Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Harry going- need a RZ target

Get Wynn in there- because he is an upgrade

Run the ball a little more effectively- help play-action

Figure out the run D- this can't happen again

Keep TB12 upright- obviously

See you in MIA

I wonder if we should have brought Develin back instead of Harry...

Penalties and turnovers killed us.

With that said if BAL doesn't turn the ball over in their own end it's not as close.

It was a wash.

We were curb-stomped. Lick the wounds. Take the learnings.

Thank you for pointing that out.

The only reason NE got back in the game were those two big gifts. So people gotta cool the jets on “I think we were gonna win if Edelman hadn’t fumbled that.” While I think that may have been true, it’s also true that fumble wouldn’t have mattered either way if BAL hadn’t given NE two short fields earlier in the game.

If Newhouse is so awful, why aren’t they chipping the DE at the line of scrimmage, shading the RB protector left, setting up a TE at the 5 gap to help? They do none of this.

Because we don't have a TE who can do that. The loss of Gronk hurts our pass protection big time.

Finally, the Ravens are not a team I want to run into in the playoffs. Harbaugh has gone against us many times and had more success than any other coach and Jackson is such an untraditional QB that it can make your head spin. Hopefully some other team beats the snot out of them so we don’t have to play them again.

To win a championship, one must defeat all challengers.

We are 10-4 lifetime head to head against that franchise.

I've said on numerous occasions it's a variation of EP. That NOT my opinion, thats a fact. Anyone who watched him in college & understands our offense knows he ran a variation suited for him.

@mgteich Its more then obvious why he said that lol. Balt runs a completely different offense then the one Jackson ran in college.

Petrino, Jackson, countless reporters have come out & said this. All of them are wrong lol? Anyone who understands football, watched him in college knows Jackson ran a system extremely close to ours.

I've posted numerous clips showing him running the same plays/concepts.

How do people spend so much time on a football forum. Talking abt football but still remain so clueless.

It takes a lot of effort but it’s an achievable goal. Remaining clueless takes work

Not really. Game was flipped on a few mistakes (neutral zone infraction on opening FG, Edelman’s fumble, Watson’s drop, White’s trip). Plus that blatant uncalled pick on Baltimore’s 4th down conversion and Mason’s BS holding call in the redzone.

Baltimore has a stupidly unorthodox offense and it’s not surprising they looked unstoppable for a couple drives while the D adjusted.

Exactly, it was just a play here and there that could have turned the tide. Edelmans fumble alone could have changed the outcome by itself. People jumping overboard but there were some bright spots in that game that showed potential. We needed this game to help us in future games.

Exactly, it was just a play here and there that could have turned the tide. Edelmans fumble alone could have changed the outcome by itself. People jumping overboard but there were some bright spots in that game that showed potential. We needed this game to help us in future games.
Don’t fool yourself. Baltimore doesn’t screw up twice in the first half (especially Cyrus Jones) and nobody is talking about “Edelman’s fumble alone could have changed the outcome”.

That was a total beat down.

Doesn’t mean NE won’t learn and improve from it, but if you take away all the turnovers Baltimore wins by even more than they did.

How do people spend so much time on a football forum. Talking abt football but still remain so clueless.

Crist’s tweet gives useful info. Kyed’s gives no info at all.

And I’m wondering how someone spends so much time on a football forum but still remains so clueless to think that if something is an “Earhardt-Perkins” offense it *must* be something like NE’s offense.

Hell, just the name of it should tell one otherwise.

Because we don't have a TE who can do that. The loss of Gronk hurts our pass protection big time.

Come on. Ryan Izzo and Ben Watson know how to chip pass rushers and combined with Newhouse can stop most pass rushers not named Watt, Bosa or Garrett.

The loss of Gronk and Trent Brown and David Andrews and Isaiah Wynn hurt the running game. The loss of Gronk hurt the passing game in general. But chip blocking isn't hard to do.

Thank you for pointing that out.

The only reason NE got back in the game were those two big gifts. So people gotta cool the jets on “I think we were gonna win if Edelman hadn’t fumbled that.” While I think that may have been true, it’s also true that fumble wouldn’t have mattered either way if BAL hadn’t given NE two short fields earlier in the game.
Yea I do believe a handful of plays (encroachment penalties, a couple key 3rd downs, 4th down) were the true difference in the game.

With that said they need to decide if they are willing to sacrifice some plays in the passing game being made against them to stopping the run. This has gotten out of hand.

That's an interesting outlook and I agree with it. The Patriots are usually quiet and stay off the media. I thought Van Noy enjoyed the ghost comment too much when in reality he should have realized it was just Sammy and the Jets

No no no

EDIT: @captain stone - you are usually a nice guy. Maybe your reading comprehension failed you this time???

Last edited:
Don’t fool yourself. Baltimore doesn’t screw up twice in the first half (especially Cyrus Jones) and nobody is talking about “Edelman’s fumble alone could have changed the outcome”.

Doesn’t mean NE won’t learn and improve from it, but if you take away all the turnovers Baltimore wins by even more than they did.

They got an awful amount of help. That strange head bob on the FG attempt. Got them 4 points. The pick play that got them a first on 4th down for some strange reason wasn’t flagged nor challenged by BB. Miami challenged Gordon for PI and won earlier this season. Baltimore got so much help last night it wasn’t even funny.

On the final TD, officials that can see just about everything somehow missed a dude being dragged into the endzone. It wasn’t the waxxing everyone says it was.

They got an awful amount of help. That strange head bob on the FG attempt. Got them 4 points. The pick play that got them a first on 4th down for some strange reason wasn’t flagged nor challenged by BB. Miami challenged Gordon for PI and won earlier this season. Baltimore got so much help last night it wasn’t even funny.

On the final TD, officials that can see just about everything somehow missed a dude being dragged into the endzone. It wasn’t the waxxing everyone says it was.

I thought they got pasted early and late. Not really prepared well enough for the RPO and some smashed mouth football.

But some support for your argument can be seen in the final stats, which surprised me. Total yards were almost even 372-342. The Patriots had more penalties, but the big difference was that the Pats defense was on the field for nearly 2/3 of the game. No wonder they couldn't put it together in the 4th.

The head bob penalty and Edelman fumble cost them 14 points. Big props to the Ravens for playing a great game, but it's a different game if they could have avoided these two big mistakes.

The Patriots had a bad game just in general, but I really think they underestimated how much they needed to change their defensive approach against Jackson. A lot of the infuriating scrambles came because you had front 7 players rushing upfield as if they were up against a guy with league average mobility at QB, but against Jackson this just meant you'd lost contain and created a running lane for him. They kept on doing this late in the game, which told me that both the players and coaches simply did not account for how different Jackson is from every other QB on their schedule.

Well, yeah, but if you don't make mistakes you have a much better tendency to win games. You're supposed to force the other team to make mistakes, capitalize on them and limit your own errors. That's part of a successful football. We didn't see that last night.

I wish we played mobile qbs as if they couldn't run sometimes. I'm convinced things would have gone better if we treated them no different than our past opponents.

I'm over it and I still don't fear the Ravens.

playing them like other opponents would have meant a lot of man coverage, with DBs backs turned to the QB. Lamar would have ran for 200+ yards if they did that

playing them like other opponents would have meant a lot of man coverage, with DBs backs turned to the QB. Lamar would have ran for 200+ yards if they did that

If anything we played them too much like they had a "normal" pocket QB. There were still LBs and DL rushing upfield and losing QB contain in the 3rd quarter as if they were up against a guy who ran a 4.8 40 under center.

Crist’s tweet gives useful info. Kyed’s gives no info at all.

And I’m wondering how someone spends so much time on a football forum but still remains so clueless to think that if something is an “Earhardt-Perkins” offense it *must* be something like NE’s offense.

Hell, just the name of it should tell one otherwise.
Ive said on NUMEROUS occasions its a variation, NOT the exact same offense. That goes wout saying my goodness.

Again & Im not saying this trying to be a **** but if that tweet is even the least bit eye opening to you then its clear you didn't watch him in college, have a good understanding of Petrino or this offense. As a Pats fan I can't imagine watching Jackson run his offense in college & not saying to one's self, "wow that play looks awfully familiar".

Not sure what else you want man. Petrino's well known system, Bobby the coach himself, Jackson, reporters, video I posted in the other thread or watch 10 mins on YT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe