PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Pregame Thread Bills @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic news on bourne, passing offense is now as close to full strength as you can ask at this point. Rushing offense rides on how healthy and effective harris is on that leg. If he can even handle 10-15 times thats great. Id like to see alot of playaction if buffalo still has that 40+ carry performance in their heads.

Once again.

The group you had as the 60s-to-70s catch % were 1 TE and 3 Slot WRs.

The group you had as the 50s catch % were 4 outside threat WRs. Even the legendary Moss was sub-60% catch %.

If you can't see the pattern and the obvious reasons for the delta between those two groups' catch %, I can't help you.

I do agree with you about Wilkinson. I am very excited to see this kid on the field tomorrow. I think he may be a very nice jolt of energy.

I used a cursory example of how the Patriots value reliable WRs. The Pats offense has virtually always been structured towards the short pass. The exception to that rule was when Moss was in NE where the Pats threw deep via no huddle to the tune of 50 passing TDs.

Its not my job to explain to you that the Pats have not been a team that relies on deep threat WRs.

This whole thing about Agholor is ridiculous. Belichick does not expend valuable defensive resource's to cover KC Chiefs Pringle because he is running deep routes. The Pats defense locks down Kelce and Hill.

Again with the strawman- no one is saying Agholor is a “replacement” for Randy moss, or that he is a hall of famer… Come on… We are showing that you cannot just take stats such as catch % to grade a player without context (such as their role).

The fact that he runs deep routes IS a big deal when you’re out here trying to use catch % as a stand-alone stat to evaluate players lol

No one is saying Mac is “doomed” or that Agholor is going to get more than 5-8 targets (seriously where did that come from????)
Agholor is a guy who provides some value. The passing game can be just fine without him. Evaluating him as a drops guy because he had ONE this season that sticks in your mind is dumb. That’s all there is to it. Stop building up fake arguments you want people to be making so you can be right.
I am typing slower so you can follow along.

The first person that I responded to stated that "Mac's in big trouble Sunday without Agolhor and Bourne, big!' Go back and look for yourself genius.

Your foolish Agholor argument has grown tiresome.

I used a cursory example of how the Patriots value reliable WRs. The Pats offense has virtually always been structured towards the short pass. The exception to that rule was when Moss was in NE where the Pats threw deep via no huddle to the tune of 50 passing TDs.

Its not my job to explain to you that the Pats have not been a team that relies on deep threat WRs.

This whole thing about Agholor is ridiculous. Belichick does not expend valuable defensive resource's to cover KC Chiefs Pringle because he is running deep routes. The Pats defense locks down Kelce and Hill.

This is some of the best unintentional comedy I've read in some time.

You LITERALLY posted in #381:

"Catch rate is everything for a NE WR or TE.
The best that there ever was all were in the 66% range for their NE careers and exactly where the Patriots like to be on offense.
Gronk 65.6 %
Brown 65.8 %
Edelman 65.9 %
Welker 72.6 %
Agholor has a history of drops. Other people here have made reference to it. He will go the way of these 3 in their final seasons in NE if it continues.
Sanu 55 %
Gordon 55 %
Dorsett 53 %"

.......and now you're called on that and you start tap-dancing the goalposts to an entirely different field once someone pointed out that Moss was 59%???????? Evidently you cannot discern the difference between a TE/Slot and an outside WR and believe the catch % criteria is apple to apples.

Be honest. It is what it is. You made a wrong turn. We all do at some point. It's the human condition.

Last edited:
I am typing slower so you can follow along.

The first person that I responded to stated that "Mac's in big trouble Sunday without Agolhor and Bourne, big!' Go back and look for yourself genius.

Your foolish Agholor argument has grown tiresome.
Where I came into the debate was you saying Agholor has a drops problem for us. That’s what I’ve been debating the whole time. Not sure why you’d still be debating the person before me when it’s been you and I discussing a separate point (and for that topic, I don’t think your points/evidence have been valid).
But I honestly hadn’t seen the previous guy’s statement that Mac would be in big trouble without Agholor. I disagree with that, too, so I was wrong when I said “no one” is claiming that. I’ll change that statement to say that I am not claiming that.

The best that there ever was all were in the 66% range for their NE careers and exactly where the Patriots like to be on offense.”
Be honest. You made a wrong turn. We all do at some point. It's the human condition.
Basically this. I was discussing Agholor’s alleged drops issue and the idea of using catch % to measure it.

This is some of the best unintentional comedy I've read in some time.

The best that there ever was all were in the 66% range for their NE careers and exactly where the Patriots like to be on offense.
Gronk 65.6 %
Brown 65.8 %
Edelman 65.9 %
Welker 72.6 %
Agholor has a history of drops. Other people here have made reference to it. He will go the way of these 3 in their final seasons in NE if it continues.
Sanu 55 %
Gordon 55 %
Dorsett 53 %"

.......and now you're called on that and you start tap-dancing the goalposts to an entirely different field once someone pointed out that Moss was 59%???????? Evidently you cannot discern the difference between a TE/Slot and an outside WR and believe the catch % criteria is apple to apples.

Be honest. It is what it is. You made a wrong turn. We all do at some point. It's the human condition.
He’s been confusing catch rate with drops for years. He does not understand different routes have different catch rates.

He’s been confusing catch rate with drops for years. He does not understand different routes have different catch rates.
Actually, catch rate is EVERYTHING for patriots WRs ;)

Catch rate is everything for prostitutes. Some things you catch will take you off the street corner real fast.

Not sure about Patriots WR's though. Many other things more important.

That’s what I said, “playing majority of the game in 12 or 21”
So you figure the offense will be rush heavy? :haha:
Rush_2112.jpg
paul rudd rush GIF

So at least Bourne, Meyers and Harry are a go tomorrow?
Looks so and so we are near to be at full strenght compared to the pessimistic view of days ago
Good
At the end looks only Agholor out

Thank God Bourne is Fauci pilled.

Fawk the Bills and especially McDermott.

the Patriots activated linebacker Josh Uche off injured reserve and elevated defensive tackle Daniel Ekuale, wide receiver Kristian Wilkerson and defensive back D’Angelo Ross from the practice squad.
Ozigbo not elevated. Good sign for Harris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes