PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Pregame Thread Bills @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect NE still wants to run. Kinda surprised they didn’t elevate the RB. A hammy is tricky & I don’t want to run close to 40 times w JJ & Bolden !

So you ARE trying to say blocked punts by the punting team mean the punt return unit is bad.
Can you give examples of bad punt return coaching?
How did the coach make Jakob Johnson miss his block? Did he coach him a different way of blocking that caused him
to screw up?
How did we end up with better punt return avg than punt return allowed? Kick returner vs kick return allowed? Better FG % than opponent? In fact, it’s shocking that 3 blocked punts indicated very special team is bad when every other special team for stat is better than the against. Do they have soearste coaches?
Which argument do you want to make?

1. punt returns have been great
2. Punt returns have been not so great therefore Gunner has regressed

I’ll wait

KB can play, thats great news. I think the offense will be able to move the ball now. Keep Harris upright, give Taylor a couple of reps. Hopefully the defense can play real big tommorow and slow down the Bills offense!

I suspect NE still wants to run. Kinda surprised they didn’t elevate the RB. A hammy is tricky & I don’t want to run close to 40 times w JJ & Bolden !
Nobody wants to see that, including Bill. And he has seen the trainer and watched Harris run every day. Good sign.

Nobody wants to see that, including Bill. And he has seen the trainer and watched Harris run every day. Good sign.
I mean. Yes ? I hope ? But BB has a weird approach to RBs. He’s trotted out guys like Bolden and the Law firm and Jonas G and hasn’t batted an eyelash.

I mean. Yes ? I hope ? But BB has a weird approach to RBs. He’s trotted out guys like Bolden and the Law firm and Jonas G and hasn’t batted an eyelash.
0FF512C1-195A-4578-8525-D193BED3DE88.jpeg
In Bill WeTrust

Which argument do you want to make?

1. punt returns have been great
2. Punt returns have been not so great therefore Gunner has regressed

I’ll wait
I haven’t made either.
I have not been impressed with Gunners okay as a punt returner this year. Statistically he has been ok, but his decisions, and fumbling have not been good.
I do not excuse that because the punting unit allowed 3 blocked punts.
I mean we can choose to either look at the actual play if the player (which I am doing) or make a bunch of vague and largely unrelated assumptions (which you are doing).

Big game. Really want a win.

Taylor is active, and has not been. When Stevenson has been active Taylor has not. All spots are full.
Why would you feel better running more with the 4th team guy than the 1,2 and 3?

Glad to see Uche return even though he’s been a big disappointment. Hope he can turn it around.

IMO, Taylor really has not been given a fair shot.

Too many times the Pats run him up the middle through the A gaps for zilch. Id like to see him out in space where he can use his size and shifty style to make defenders miss.

Taylor is active, and has not been. When Stevenson has been active Taylor has not. All spots are full.
Why would you feel better running more with the 4th team guy than the 1,2 and 3?
I would have suggested all 4 be active due to Harris’ hammy. If he falls mid game it gives them 3 backs.

The game tomorrow is the difference between the 2 seed and 6 seed.
Temporarily. Ultimately, I think it’s the difference between making the playoffs for sure vs being in a dog fight with a dreaded trip to Miami to overcome.

Temporarily. Ultimately, I think it’s the difference between making the playoffs for sure vs being in a dog fight with a dreaded trip to Miami to overcome.

Also the Bills can totally choke a game either next week or the week after. But still.

The way the Colts and Miami are playing right now the loser of our game may be out of the playoffs all together.
« May ». True. But I for one am not a fan of Miami’s play. Having said that : the trip South is always a fiasco - even in the before times…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back