PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pre- Game Thread- Bucs @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
The line can't be high enough IMO.

Going to be a rough one sunday…………Offensive line is in major trouble, cant stop the run with the defense, Brady will eventually feast on them….tough one for sure.

Not even sure I can watch it.

Richard Sherman signing with Bucs just before game with us…..ugh…..I’m sure he still has some stuff left…..this will be a very ugly game for Pats and Jones unfortunately

Sounds like Arians is confused. I am pretty sure Brown has to test negative to come back, the 10 day rule is for unvaccinated players and the Bucs are supposedly 100% vaccinated.

Richard Sherman signing with Bucs just before game with us…..ugh…..I’m sure he still has some stuff left…..this will be a very ugly game for Pats and Jones unfortunately
Mac Jones is about to get one of those 'Welcome to the NFL Rookie!" type of games.

Our offense struggled enough against the likes of the Saints. Imagine what Sherman and the Bucs are gonna do to Mac!

OOF. Get your paper bag hats ready, cos this is gonna be a whupping!! OUCH.

The only question to ask, will there be Vaseline or not?

That doesn't sound true at all.

Sounds like Arians is confused. I am pretty sure Brown has to test negative to come back, the 10 day rule is for unvaccinated players and the Bucs are supposedly 100% vaccinated.

I said those exact words on here and got ran. lol, I mean they laid into me for saying that. We were talking about if he would play Sunday and I said, yeah his status will be up, and the fire breathing came out. Vaccinated users have two options to get back. Test negative two times with no symptoms within 5 days or after 10 days.

I think the game plan has to be:

1. Hope to god you can protect Mac and give him a clean pocket
  2. Focus on the pass instead of the run this week
  3. Pressure Brady constantly without too many outright blitzes
  4. Let JC shadow someone 1-on-1 when you can and do your best with doubling who you can elsewhere
If the Pats end up competitive in this game it'll be because guys like Judon and Uche have a huge night.

I get #2's rationale because Tampa is perceived weak in passD. But their front7 could kill Mac if we aren't careful with bad pass protection and insufficient # blockers. My only tweak would be make #2 about killing clock as much as possible. Basically run or pass but keep getting 1st downs and moving the chains, kill the clock and keep Tampa's offense with as few snaps as possible. Make this the shortest duration game of the season in terms of start and end time.

Our offense struggled enough against the likes of the Saints. Imagine what Sherman and the Bucs are gonna do to Mac!

Richard Sherman and the Bucs have both said he is not playing this Sunday.

Some context on how the decline at the offensive skill positions forced Brady to look elsewhere. The decision to let these positions decline were strange to say the least.

Cook as the versatile deep threat would have been WR1. Cook had already shown that he is a top 15 WR1 on the same level of Mike Evans. They let him walk and kept Dorsett who was really a WR4 in the Scottie Miller mold. So no WR1.

Amendola was a good compliment to Edelman. A WR2B to Edelman's 2A. No reason to let him walk as he was affordable. Hogan was a good Wr3 but he wasn't a replacement for Amendola/Edelman.

No TE help for Gronk as he was being overused and beat up. Especially being double teamed and facing the best defenders. They kept on bringing in scrubs.

Then the drafts were just odd. Backup Sony Michel over his teammate starter Nick Chubb? NKEAL Harry- his film and draft analysis reviews were awful for a 1st rounder. The analysis that he couldn't separate was spot on, thus, highlight reels of jump balls against collegiate players. Even if he could win jump balls against NFL players, how often does Brady throw jump balls? 1 per game on average. Nkeal was not the right fit for Brady and possibly any other QB for that matter.
Aaron DROPson drafted over route running wizard Keenan Allen. I still laugh at that one

how could we forget trading up in the second round 2019 to draft NOJuan Williams when a prime Terrell Owens clone in DK Metcalf was sitting there and a legit 4.2 speed demon with great hands terry Mclaurin was sitting there. With all our redzone and speed issues.

letting Joe Thuney walk when he was the heart and soul of this o line

Drafting ASSiasi and string bean Keene over better Tes, then after they bust..we spend $60 million on Hunter Henry and JonWHO Smith

I guarantee that we will win this game. If we lose, I will not post for a year.

I didnt think Michael Irvin would be the one sounding rational :). "Stop criticizing the process of how he did it if the results justify to produce the greatest dynasty in 20yrs"

Drafting ASSiasi and string bean Keene over better Tes, then after they bust..we spend $60 million on Hunter Henry and JonWHO Smith

Please tell us about all of the TEs who were drafted after Asiasi and Keene who have taken the league by storm. We’ll wait.

Nobody in that draft class is a top 20 tight end and the 2019 has been almost as bad, after the first round guys.

Captain Stone’s mocking nicknames are bad but at least he was the originator. Stop trying to ride his coattails. We are laughing at you, not with you.

Please tell us about all of the TEs who were drafted after Asiasi and Keene who have taken the league by storm. We’ll wait.

Nobody in that draft class is a top 20 tight end and the 2019 has been almost as bad, after the first round guys.

Captain Stone’s mocking nicknames are bad but at least he was the originator. Stop trying to ride his coattails. We are laughing at you, not with you.
Harris Bryant. John Mackey Award winner! He’s a very good talent with a bad QB in Baker and bad coaching. He was much better in college than Keene! Lol

Adam Trautman another guy won conference player of the year 14 touchdowns in 1 season! We drafted two guys who barely produced in college lol

2019? you mean the year we took Sony over his teammate Nick Chubb and Harry over Deebo, AJ Brown, Diontae Johnson, DK Metcalf, and Terry Mclaurin

I didnt think Michael Irvin would be the one sounding rational :). "Stop criticizing the process of how he did it if the results justify to produce the greatest dynasty in 20yrs"

Wow! Good Lord! :oops:

Michael "Machiavelli" Irvin. Lol

I said those exact words on here and got ran. lol, I mean they laid into me for saying that. We were talking about if he would play Sunday and I said, yeah his status will be up, and the fire breathing came out. Vaccinated users have two options to get back. Test negative two times with no symptoms within 5 days or after 10 days.
I believe that is incorrect. The no symptoms/10 day rule is for unvaccinated players. That condition is not present in the return options for vaccinated players if my memory is accurate. They must test negative.

from a quick Google:
Here is the NFL's COVID protocol for vaccinated players, according to the NFL:

• Vaccinated individuals who test positive and are asymptomatic will be isolated and contact tracing will promptly occur.
  • The positive individual will be permitted to return to duty after two negative tests at least 24-hours apart.
  • After that, they will be tested every week or as directed by the medical staffs.
  • Vaccinated individuals will not be subject to quarantine as a result of close contact with an infected person.
Compare that to the rules for unvaccinated:

The NFL's COVID protocols are stricter than those for vaccinated players. They are as follows, per the NFL:

• If an unvaccinated person tests positive, the protocols from 2020 will remain in effect. The person will be isolated for a period of 10 days and will then be permitted to return to duty if asymptomatic.
  • Unvaccinated individuals will continue to be subject to a five-day quarantine period if they have close contact with an infected individual.

As can be seen here, the 10 day rule is part of the unvaccinated player rule set, not the vaccinated. Now, you could argue “if an unvaccinated player can come back after 10 days then why in the world couldn’t a vaccinated player?” From a purely logical standpoint, it’s a valid question and I don’t personally know why they couldn’t. However, if we’re talking about the actual policy, based on the above, a vaccinated player MUST ADHERE TO the negative testing requirement and is not afforded any such 10 day return.

Last edited:
I believe that is incorrect. The no symptoms/10 day rule is for unvaccinated players. That condition is not present in the return options for vaccinated players if my memory is accurate. They must test negative.

from a quick Google:

Compare that to the rules for unvaccinated:

As can be seen here, the 10 day rule is part of the unvaccinated player rule set, not the vaccinated. Now, you could argue “if an unvaccinated player can come back after 10 days then why in the world couldn’t a vaccinated player?” From a purely logical standpoint, it’s a valid question and I don’t personally know why they couldn’t. However, if we’re talking about the actual policy, based on the above, a vaccinated player MUST ADHERE TO the negative testing requirement and is not afforded any such 10 day return.
1632939940170.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes