PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread - Seattle beats the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
here are the only people that have has many or more catches than Harry through 2 games

Hopkins
D.Adams
Diggs
Cooper
Ridley
Kelce
Anderson
Lockett
Gage
Diontae Johnson
Edelman
Schuster-Smith

also, here is a clutch, contested catch

It’s odd that we played so much zone. Our secondary is built for man to man. Bentley sitting in the underneath zone was a waste of a man. When people were near him, he was too slow to make the play.

I see Harry has become the focus of this thread (like most threads). I think he was a mixed bag last night. People have been criticizing his strength as a ballcarrier, but I honestly think he looked better than most WR in terms of trucking and dragging defenders. He's not going to look like Gronk out there. His hands also looked solid.

One thing I didn't love about what I saw from Harry was his lack of finesse with the ball in his hands. I thought he was supposed to give us some of what we used to have in Patterson on screens, but his elusiveness isn't even where it was last year (e.g. against KC in the game the refs stole a TD from him). I don't think many, if any, of those screen passes to Harry were effective against Seattle. Surprisingly, he seemed to look better running traditional routes. Maybe that's just what the defense was willing to leave open all night.

Overall, I thought Harry and Byrd looked like real, but average, NFL receivers. I really like that Cam doesn't seem to give a **** about the lack of skill position talent. This was basically how he won his MVP in 2015 and it gives me confidence that when Gunner returns, he'll be at least somewhat useful to the offense.
The issue seems to be people's expectations more so than how he plays.

I think he'll get better as the season progresses, especially with Cam working with him the way he seems to be doing.

here are the only people that have has many or more catches than Harry through 2 games

Hopkins
D.Adams
Diggs
Cooper
Ridley
Kelce
Anderson
Lockett
Gage
Diontae Johnson
Edelman
Schuster-Smith

also, here is a clutch, contested catch

OH JMC00. You're really going to hurt their feelings using all those facts. You're gonna get them angry and have them coming back and whining about Harry's YPC being less than 10 as proof that he's a bust. They aren't going to care about how many catches he has. They won't care that he's 13 for 18 for a 72% catch percentage. They'll just make excuses, call him soft and say you don't know the game..

It’s odd that we played so much zone. Our secondary is built for man to man. Bentley sitting in the underneath zone was a waste of a man. When people were near him, he was too slow to make the play.

Not considering the Patd played Russell Wilson. The Pats play a lot more zone when they are facing a mobile QB. Man to man allows a player like Wilson to take off on the ground far too easily.

People were killing Gilmore for the Metcalf TD last night, but from my perspective, you couldn't have that much better coverage than Gilmore had. He did the right thing and got a hand in there right at the right time. Just a perfect throw and catch.

Metcalf and Moore TDs there's nothing else Gilmore or McCourty could have done outside of just tackling them before the ball got there. The Moore catch probably 9 times out of 10 he never gets 2 feet in. Gilmore's arm 9 times out of 10 probably gets a touch of the ball to allow for a PBU and it was really the only time either of those guys really beat the secondary Metcalf outside of the TD had 3 catches for 38 yards and Moore outside of that catch had 2 for 10 yards

Much like a few of those Edelman catches when Adams was on him. Adams had good coverage just great throws and catches.

The thing for me is how we'll evolve on offense from now on. Teams are going to take a page out of Seattle's strategy last night and have their defense seal the edge and force Cam to keep on the various RPO's that we call for him. Does he then become more of a traditional pocket passer? That would certainly help lessen the wear and tear.
He will have to. That many carries is not sustainable for both his health and for our success as an offense this season.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
It’s not odd at all. It’s pretty much what we do whenever we play a mobile QB. It’s aggravating to watch and it’s going to get lit up by the Wilsons and the Jacksons and the Mahomes of the league who can actually throw from the pocket, but it gives the defense the best chance to make those guys one-dimensional and limit them as much as possible from being a threat to take off and scramble for 20+ yards.

Just to add to BB there with regards to not taking a timeout. They had the Seahawks on the ropes there. They had the right play. They had the TD. Seahawks would have had less than 10 seconds. We know what Russell can do with 30 seconds and timeouts. They were playing for the win. They went for it and they lost. I can't hate on them for not taking the timeout.

Didn't know RG3 was still drawing an NFL paycheck...

The Problem with that Meme is that Cam has a ton of makeable incentives not including the $43,750 /game he gets for being on the Roster.

On pace for 104 catches and 1000 yards and people here are labeling him a bust.

And he's been on the injury report with a shoulder for both games. I suspect that's affecting his YAC.

In case you were wondering:

I agree. It is really relaxing not to worry about HFA or BYEs anymore every time in a close game. If we can continue on this trend there is a solid chance we end up in the playoffs and that in itself would be a pretty nice success story.
Why would you give up rooting for a bye and hfa after 1 loss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back