PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Vikings beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pass rush wasn't active today, the front looked a bit slow, typical of Thursday night games. As u stated JJ is a baller! MAC looked excellent in the pocket, pin point accuracy, signs of a real offense. Defense made plays early on where we could've really put pressure on Minnesota, however it's an NFC loss , still feel like Buffalo is the best offense in the league, Allen will rush for 89 yards is my prediction next week.

I don't think we'll make the playoffs, we really have no answer for diggs, chase or Higgins, I really thought having alot of safeties would benefit us, hard to to get down on the defense they have been great all season! - but if offense can continue to play like this we are in good position going forward.
Thought our run defense was good. Judon was Mia......defense overall was disappointing and the refs were really bad.

Even before that shot while still on his feet he held the ball well over the goal line.
Yep that too.

My point is the NFL says the ball hit the ground which by rule can cause in incompletion.

The hand was clearly under the ball.

Based on that interpretation by their logic, that is a TD.

They royally f-ed up.

4 points make a world of difference in a game like this and it just seemed to change the complexion of the game. This and the Strong running into the kicker were the two big plays in my opinion. Also, the kickoff return for a td, which the refs missed an obvious hold on Dugger was huge!!!!! Forgive me if I seem like I'm whining, but I still can' t get over how poorly the game was officiated.

Yep that too.

My point is the NFL says the ball hit the ground which by rule can cause in incompletion.

They royally f-ed up.
They basically call NY to get the ruling. I never believed it was a controlled product until that play.

Yep that too.

They royally f-ed up.
"Surviving the ground" hasn't been a rule for four years. And they used that as the basis for overturning it.

Total screw job.

"Surviving the ground" hasn't been a rule for four years. And they used that as the basis for overturning it.

Total screw job.
Their argument seems to be that even if he had control of the ball when it touched the ground, if he lost it later it's an incomplete. That's absurd.

You act like criticizing the 29th ranked QB in the league is somehow unfounded. Mac had a really nice breakout game last night. I'm hoping he can build on that.

His pocket presence up until last night was woeful. He def put some things together, moved well in the pocket and made decisive throws. In the end some of his team mates let him down and he made a few mistakes. But overall I though this was the best game of his career so far.

Still having red zone issues, even though that catch by HH was stolen by the refs. Even if that had stood 1 out of 3 isn't good enough.

Keep beating that anti-Mac drum to the bitter end. Mac didn't suddenly find pocket presence/decisiveness last night, he was given pockets to work from and showed what he can do with adequate protection. Just like last year.

Yeah that was an awful call, but the defense and especially special teams -- the strength of the team up to now -- sh*t the bed. Defense fell apart late last year and late in 2019 as well.

Only good thing that it looks like Mac is back. Get him a decent OL and a true #1 WR and if he plays like today he'll be top 5.

“top 5”?

top…FIVE?!?!?

Stop it… Just. Stop. It.

They basically call NY to get the ruling. I never believed it was a controlled product until that play.
I mean, we lost. Pierre f-ed up on the RIK and the O went into the tank on the last 4 drives. We didn't close. Good teams close and we are a middling one. We are dumb team and not mentally tough. Still a long way to go.

In all seriousness the NFL needs to figure this out (do they even want to?). I can understand if the ground causes the inc with it having direct contact with the ball. I get that and even somewhat agree with it. But when the receiver's hand is under the ball the ground can still force it ajar after the receiver caught it and a football move is made?

That is not the rule.

I'm more pissed off now than I was last night.

Last edited:
Between the kickoff return for a touchdown and running into the kicker it's not overly complicated the special teams cost New England the game.

Would have been nice to get this win considering they're probably not going to beat Buffalo next week.

I like Tony Dingy but what was all that on the use of timeouts.

Him and Garrett must have had too much fruitcake. How does it matter whether BB calls 1 of his 2 timeouts on 1st down like Dingy said or 2nd down? BB only had 2 timeouts and 1 timeout is reserved for 3rd down.

Between the kickoff return for a touchdown and running into the kicker it's not overly complicated the special teams cost New England the game.

Would have been nice to get this win considering they're probably not going to beat Buffalo next week.
The Strong play was bad and we all saw BB giving it to him.

The punting was horrible.

The return should have never been a TD, obvious holding on Dugger, saw it from a mile a way. For even Dungy to mention it, and he hates the Pats, you know it was egregious

In the 2020 draft, Jefferson was taken by Minnesota with the 20th pick in the first round. The Patriots traded out of the 21st pick, netting Dugger and Uche.

Is this another "I totally know everything that happened in that draft room and i'm gonna act like the Pats could have traded up"

Just a reminder the only trade made before the Pats traded down was a swap of 13 & 14. Which means teams weren't trading out.

The worst thing about the game was the announcers. The Pats got the short end on the officiating as well, but there's nothing they can do about that.

I still think we could use a little more speed on defense, but overall the defense is certainly good enough for the team to be a genuine competitor, even in the post season.

Mac, I think, will in the end prove to be "good enough," but not much more than that. The offense lacks at least a couple of things. We need about two solid/elite O linemen. I would love to see the Pats' first three or so so draft picks next year devoted to big fat guys. We need a couple of playmakers, a receiver maybe, a TE with some explosiveness, somebody dangerous who represents the sort of threat defenses can't ignore, which opens up other things.

Speaking of big fat guys, and fat heads, the offense, which IS holding the team back, will not progress until we have an actual, NFL-competent OC and qb coach. This is not news, of course - we hear it all the time. But we hear it all the time because it's the rock solid truth. The offense has lousy coaches who've gotta go.

I don't think this team's deficiencies are really much of a mystery, nor that they are dire, in other words. Mac is good enough if the rest of the team/coaching is solid, which it isn't...yet.

4 points make a world of difference in a game like this and it just seemed to change the complexion of the game. This and the Strong running into the kicker were the two big plays in my opinion. Also, the kickoff return for a td, which the refs missed an obvious hold on Dugger was huge!!!!! Forgive me if I seem like I'm whining, but I still can' t get over how poorly the game was officiated.

How does an NFL head coach criticize the replay official without getting fined? That’s what Bill was doing.

I like Tony Dingy but what was all that on the use of timeouts.

Him and Garrett must have had too much fruitcake. How does it matter whether BB calls 1 of his 2 timeouts on 1st down like Dingy said or 2nd down? BB only had 2 timeouts and 1 timeout is reserved for 3rd down.

There point was he was forcing O'Connell to call running plays on 2nd and 3rd down so that they wouldn't leave the Patriots with any timeouts to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back