PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pre- Game Thread- Bucs @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Bryant is the best answer we got? Man I got bad feeling about that.
You expect a better player to call up from the practice squad?
To expand that a bit, you want a guy who can’t make any teams 53 man roster to be “the answer” to your #1 corner being injured because he is called up for the last spot on the roster?
That has literally never happened and never will.

Jets back in the lead!

And Bryant is the best answer we got? Man I got bad feeling about that.
Its not ideal. JJones would be the best cb on the Pats but you dont move arguably the best slot cb in the nfl to the outside and therefore weaken 2 positions.

Hes questionable and so is JCJackson. Will be tough if both of em are out
Dunno if it’s about covering injured guys. I just think it means they want to use a lot of DBs. Guessing they’ll be playing “small ball” on defense and daring Brady to hand it off. He won’t want to obviously.

That’s on you then, he literally made the All Decade Team.

Yes, but have you looked at the resumes of players like Ed Too Tall Jones, LC Greenwood, Joe Klecko, Mark Gasteneau, Richard Seymour, or Jim Marshall. None of those guys are in the Hall. I don't look at Chandler Jones as the best of his generation at DE.

Too Tall Jomes: 106 career sacks in 224 games, 19 Fumble recoveries, 3 interceptons
LC Greenwood: 78 career sacks in 127 games, 14 fumble recoveries
Joe Klecko, Sr: 78 career sacks in 155 career games, 9 fumble recoveries
Mark Gastineau : 107.5 career sacks in 137 games, 9 fumble recoveries

Chandler Jones: 102 career sacks in 127 games, 10 fumble recoveries, 1 interception.

Sorry, Rob. But if you're going to claim that the guys you mentioned deserve to be in, then the numbers actually support Vector. Jones numbers

He needs 5 more sacks to surpass Gastineau. He's likely to do that.

Meanwhile the team that just whipped the Pats in last week’s Toilet Bowl just lost to the Giants at home.

Too Tall Jomes: 106 career sacks in 224 games, 19 Fumble recoveries, 3 interceptons
LC Greenwood: 78 career sacks in 127 games, 14 fumble recoveries
Joe Klecko, Sr: 78 career sacks in 155 career games, 9 fumble recoveries
Mark Gastineau : 107.5 career sacks in 137 games, 9 fumble recoveries

Chandler Jones: 102 career sacks in 127 games, 10 fumble recoveries, 1 interception.

Sorry, Rob. But if you're going to claim that the guys you mentioned deserve to be in, then the numbers actually support Vector. Jones numbers

He needs 5 more sacks to surpass Gastineau. He's likely to do that.

But that is my point. These guys deserve to be in and aren't. Who knows how many sacks Greenwood will have? And Jones will likely have to play 2-4 more seasons to catch Klecko if he does at considering Jones is 31. Based on these numbers, Jones is definitely not a first ballot HOFer and he is borderline a HOF at all.

But I am done arguing Chandler Jones in a Patriots pregame thread.

Meanwhile the team that just whipped the Pats in last week’s Toilet Bowl just lost to the Giants at home.
That's a bad team.

I know they beat the Patriots.

But they've got zero threats sans Kamara.

Alright...the win tonight...

Who wants it more? Belichick or Brady?

Jets win. Lol Vrabel.

Going to lock thread as the GDT is now up...probably the longest pre game thread ever!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes