PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Preseason Game Day Thread- Pats @ Eagles

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Yeah I’m a bit concerned about that.

He mentioned on the 1st day of practices with the Eagles that he was wearing it for protection of his lead leg.
My BS detector pegged to the right side of the dial when I read his explanation... "Yeah just you know, trying out a leg brace in practice, ya know, seeing what it feels like to play in a leg brace, no no it's fine..."

I didn't know whether to read it as Bill trolling everybody and everything, or more likely, Bill telling him to figure out how to sell the brace in some Trolli way... I never heard of going through full practices in a leg brace to see how it feels.

Hey did Brady's shoulder every get better? I've been worrying about that since '02.

If cajuste plays well next week, I think he makes the team.

Bentley and Duggar are menaces in coverage.

please bb, no red shirt year for Stevenson.

Why did we sign Anderson?

barmore must play the run with better leverage.

Michael Jackson could make this team with a good game next week.

Pats had 31 first downs Thursday. Granted It was a pre season game but team record is 35 first downs... Even against second stringers, it is impressive.

Thought Joejuan Williams played well last night. Hoping he has turned the corner and can provide quality depth. I think he has a leg up on M. Jackson right now. I also like Mills better as an inside cb, and kind of a jack of all trades.
We have room for all three of Mills, Williams and Jackson.

PICK 2
Adams
Anderson
Bower
Cowart
Davis
Murray
Spence
Thurman
Anderson and Davis although anderson did not impress me during the preseason and I haven’t heard much about him from camp. He can play multiple positions though which makes him valuable

At the same time, it kind of isn’t ;)
True but to be that dominant,
* 6 scores in 8 drives ( should have been 7 if not for missed FG)
* over 4 pts per possession which is outstanding
* Only one punt all night
* 5/9 on third down
* They left 6 points out there ( missed FG, missed XP)
* More than half of the damage was done by a rookie QB who they had running shotgun, under center, 5 wide, and other formations......and one who looking very comfortable identifying the defense and adapting to it...
It shows a team that can run a ball control ( critics call it dink and dunk) offense up and down the field.
It requires a healthy gain on first down often converting on second down so you aren't in third and long (thanks Captain Obvious).
It was fun to watch especially when balls weren't being thrown into the ground 5 yards in front of the receivers.....

On the flip side, it was against second stringers and the Eagles are going to be lucky to be a 5 win team this year, even in that division.....

PICK 2
Adams
Anderson
Bower
Cowart
Davis
Murray
Spence
Thurman

I've been thinking Davis and Anderson make it for most of training camp. But Anderson is looking shaky to me right now, so my guess would be either Adams or Spence. I have a hard time seeing Bower, Cowart, Muray, or Thurman doing enough to make it at this point, but honestly I'm mostly guessing once you get down to depth DL.

Whats ridiculous is the notion that Mac is stepping in and the Pats are going to the post season.
Ron Borges 2001: "What's ridiculous is that Brady is stepping in and the Pats are going to the postseason."

You never know. :)

FYI: this quote is fake. But accurate. ;)

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back