PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread - Seattle beats the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting juxtaposition...

I'm OK with winning the SB and losing this one.

It’s painful that BB took michel instead of Chubb. Also McDaniels’ play calling was pretty bad overall. There needed to be a run/pass option or a play action. Seattle sold out on the run.

Overall it was an exciting game. Let’s not forget New England was never a good September team even in the Brady era, and they were a yard away from beating arguably the best team in the NFC.

Taking a step back from all the jubilation from this close loss...Newton put up 23 points (not great) and most of his yards passing came after Seattle's 5th td with what, 6 minutes left and Pats were down double digits...

As was Seattle in 49. They threw it and it was the correct call then, and it was the correct call now.
Seattle throwing a pick was the correct call? Ok.

Your assessment of Folk is what is trash. That was a 54 yard field goal. It was a bad call by Belichick to attempt it considering that Folk is just a 59% kicker from beyond 50.

Moore had 1 good play. He had 3 total receptions. Your assessment is humiliating... to you..

The Seahawks sniffed out most of Burkhead's runs. And yes, the offensive line didn't really open things up for Michel. Taylor wasn't given enough of a chance. Seattle's front 7 is pretty damn good. And having Adams really helps that run defense.

Harry took some hard shots on his catches. But I bet you think that taking that shot from Diggs is the equivalent of a basketball foul..
Diggs was a tough hit. Harry also went down immediately at any contact. For a guy his size, that shouldn’t be happening. I won’t give up on him, but he’s clearly not there for his speed. Here was literally a play where a defender dived at his legs without wrapping up off a block and Harry just went horizontal

Folk is on thin ice already after last week. He’s not reliable.

Moore gashed us and averaged 16 yards on each of his 12 catches. Outside Metcalf he was easily Seattle’s most efficient receiver.

But I’ll be equitable. The entire defense sucked defending the pass. Seattle had 21 receptions. 17 of those came from Metcalf, Lockett, Moore, and Carson. 9.6 was the lowest yards per reception of those 4 receivers. Oh and each one had a TD too. That secondary got worked

Pleasantly surprised with Cam and the receivers. Nice to see a QB throwing to Harry and the other young receivers.

Defense against the run is a dumpster fire,though. How many times did they fail to set the edge?? Not great in the middle, either.

I do not understand not calling a timeout at 0:30 or so. Likewise, I don’t understand that final playcall and would have said so even if they had scored.

Seattle throwing a pick was the correct call? Ok.

No. Running Lynch against that front, amongst football people, was the wrong idea. Pass was correct as it would have been tonight. It was however not the correct pass.

How did you get that throwing the pick was OK anyways?

Diggs was a tough hit. Harry also went down immediately at any contact. For a guy his size, that shouldn’t be happening. I won’t give up on him, but he’s clearly not there for his speed. Here was literally a play where a defender dived at his legs without wrapping up off a block and Harry just went horizontal

Moore gashed us and averaged 16 yards on each of his 12 catches. Outside Metcalf he was easily Seattle’s most efficient receiver.

But I’ll be equitable. The entire defense sucked defending the pass. Seattle had 21 receptions. 17 of those came from Metcalf, Lockett, Moore, and Carson. 9.6 was the lowest yards per reception of those 4 receivers. Oh and each one had a TD too. That secondary got worked

Bad night for this, but you know who also used to go down on the first hit?

Incredible how Cam passed for almost 400 yards yet his only passing TD was a 1 yarder to a Fullback. Need to fix that.
Does he? We scored 3 TD’s. 2 were him running. We could have dropped back, but really if he’s more effective there... who really cares

The pass to Edelman was tough for Julian to bring down. Not Cam's fault, he put it where he could, but it would have been an unbelievable catch.
Those are the type of passes that I want Harry to get an opportunity to catch

Taking a step back from all the jubilation from this close loss...Newton put up 23 points (not great) and most of his yards passing came after Seattle's 5th td with what, 6 minutes left and Pats were down double digits...
So.... those aren’t garbage yards. Those yards literally put us in position to win tonight. In fact we would have likely won with 30 more second on the clock

In what game did Moore gash us and average 16 yards on each of his 12 catches? In the one played tonight he caught 3 passes one for 38 and 2 for a combined 10.

Answer: BB is a genius, the other GMs aren't.

The entire reason Newton remained un-signed for so long was because GMs, including Belichick, had no idea if they'd get the franchise-QB version of Newton, or a washed up, injury prone QB. This was reflected in the contract they gave him.

No. Running Lynch against that front, amongst football people, was the wrong idea. Pass was correct as it would have been tonight. It was however not the correct pass.

How did you get that throwing the pick was OK anyways?
They threw and lost.

Off topic, but a good laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye