PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread-Ravens beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I haven’t made a post yet in this thread, which is weird since I remember making three.

Remember when there wasn't going to be a big change in moderation and censorship? Yeah, well, when they tell you that, it's always a lie.

Haven't checked through this thread, but has anyone brought up the number of parallels between last night's loss and the 2004 Halloween Steelers game? The score was almost the same, it was our first loss of the year to a QB we hadn't faced before, and we destroyed them in the AFCCG.

Haven't checked through this thread, but has anyone brought up the number of parallels between last night's loss and the 2004 Halloween Steelers game? The score was almost the same, it was our first loss of the year to a QB we hadn't faced before, and we destroyed them in the AFCCG.

Probably but I don't think we'll face them in the playoffs anyways.

We're gonna have HFA and we'll face the Texans or Colts or Bills and the Chiefs will play the Ravens and win.

It takes a lot of effort but it’s an achievable goal. Remaining clueless takes work
Idk, maybe some just dont watch college football or have quite as good of understanding of our offense as they thought?
Everyone knew what Petrino ran, hes famous for it. Jackson talked abt the system at times & anyone who just watched recognized a ton of similarities ... bc its a variation of what we run.

We're gonna have HFA and we'll face the Texans or Colts or Bills and the Chiefs will play the Ravens and win.

Seems like you’re shying away or afraid of seeing them again. I really wanna see them again. Pats should wanna see them again after embarrassing them on a sunday night.

Seems like you’re shying away or afraid of seeing them again. I really wanna see them again. Pats should wanna see them again after embarrassing them on a sunday night.

No, I'm just predicting how I think the season will unfold.

But who cares? I'm a fan, if I was afraid of another team then so what?

Josh Allen isn’t winning a road playoff game. I guarantee you that.

Josh Allen isn’t winning a road playoff game. I guarantee you that.

Almost a given that they'll host a WC game, unless we go on a real losing streak and they win the division.

Almost a given that they'll host a WC game, unless we go on a real losing streak and they win the division.
They can’t if they don’t win the division.

I have believed this for the longest time.

To win the war is paramount and not win every battle.

We saw the Ravens very best last night. That bell has been rung and duly noted on a roll of film for review by BB and staff.

The Boogey Men were embarassed. I like their chances if these teams play again.
Something was up. They ran every single play out of 11 personnel and other than RB all 10 other players played every single snap except for dorsett being replaced by Meyers for 1 play when banged up.

I guess I haven’t made a post yet in this thread, which is weird since I remember making three.
Maybe you are seeing ghosts like Sam darnold?

Ross, they are different positions with different assignments anywhere on the field. Yes, some of the bigger WRs are greater redzone threats but they're not interchangeable as tight ends.
Tunes, I was agreeing with you. Sorry if my post wasn’t very clear. I was trying to be funny but I was a little tired.

Something was up. They ran every single play out of 11 personnel.
It's called a no-huddle offense. It was working, after the 1st quarter.

You can't change personnel or the officials won't put the ball back in play until the D has taken their sweet time making changes in response. It was a veteran-heavy grouping with run-pass versatility, to permit the changing of plays and formations on the fly.

Great part about last night prior to big third down play while Pats are still in the game, 3d and 5 from Baltimore 24.......Al Michaels -"And #25 Terrence Brooks is in the game" Brooks proceeds to fail to cover the TE and gives up an 18 yard pass...explain to me why this schittbum is on the team? He sucks and has made one play all season - a pick in the Jets game with the Pats up 26-0.

Oh wait, I forgot, he plays special teams so Bill loves him...

Yep. The officials at near every turn favored the Ratbirds. Not shocking their SNF win to loss ratio is so lopsided. Its been going on for years.

Great part about last night prior to big third down play while Pats are still in the game, 3d and 5 from Baltimore 24.......Al Michaels -"And #25 Terrence Brooks is in the game" Brooks proceeds to fail to cover the TE and gives up an 18 yard pass...explain to me why this schittbum is on the team? He sucks and has made one play all season - a pick in the Jets game with the Pats up 26-0.

Oh wait, I forgot, he plays special teams so Bill loves him...

That was big play. The game could have turned there with a big stop. People keep mentioning the edelman fumble. That’s not where the game was lost. Pats came back and where moving the ball just fine down the field. Ravens defense gassed. After that the defense gave away the game with a long minute drive.

Something was up. They ran every single play out of 11 personnel and other than RB all 10 other players played every single snap except for dorsett being replaced by Meyers for 1 play when banged up.

As said multiple times during and after the game whats up is that the coaches and the QB don't trust protection enough to play without Watson and Izzo is not good enough to be of additional value to go into 12.

This leaves 11 as the only feasible personnel grouping. The only real variety they got there was to put Sony in a couple times when the Ravens showed up in dime+ packages and try to use the size advantage. It worked as often as it failed as Baltimore adjusted to it quickly.

Similarly they used the WR groupings that give them the most flexibility within 11.

Meyers really has not shown more than 3 routes so far and some of his inside stuff was made redundant with Sanu. Dorsett you'd think would be the more safe choice for no huddle given his experience with the playbook. And yet his biggest moment yesterday came when he read the leverage of the DB differently than Brady which led to the intentional grounding.

Whats up is that the offense needs Wynn back so they can start morphing between different personnel groupings and ways of attack again. Hell, maybe we can start sending more people into their routes instead of keeping them in to protect Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back