PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Vikings beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac has to calm down when things don't go his way. No pouting, no wild gestures, no running after the refs. It does suggest emotional immaturity and its not a good look for leader of the team.
He had a good game but the emotional immaturity under adverse circumstances keeps rearing its ugly head.
If he had even a semi competent qb coach he would have taught that lesson to Mac already

People make too much of his emotions. You just described things Brady does when things go wrong. I mean I think Microsoft have taken a restraining order against Brady that he cannot be within 50 feet of a Surface tablet when he is upset.

#1 - undisciplined football. This time on Defense and Special teams. Pierre Strong with the most critical of penalties. Can't do it. Not ever. Harsh lesson learned.

#2 Nelson Agholor- not that guy. Very catchable ball at the end there. Jefferson would have made that catch. Heck, a faster Meyers would have made that catch. Highlights the fact that we are lacking in that clutch factor in the wr department for game sealing/breaking plays.

#3 Monster Pass Rush??? Where?? Talk about a game where that would have made a huge difference. No where to be found. Worrisome for this season as we approach the home stretch.

#4 Run Game- is it really legit? Rham is legit. Harris thus far has been injury prone and good for 2 or 3 decent plays a game. There's nothing else behind them.

#5 Pierre Strong - game changing penalty. Hes going to have carry that cross for a bit.

#6 Dugger.. he's basically a linebacker who's meh in coverage. I like him but I think he's a little overrated.

#7 Mac Jones played very well. Offensive line for the most part kept Mac upright.

We def got hosed..... We didn't help ourselves enough for me to be that upset about it.

Pierre FN strong ...f***ked it all up.
great post....nice summary

Mac has to calm down when things don't go his way. No pouting, no wild gestures, no running after the refs. It does suggest emotional immaturity and its not a good look for leader of the team.
He had a good game but the emotional immaturity under adverse circumstances keeps rearing its ugly head.
If he had even a semi competent qb coach he would have taught that lesson to Mac already
I remember Brady yelling and making wild gestures at the refs and his teammates. I don’t think it showed emotional immaturity when he did it and in fact he still does that stuff now…

Edit- Rob beat me to it two posts ago.

People make too much of his emotions. You just described things Brady does when things go wrong. I mean I think Microsoft have taken a restraining order against Brady that he cannot be within 50 feet of a Surface tablet when he is upset.
Bradyused to be more in control of his emotions, it's been the past 3 years where he has acted pissy and like a narcissistic diva.. But Brady had the team's confidence and respect due to his resume. As a 3rd year qb with not much accomplished except getting blown out by the Bill's in first round of playoffs...MAC needs to project calmness and keeping it together to earn respect.

Bradyused to be more in control of his emotions, it's been the past 3 years where he has acted pissy and like a narcissistic diva.. But Brady had the team's confidence and respect due to his resume. As a 3rd year qb with not much accomplished except getting blown out by the Bill's in first round of playoffs...MAC needs to project calmness and keeping it together to earn respect.

He may be worse now, but Brady would do what you are saying Mac does. Peyton Manning used to do it. Marino was famous for it.

I would not be upset to see the following players gone next year, some of them are locks to be gone, and I won’t shed a tear.
1. Agholor
2. Brown
3. Wynn
4. Smith (Not gonna happen due to hit, but he’s not right for this team.)
5. Bourne (Reports of attitude being in the gutter, and can’t seem to do anything positive when on the field.)

Go hard on fixing up the OL & finding a few legit weapons for Mac (or whomever) and move Matty P and Joe Judge back to some sort of advisory roles and as far away from the offense as possible. Parker is okay as long as the price tag stays cheap, and find a way to retain Meyers if you can and he’s not going to break the bank. He might not be electric, but he’s the most consistent WR we’ve got.
Not gonna happen because of Agahlor hit

Mac played really, really well up until the final few drives. Then the flustered, overwhelmed, anxious Mac came out. Just cannot take the sack he did.

There is a difference between "taking the sack" and GETTING SACKED.

He seemed to be on the verge of an emotional breakdown on a few occasions late following the no-call when he appeared to be facemasked. Red-faced, quivering lip, visibly emotional. Slammed his helmet. I certainly didn’t feel any confidence or poise watching him.

Pure nonsense. The kid is a competitor, he didn't "appear" to be facemasked, HIS HEAD WAS JERKED AROUND! You could tell through your TV how red his face was and that his lip was "quivering," but you could not see the OBVIOUS facemask penalty? That he "lacked poise" and was an emotional basket case on verge of breakdown while compiling a 120 rating with no turnovers? You didn't "feel any confidence," eh? Your extrasensory perception must need a tuneup!

Mac clearly is a talented passer. He clearly cares, a lot. I’m just a bit concerned about his emotional maturity; he seems unsteady and is easily overwhelmed by adversity in big moments.

Good lord, you are so full of crap. You're just trying way, way, WAY too hard to find fault that isn't there. You not only don't know what to look for, you can't even interpret what you're seeing with logical clarity. It's all channeled through subjective tunnel vision that consigned Mac Jones to the scrap heap months ago. What's funny is if Nelson Agholor hadn't paused mid-route and caught that fourth-down pass, all these sage observations of yours would be out the window. THEN what?

There’s a difference between getting mad and getting upset. Mac gets upset. I want to see him develop thicker skin and play with a more consistent, steady, assured vibe regardless of what is going on around him.

So your incredible powers of perception can objectively discern "mad" from "upset" ... You don't believe Mac showed a "consistent, steady, assured vibe" while compiling nearly 400 yards passing? What on God's green earth are you expecting from a kid 1.5 seasons into his career who just played one of his best games as a pro?

They didn’t lose the game because of Mac, though.

No way, not according to your above condemnations.

Last edited:
Mac jones took a bad sack on that 3rd and 7
How do you see a blitz pre-snap, and then not plan to throw the check down? Henry was open

Instead, he stares down the left side of the field for a 15 yard route.

I don't know.

Dolphins
Ravens
Vikings

4 games this season where Mac couldn't get it done

Jets 2x
Steelers

Games where Mac didn't put it away but got bailed
Uh I think that’s a bit unfair. I think meyers is quite a good third down receiver.
I think he’s a solid player but a definite grade below the others

Tonight we really saw the work Jones did during the off-season with Tom House pay off. His deep balls were far better in terms of velocity and targeting than last year. No one is going to accuse him of having a cannon arm Like say Josh Allen, but there was much improvement tonight.

Our special team decided today is the day where it takes dump, haven't see our strength played this weak in years, but this is not how our special teams perform even in the worst days.

On the last drive, did anyone really think they had a chance with 50 seconds and no timeouts from the 9?

It's just not going to happen at that point.

Taking a sack there is almost expected since you need people to get open far downfield.

I seem to remember even Brady took a sack in a similar situation in the Super Bowl.

Wish BB trusted the Offense on that HH reverse TD. All or nothing I would have went for 6. Our Defense was not very good Tonight we have tougher one next week.

Overall, no progress in the post Brady rebuild. This team is no better than the one two years ago (first year after Brady rebuild).
The coaching is worse, the offense is worse and they are a boring team to watch with no marquee players.
I believe Kraft and BB will have a talk at the end of the season. Change is needed for this organization.
This 6-5 team is no better than the team that ended 7-9? Come on now.

The roster is in a much better place with quality young players than it was the Cam Newton year. The difference between that season and this one is two solid draft classes in a row, Judon alone is probably better than anyone on that years roster.

Last edited:
So odd right!!? Agholor, Jonnu, Bourne have been abject failures as FA signings.

Jonnu obviously the worst of the three but dang.

Lot of $$$ not producing
Bourne isn't an abject failure, since he played pretty well last year. But the ROI on Agholor and Jonnu have been underwhelming, to say the least.

There is a difference between "taking the sack" and GETTING SACKED.

Pure nonsense. The kid is a competitor, he didn't "appear" to be facemasked, HIS HEAD WAS JERKED AROUND! You could tell through your TV how red his face was and that his lip was "quivering"? That he "lacked poise" while compiling a 120 rating with no turnovers? You didn't "feel any confidence," eh? Your extrasensory perception must need a tuneup!

Good lord, you are so full of crap. You're just trying way, way, WAY too hard to find fault that isn't there. You not only don't know what to look for, you can't even interpret what you're seeing with logical clarity. It's all channeled through subjective tunnel vision that consigned Mac Jones to the scrap heap months ago. What's funny is if Nelson Agholor hadn't paused mid-route and caught that fourth-down pass, all these sage observations of yours would be out the window. THEN what?

So your incredible powers of perception can objectively discern "mad" from "upset" ... You don't believe Mac showed a "consistent, steady, assured vibe" while compiling nearly 400 yards passing? What on God's green earth are you expecting?

No way, not according to your above condemnations.
I didn’t have a lot of confidence because there was no Edelman, Gronk, Amendola. Christ Hogan might have been the go to guy on this team.

The defense turns into a fraud unit when they face a steadily average qb. They look all world against the Zack Wilson’s of the world and the beyond bum that started for the Colts. They provide false hope year after year
Playing a lot of those QB's from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes