PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Rams beat the Pats

Do you want that, though ? Like, in the end, do you want to watch Brady drag this team to 10-6 and a first round exit ? I undertand if you do, but I don't. He is gone to better weather and better WEAPONS (heehee, patsfans love weapons). He won't win there, but he wasn't winning here either. Unless he's happy with a hat n T-shirt...
That is how I feel. I really wanted him to retire a Pat. I think we all did. But the state of the team is so bad that I am happy he is Tampa. I doubt he wins a SB there too but it must be nice to have all those studs and the sunshine and a coach that is not all doom and gloom. I will enjoy watching him Sunday to see if he can get the Bucs in the playoffs.

Do you want that, though ? Like, in the end, do you want to watch Brady drag this team to 10-6 and a first round exit ? I undertand if you do, but I don't. He is gone to better weather and better WEAPONS (heehee, patsfans love weapons). He won't win there, but he wasn't winning here either. Unless he's happy with a hat n T-shirt...
Oh yeah I can't blame Tom for going there it's a much better situation and place for him. Based on his comments yesterday there's no regrets either.

We had no shot at winning the Sb last year

You're moving the goal posts.

If this team had Tom Brady or a top fifteen QB we'd be sniffing at another SB. In other words, we're just a QB away from contention which was your original argument.

You're moving the goal posts.

If this team had Tom Brady or a top fifteen QB we'd be sniffing at another SB. In other words, we're just a QB away from contention which was your original argument.
Sniffing? We were one and done in the playoffs and we basically limped in their with most people thinking we were sitting ducks

Last year sure. But you put Brady on this year team and I think the next two games you play to win the division.
Brady got the benefit of Gordon, AB, Dorsett, and a healthy Edelman for awhile. He also didn’t have half the defense opt out. I don’t know why anyone would think we’d achieve a better result

Brady got the benefit of Gordon, AB, Dorsett, and a healthy Edelman for awhile. He also didn’t have half the defense opt out. I don’t know why anyone would think we’d achieve a better result

One day Ian will penalize me and ban me from this forum.

unnamed.jpg

confirmation that Josh McD sucks. we knew it for years....we pretended he didnt. he does. he's the hold back. not sure why BB loves him so much apart from loyalty and being from OH

NEM's Law states that the OC is responsible for every Patriots loss. Still, you should go back and look at the game against the Chargers -- how McDaniels mixed things up so that a run-run-run offense kept the defense off balance. Last night, obviously, wasn't so successful, but it doesn't mean he sucks.

The Rams hit us with a lot of 12 personnel, which has been a complete departure from their norm this season. Probably for two reasons - 1) to catch us by surprise (and it did because we were in Nickel and Dime most of the game on D), and 2) because their film review showed ends who had trouble setting the edge. The seemed to target Simon a lot when he was on the field, easily sealing him off with either Higbee or their RT. Wino, when he played, and Uche were nothing to write home about either, though. Both are still a work in progress against the run. The results were obvious. They ran the ball right down our throat. This set up the play action nicely and, aside from one pick, Goff was efficient because that’s the way their offensive attack was designed. Limit his exposure to the blitz and make the D have to respect the run game. This brings a safety closer to the LOS and the play action becomes more lethal.

If they’re going to play Stidham, now is the time to do it. The season likely got the final nail in the coffin last night and they’re likely heading for their annual L in Miami to deal the deal on mediocrity and a 7-9/8-8 season. And yet, BB announced that Cam is their guy. Now, you’re probably saying, “well Kontra, how can that be? You’re a maven of all things football and have never once been wrong about anything before. Hung like a horse with the perfect vein-to-pube ratio, and a jizz that sprays like the rains in Africa. Why do you think this is?” I’ll tell you... at least IMO. It’s because the coaching staff watches the same film made for consumption for anyone who cares to buy Game Pass. The way the offense is constructed currently at WR and TE, Cam gives them the better chance to win.

I won’t bring up Harry because that horse has been beaten into the glue factory many times over. He is what he is. Byrd is a WR3 at best, Meyers is a WR2 at best who was completely locked down by Ramsey, and Edelman is on his last legs and hasn’t played in weeks. We don’t have a starting-caliber TE on the roster either. Izzo is a rich man’s Hooman and the rookies have been some combination of injured and worthless, to date. What DO we have? A great run blocking offensive line and, assuming he doesn’t have a disk injury and is done for the season, an emerging star in Harris to go along with Michel and White. Our strength is not in the passing game. It hasn’t been for 3 years now (four games at the beginning of last season aside). It’s how we run the ball. You put Stidham in there, and we will see what happened last night - he will get his ass kicked and average around 3.8 YPA. He’s not mobile. Cam is. And don’t get me wrong, Cam has sucked a fat one, but he can at least get yards with his legs if things break down. Stidham won’t give you that and he’ll look just as inept, if not more, through the air because that’s just not a strength of the 2020 offense. I suspect you’ll see some wholesale changes on that side of the ball in the offseason.

Terrible decision by Cam to throw it but it should be noted (it probably has been in some post here) that Brockers blatantly held Harris coming out of the backfield, which is why there was a Pats player void in the area of the throw.

Terrible decision by Cam to throw it but it should be noted (it probably has been in some post here) that Brockers blatantly held Harris coming out of the backfield, which is why there was a Pats player void in the area of the throw.
It was Donald. And he is not holding when the back is behind the line of scrimmage. You can absolutely grab him there. Cam should have never thrown the pass. It was like he just threw to a spot and didn't even look to to see if Harris was there. Terrible decision.

Your football IQ is on full display and it's not pretty.
You think a one and done team was sniffing the Sb and I’m the one with the football IQ problem? Tony come to my classroom

It was Donald. And he is not holding when the back is behind the line of scrimmage. You can absolutely grab him there. Cam should have never thrown the pass. It was like he just threw to a spot and didn't even look to to see if Harris was there. Terrible decision.

So it is legal to grab a RB by the arm to prevent him from releasing for a pass as long as he is behind the line of scrimmage? I honestly didn’t know that. Bumping/chucking a RB going out on a route is obviously done all the time but seem like preventing him from continuing his route by grabbing his arm should be a holding penalty. Thanks for the clarification.

I agree that Cam cannot throw that ball just bc he anticipates Harris being able to get to that spot, which is how he explained the mistake post game.

So it is legal to grab a RB by the arm to prevent him from releasing for a pass as long as he is behind the line of scrimmage? I honestly didn’t know that. Bumping/chucking a RB going out on a route is obviously done all the time but seem like preventing him from continuing his route by grabbing his arm should be a holding penalty. Thanks for the clarification.

I agree that Cam cannot throw that ball just bc he anticipates Harris being able to get to that spot, which is how he explained the mistake post game.
Yes. As long as it is within the 5 yard range from the line of scrimmage you can grab him. It was a great play by Donald as he could have rushed Cam but he saw Harris and grabbed him.

Bill making excuses for Cam again this morning in his press conference. I didn’t remember him making excuses for Tom.

it’s clear that Bill was hoping when he took Cam that he was going to be his project to show everybody that he can win without Tom. And since that ship has sailed he can’t really seem to be able to get over it.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back