PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

*********Official Preseason Game Thread: Week 4 Patriots @ Giants******

Status
Not open for further replies.
It happed in the 2nd 1/2 to Roberts on the sideline play.

Receivers adjust to under thrown balls all the time. Great ones get them. Good ones fight for them. Dobson does neither with any regularity.

Receivers with good instincts make a better play than he did.
Not even close to the same situation

Why do people keep repeating the "Dobson was a 5th round prospect who was overdrafted" line? His stock varied from "expert" to "expert" but Mayock had him 60th overall. McShay and Kiper both had him as a 2nd or 3rd round prospect.

ESPN Draft Analyst Todd McShay Praises Marshall's Aaron Dobson on Twitter

In fact, McShay in his March mock draft, had the Pats taking Dobson in the 2nd.

I know people will jump on this and mock those guys and say how stupid they are, how wrong they are, how dumb McShay is, how ridiculous Kiper's hair is, how lame Mayock is etc. But the idea that Dobson was a 5th round prospect is absolutely false and disingenous. A 3rd round guy? Sure, I'll buy that. Overdrafted a little compared to his perceived value? Ok, maybe a little.

But it's not like he was Tavon Wilson, Duron Harmon or Jordan Richards - guys who were consensus later round (or undrafted) caliber candidates. A lot of people (not just the 3 "experts" I cited) liked Dobson as a top 75 pick.
It's true that Dropson was considered better than a 5th-round talent entering the draft; I thought that
his best value was anywhere after the early/mid 4th-round (where fellow bust Josh Boyce was taken).

But there is no way - No Feckin Way - that Dropson should've been drafted when Keenan Allen was still available. That's on Bill and the incompetent bozos who scout WRs for him.

Luckily there are other ways to acquire weapons. I don't think Brady has complained much about having the likes of:
- Branch
- Givens
- Faulk
- Moss
- Gronk
- Hern
- Edelman
- Welker
- Amendola

Excluding 2006, Brady hasn't had as bad of weapons as some make it out to be. And outside of Chad Jackson and Dobson, have the Pats really been that bad at blowing draft capital on WRs? It just hasn't really been a need. BB has found guys in other ways (trade, FA, TEs, in house development, etc.)

Hasn't really been a need? When Brady has had to throw jump balls to Matty feckin Slater in the 2011
AFCC in Foxborough, and in the 2013 AFCC in Denver?

Please, put down the kool-aid and step slowly away from the table.

Last edited:
Shocking that you would have a "Brady sucks" take :rolleyes:

Shocking that your small mind could come to that conclusion

Hasn't really been a need? When Brady has had to throw jump balls to Matty feckin Slater in the 2011 AFCC in Foxborough, and in the 2013 AFCC in Denver?

Please, put down the kool-aid and step slowly away from the table.
2011? When the Patriots had the best passing attack in the entire league? Yeah, Gronk, Hern, Welker, and Branch are 4 more reasons why BB has been so inept at surrounding Brady with receiving talent.

And 2013? Gronk, Edelman, Amendola, Vereen, etc are ****, too.

Yeah, if only BB had a crystal ball to know when his All-Pro TE would go down and that his other pro bowl TE would turn into Tony Montana in the offseason. The guy sucks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back