PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Rams beat the Pats

There's no way of knowing how Brady would have done here this year.
What I do know is that I'd prefer one and done over none and done.
I'd like to go to the dance even if I didn't end up with the prettiest lady.
Even when you were dancing with the best one for two decades ? No thanks.

I’m interested in the future and I’m not sad Brady moved on. I don’t think he’ll be winning any more SBs.

The only good thing of this game is that i was relaxed...no tension at all...fantastic...season of course over...i am tired to see Cam...really...

Last night was the first time I've seen BB throw in the towel. And I mean, on a whole season. He sticks with Cam through his uselessness, and they actually manage to get to the goal line a few times, and BB goes for it with 2 stupid QB sneaks in a row? Everyone in the world knew Cam was running - except Cam. Because he runs now with less purpose than a milk cow. They don't even try to throw in the red zone anymore because Cam is so indecisive. But, BB won't relent on a lame duck QB in a lame duck season. I actually like this dog-fight kinda team, as flawed as they are, but not even trying on offense is killing me. At least in the Bledsoe days, they'd be slinging it around, living with the interceptions, fighting through the messiness. This feels like sabotage.

You think a one and done team was sniffing the Sb and I’m the one with the football IQ problem? Tony come to my classroom
Its about enjoying football for as long as possible.

Its about enjoying football for as long as possible.
I can enjoy a meaningless scrimmage if it’s competitive. This is about what makes sense for the team

I can enjoy a meaningless scrimmage if it’s competitive. This is about what makes sense for the team
No, its about enjoying football on Sunday. And if I can get an extra Sunday this season, I'd be very happy.

No, its about enjoying football on Sunday. And if I can get an extra Sunday this season, I'd be very happy.
Fine. That doesn’t mean they were a SB team. They lost to every contender in the final 4 in the AFC that year. We had a weak schedule and we’re a better team last year before you even talk about the QB difference and we lost to every contender we played. We played 5 playoff teams. The only one we beat was the 9-7 Eagles who went one and done and we beat them 17-10. We lost to Houston, Tennessee, Baltimore and Kansas City who all made the divisional round.

We were not anywhere close to a SB that year. At least in 2018 you could hand went into the playoffs saying “well beat all the good teams we played so we can take anybody out”. 2019 they were going nowhere fast and everyone knew it. Yeah we got another week, that didn’t make them contenders

Not sure if this has been talked about, but the redzone play calling last night was just embarrassing. Enough with the Cam iso plays 5+ yards out!
Cam cannot do anything else

Even when you were dancing with the best one for two decades ? No thanks.

I’m interested in the future and I’m not sad Brady moved on. I don’t think he’ll be winning any more SBs.
I'm extremely disappointed that the best one isn't going to the dance with us anymore, especially since we ended up with a dog-faced pony soldier instead.

Belichick got blatantly out coached. Newton had his worst game of the season, which is quite an achievement considering is other very similarly horrendous performances. The defense got pushed around like a bunch of chumps. The only reason why they didn't lose by 50 points is Goff sucks and he will be the ultimate reason why LAR can't win a Super Bowl. Great team with a lame quarterback.

I agree. It would be more fun to watch at least. Bill told us at the beginning of the season that he was punting on this season because of the cap. Pretty sad.

From his interview with Weiss at the beginning of the season:

While Belichick admitted that the cap caught up to the Patriots this season, he sees this as a one-year period to reset their salary cap for the future.

“Again, because of our cap situation — in this particular year, this is kind of the year that we’ve taken to, I would say, adjust our cap from the spending that we’ve had in accumulation of previous years,” Belichick said. “We just haven’t been able to have the kind of depth on our roster that we’ve had in some other years."

You are putting your own pathetic spin on what BB actually said. He did not remotely come close to saying that they were punting on the season. What he said was that they had sold out previous seasons in an attempt to win Championships and that this season was a reset because they didn't have the cap space available during Free Agency to add depth. They only got the cap space AFTER Opt-outs and the settlement of the 2 outstanding grievances (Hernandez & Brown). Both occurred in late May.

This year has shown that the likes of Dugger, Uche, Oswenu, Herron, Meyers, and Olszewski have a bright future ahead of them. Add them to Bailey, JC Jackson, J.Jones, J. Johnson, Michel, Harris, Taylor, and Wynn and the Pats have a damn good core to build around. (and yes, I'm probably forgetting some players).

The optouts and the injuries (17 people onto the IR) that have happened are what hurt this teams depth.

You are putting your own pathetic spin on what BB actually said. He did not remotely come close to saying that they were punting on the season. What he said was that they had sold out previous seasons in an attempt to win Championships and that this season was a reset because they didn't have the cap space available during Free Agency to add depth. They only got the cap space AFTER Opt-outs and the settlement of the 2 outstanding grievances (Hernandez & Brown). Both occurred in late May.

This year has shown that the likes of Dugger, Uche, Oswenu, Herron, Meyers, and Olszewski have a bright future ahead of them. Add them to Bailey, JC Jackson, J.Jones, J. Johnson, Michel, Harris, Taylor, and Wynn and the Pats have a damn good core to build around. (and yes, I'm probably forgetting some players).

The optouts and the injuries (17 people onto the IR) that have happened are what hurt this teams depth.

Great and very accurate post. Absolutely. Anything else is revisionist history.

Offensive line = Sieve

The best OL in the conference, if not the league, is now a "sieve"? I think it was the Sunday night game earlier this year where they flashed the OL across the board and they were all ranked top 10, a few top 3 or 5 at their position per PFF. So, you're wrong. Onwenu is playing at an All Pro level, so was Wynn, Thuney is Thuney, Andrews Andrews, Mason is Mason. Try to keep up.

When defenses play goal line D up and down the field and don't respect the pass, you seem to think this wouldn't affect the OL, which means you don't know the sport well.

Disgusting seeing fingers pointed at really good players because Newton sucks and BB had to make some kind of a move during a pandemic.

The best OL in the conference, if not the league, is now a "sieve"? I think it was the Sunday night game earlier this year where they flashed the OL across the board and they were all ranked top 10, a few top 3 or 5 at their position per PFF. So, you're wrong. Onwenu is playing at an All Pro level, so was Wynn, Thuney is Thuney, Andrews Andrews, Mason is Mason. Try to keep up.

When defenses play goal line D up and down the field and don't respect the pass, you seem to think this wouldn't affect the OL, which means you don't know the sport well.

Disgusting seeing fingers pointed at really good players because Newton sucks and BB had to make some kind of a move during a pandemic.
Two QB's played last Thursday and both were taking sacks and pressured like crazy. It's silly to say the offensive line didn't have a bad game.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back