you cant play that vs Brady. Clark says they confused Brady and Welker. Sounds like what the Jets did in playoffs?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST