PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Pregame Thread- Pats @ Jets

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Durant was expendable because the Queefs did the smart thing and drafted Trey Smith, who was therefore also available when Bill & the New Minions foolishly threw away their pick on UDFA-talent Billy Sherman.

Queefs not only keep the superior player (to both Durant & Sherman), they now receive our 7th-rounder next year as a reward for not trying to out-think everyone else.
Smith is good..BUT he’s a guard. Durant is an OT. We didn’t necessarily need a guard, as we have Onwenu, Mason & at that point had Thuney. Next, Smith suffers from blood clots in his lungs which resulted in him missing time during both his freshman & sophomore seasons. Even though he’s since been medically cleared, NE probably didn’t feel comfortable with the risk after dealing with similar situations with Andrews & Cannon.

I'll go with Scarnecchia over the Chiefs people, thanks very much. If you don't think Scar is blessing BB's OL picks, you're delusional.

Then Scar was wrong...though I still doubt that he had much if anything to do with the Sherman over Smith pick.

Smith is good..BUT he’s a guard. Durant is an OT. We didn’t necessarily need a guard, as we have Onwenu, Mason & at that point had Thuney. Next, Smith suffers from blood clots in his lungs which resulted in him missing time during both his freshman & sophomore seasons. Even though he’s since been medically cleared, NE probably didn’t feel comfortable with the risk after dealing with similar situations with Andrews & Cannon.

Smith did indeed play LG last year at Tennessee but he has Tackle measurables and started his career there at LT.

Really want to see this kid on the field.

Two things stand out to me in these tweets:

1) Gilmore is still very active in meetings with this team, which can only be a good thing for that whole situation.

2) You can safely say now that Mac Jones has a history of beating Cam Newton.

Then Scar was wrong...though I still doubt that he had much if anything to do with the Sherman over Smith pick.
Are you really pretending to know more about a 6th rd pick than scouts or Scarnecchia/BB?

Are you really pretending to know more about a 6th rd pick than scouts or Scarnecchia/BB?

Oh he's not pretending, he thinks he does.

He despised the Joe Thuney & Shaq Mason draft picks. Said Pats were fools for taking Thuney over Leraven Clark

Joe Thuney got a franchise tag and then a huge contract to help plug Mahomes swiss cheese OL. Clark is currently on the Eagles practice squad.

Yeah, we should have a huge advantage on the d-line this week!!! Expect Uche and Judon to make big plays

With Trent Brown likely out Sunday Durant will be getting the start at RT. I'm curious to see how he plays. He had a clean sheet vs. the Dolphins on 23 snaps with no pressures, hits, sacks or penalties. Did the Chiefs trade a 23 year old tackle that can play for a 7th round pick? Seems unlikely but crazier things have happened with developmental OL here.

I think Bedard made an interesting comment on this. He thought the best overall OL, talent wise, was Wynn, Karras, Andrews Mason, and Owenu. However for THIS Game, he felt the Pats SHOULD go with Wynn, Owenu, Andrews, Mason, and Durant for the following reasons.

1. He felt the strength of the Jets DL was in the middle, and the edge rushers weren't as much of threat. Karras, is OK, but relatively much smaller and not as strong as Owenu. He's also not as good a puller, and the Pats pulled their G's a lot this past game.

2. Continuity. Owenu has played the entire TC at LG, and while he might have been good last year when he played RT, moving him there now for just a game or two would disrupt the left side and Owenu's development at LG. Also playing RT with just 4 practices, makes his success problematical.

3. If Brown's absence was looked at as long term, then the Owenu move would make more sense. But it seems this will be short term, so it would be best to make the move that causes the least disruption

4. Surprisingly Durant graded out well in his abbreviated stint on the field. I think I read 18 snaps? or something like that.

That would be big time if brown is back. Too bad about KVN, but I’d be real happy if we had our OL

One is the starting RG of the defending conference champions while the regular starter mends his broken hand... and the other's on our practice squad after going unclaimed...

I’d hold Brown out and green light him next week, definitely need him vs Cam Jordan next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots