PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Pregame Thread Bills @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not saying that. I am saying that the Special Teams haven't been sharp in general.
Just saying special teams “in general” isn’t a valid excuse for the punt return unit, because the other units do not impact it. It’s like excusing the LG for missing a block by saying the whole team wasn’t good.

He has a 59% catch rate. Lowest of all receiving options except for Gunner.

In regards to drops, look at the gamelogs from the link that I posted.

Do tell.

Defenses are not taking 2 players to double Agohlor. The Patriots have always been a passing team that takes what the defense gives up. So, Agohlor draws a single defender and the Pats hit the zone that Agohlor clears out. The same way its been done for the last 20 years.
As others pointed out, catch rate isn’t good enough to compare to drops, especially for a guy in a different role.
Average depth of target (yards):
Agholor: 14
Bourne: 8.9
Jakobi: 9.7
Henry: 9.1
Jonnu: 5.1

I agree defense are not always bracketing Agholor with a safety over the top like he’s tyreek, but I do think they respect his deep threat, give him a cushion, etc.

Here is an example of him drawing a deep safety (along with his own man):

I think every year it was always the possibility that this would be his breakout season but this season is actually a downer for gunner and it's his 3rd year in the league . So with no potential why keep his spot, better to go with someone who has more potential .
This year is a downer? How do you figure? He's still one of the best in the league at punt returns. He's also being doing double duty with Kick returns. You do realize it took Edelman 5 years to become effective at receiver, right? To say that Gunner has no potential is a joke..

Buffalo added WR G Davis to the coof list but of course Sanders is going to play vs the Pats

pats d with the advantage sunday

pats d with the advantage sunday

This is big since Davis had a big game last week (5 catches, 85 yards, and 2 TDs) and was expected this week to take up a lot of the slack from Beasely being out.

Davis is a massive loss for the Bills.

Cody Ford- meh. Isn’t he a backup?

Last edited:
Covid has ruined and continues to ruin this season.

Buffalo added WR G Davis to the coof list but of course Sanders is going to play vs the Pats
Why,"of course"? Sanders is almost 35yo. He not even close to the player he used to be plus hes dinged up

Sanders hasn't been great this year and how close to 100% can he be after spraining his knee two weeks ago. If I was the Bills, I would rather have Davis than Sanders Sunday.

Why,"of course"? Sanders is almost 35yo. He not even close to the player he used to be plus hes dinged up

He started the year pretty well. But in the last few months, he is a basically a 2-3 catch a game type of receiver. Definitely not what you want from your #2 WR.

i would expect Allen to do a lot more running than he did against us. Need to defend that roll out to the right.
Let him. I'd rather have him run on that injured foot than throw.

The Bills are in playoff jeopardy if they lose this one. Sanders playing is no surprise no matter what. All hands on deck.

i would expect Allen to do a lot more running than he did against us. Need to defend that roll out to the right.

Maybe. Is his foot healed from two weeks ago? He didn't move all that great last week. Luckily he didn't have to playing the Panthers.

Don't forget that 3/5 of the Bills' starting o-line are now on the COVID list. Both guards and LT. Although Dawkins and Feliciano could come off since Dawkins has been on for seven days and Feliciano has been on for five days.

Last edited:
I wonder if Dion Dawkins is also unvaccinated since he had COVID in August which landed him in the hospital for four days and now he has it again in December. I would assume between having it before in August and a COVID vaccine, it would be near impossible for him to get it this quickly. If he is also unvaccinated, his ten days ends on Monday and he will miss the game.

And I just saw that Feliciano went to the emergency room from his bout of COVID this past weekend. So I tend to doubt he will be able to play on Sunday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents