PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Pregame Thread- Pats @ Jets

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As well as LB BJ Goodson.

robert-downey-jr-iron-man.gif

All the money is on the Pats who opened @ - 3.5 favorites and now - 5.5.

Jets only had 45 yards rushing against the Panthers and Wilson was sacked 6 times. This could be one of those games where BB stats against rookie QB's are going to increase !
You can't expect similar results this week if only because the Jets played on the road last week and will be home this week. Also I'm sure it didn't help to lose Becton mid game. Though it will be a down grade from Bection, whoever replaces him will have a full week to prepare. I expect the Pats to put a lot of pressure on Wilson, but Wilson can run and Bill usually likes to rush runners up the middle and soft rush the outside hoping to funnel them into their rush. First rule on the edge this week do NOT get deeper than the QB

You can't expect similar results this week if only because the Jets played on the road last week and will be home this week. Also I'm sure it didn't help to lose Becton mid game. Though it will be a down grade from Bection, whoever replaces him will have a full week to prepare. I expect the Pats to put a lot of pressure on Wilson, but Wilson can run and Bill usually likes to rush runners up the middle and soft rush the outside hoping to funnel them into their rush. First rule on the edge this week do NOT get deeper than the QB
Fant played better than Becton. He came into camp out of shape more so than he already he is. He had red flags coming out of college which is why a lot of teams passed. I'd be stunned if he was even on BB's board.

Same crew that allowed Godwin to push off last week? LOL
Or somehow missed Lavonte David ripping his helmet off on the field. Goodell loves a great story and he's not off schedule so far this year.

Like father, like son. Football game? What football game? This is about MEEEEEEEEEEE!
Metrosexuals love to wear shirts too small and like to make it about them especially when watching themselves pump in front of a mirror at the gym.

The New Jersey Jete deserve your enmity. They epitomize sleaze, graft, greed, cheap commerciality and cynical opportunism as the most morally bankrupt organization in all of professional sports. From abjectly soulless ownership through a player roster routinely populated by criminal pervs down to their toilet-dwelling fan base, the Jete are suckage personified. Hell, even their parking lot attendants suck. Pray for their well-earned humiliation on Sunday. Amen.

What’s more concerning is the amount of hits he was taking with that conservative playcalling.

I'm not sure I agree with being concerned about QB hits at this point. The Dolphins blitzed on literally half the plays in that game. Often times the hits looked like a free rusher, not a poor block 1-on-1.

I'm sure there is room for OL improvement, but considering they played without their very good, starting RT for essentially the entire game and Miami blitzed half the game, I'm not ready to say that the number of QB hits is a reason for concern at this point.

The Jets line was a disaster last game, though it improved when Becton went out.

I‘m concerned about this game, just I predicted a very long game for the defense last year against the 49ers and Rams. Little Brother McFleur runs this same system that Shanahan (Mike and Kyle), and McVeigh run. Historically it has always given BB fits.

That said, the Patriots had weak linebackers last year which made it worse, and this is the Jets we’re talking about. But if the Jets establish some success in the trenches and rip off a few of those outside cut and runs, Wilson showed last week he’s a very capable passer, and the Patriots secondary is shaky.

I’m going against the grain and think both teams will score more than it would seem based on week one. The Jets big play ability is something to worry about with their scheme and with the Patriots lacking their normal secondary dominance.

I like a 27-23 Patriots win, but I’m not loving where the Patriots are right now defensively. A decent QB would have made them pay last Sunday.

Last edited:
Some Jets news ahead of this week's game:

I think this is bills revenge game for last week. I feel we are going to destroy the jets. Mac Jones will have another good game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye