PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Official PostGame Thread - 2023 Week 7 - Patriots Win 29-25

Immediate Postgame Reactions
It looked like BOB made sure Mac made those the first reads today and to throw it if it was there.

I like this version of Mac where he gets rid of the ball quickly and not try to do too much.

Agreed. This plays to Mac's strengths. There was a lot of motion today. Mac threw the WR screens well last game. Mac is expanding. I am sure the coaching staff showed Mac the middle of the field throws he was missing, but that situation lasted 6 games, so why did Mac "click" in game 7? It is a maturity issue. Now we get to see if he can take that maturity to Miami. His QB rating was over 125, so that is a great game, not a good game. I think we will see more of the quick game, and hopefully RPOs.

I wonder how the the twin douchebags on local radio (Felger and Adam Jones, especially) will react to this. They already had BB traded for a 6th round pick and Mac replaced by Caleb Williams.

He would have fit right in during any of the dynasty years.
Peppers was a huge stud in high school. Led his team to a state title in the very tough top New Jersey classification. Has seemed to suffer with uncertainty as to his best position after that, but is finally blossoming. He is a winner

Agreed. This plays to Mac's strengths. There was a lot of motion today. Mac threw the WR screens well last game. Mac is expanding. I am sure the coaching staff showed Mac the middle of the field throws he was missing, but that situation lasted 6 games, so why did Mac "click" in game 7? It is a maturity issue. Now we get to see if he can take that maturity to Miami. His QB rating was over 125, so that is a great game, not a good game. I think we will see more of the quick game, and hopefully RPOs.
It’s all about the OL and even more so with Mac Jones.
If this OL Brown,Strange, Andrews, Sow, Onwenu stays healthy and gets cohesion the offense will look a lot more like today and a lot less like the first 6 games.
The impact is exponential. The list plays because of OL break downs eliminate the opportunity to get into situations to dictate to a defense.
Look at Mahomes in the Sb vs Tampa. 9 points, no TDs. If his OL played like that all season they would have been of the worst offense not one of the best, with all the same skill players.

I’m so petty I never forgave Rodney for telling Tom to “take off the skirt” before looking to his new media colleagues for an attaboy like, “am I doing this right?”
If I remember correctly, I thought it wasn’t meant as a slight. Didn’t Brady say nothing was meant by it? That was a few years ago …

So what do all the Strange haters think now?
It was immediately MUCH better in the inside rush with him instead of Mafi.
And Sow faired pretty well. I wonder if Onwenu is okay moving to RT full time?
Just hoping for continuity !! But that could be the right recipe…

I was driving so had to listen to the game on radio. Was very sorry I was unable to watch the GDT during the fourth quarter. Did we lose any of the usual gang to terminal whiplash as things went back and forth?

also heard that the Trent Brown haters got their hearts’ desire when he had to be replaced at LT. But couldn’t tell how high Lowe set the bar there. Will hI’m replacing Trent be the OL savior folks have been looking for?

I was a Pat Fan today.

Well done guys!
So comfortable with all your last place finishes you got worried you might not get there again? It’s ok, you own the basement.

I was driving so had to listen to the game on radio. Was very sorry I was unable to watch the GDT during the fourth quarter. Did we lose any of the usual gang to terminal whiplash as things went back and forth?

also heard that the Trent Brown haters got their hearts’ desire when he had to be replaced at LT. But couldn’t tell how high Lowe set the bar there. Will hI’m replacing Trent be the OL savior folks have been looking for?
Brown was injured which apparently you are celebrating.

It’s all about the OL and even more so with Mac Jones.
If this OL Brown,Strange, Andrews, Sow, Onwenu stays healthy and gets cohesion the offense will look a lot more like today and a lot less like the first 6 games.
The impact is exponential. The list plays because of OL break downs eliminate the opportunity to get into situations to dictate to a defense.
Look at Mahomes in the Sb vs Tampa. 9 points, no TDs. If his OL played like that all season they would have been of the worst offense not one of the best, with all the same skill players.

Could be. We will see. Mahomes SB OL was a lot worse than the Pats OL for the first 6 games. I think it is all in Mac's head, and if the OL improvement fixes Mac's head, then I am all for it.

No doubt. And from day one he showed flashes that he would become who he was. But he “walked” into becoming the greatest, those teams played as a team. Brady wasn’t the goat until he was around for at least ten years. Two things Brady did that I’ve never seen anyone do was absolutely not give the ball away, and the second which was more impressive was how he gave his body up on sacks. Not resisting, avoided injuries. Mentally toughest qb ever no doubt. I’m sure that was one of the biggest qualities his team mates followed

Brady didn't learn to do this until after the ACL tear against KC. He said as much. It was then that he made it a point to learn how to "roll with the punches" as they say.. He stated that he went out of his way to learn the art of falling... So that he could not tense up and not get injured as much..

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back