PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Rams beat the Pats

Disappointed in the defense last night. Poor tackling, no push, getting pushed, disappointed in John Simon one of my favorites and he just didn't have it last night, Bentley, just doesn't show up, Winovich doesn't need to be platooned, just leave him out there. I thought Phillips was the one bright spot, don't know how many tackles he made but he seemed to be in on most of them. Cam puts the offensive players in a tough spot. I will be disappointed if he trots out there for the Miami game. Hmm, disappointed is apparently the word for the day.
Agreed 100% on the defense. Don't know why Wino's snaps were limited again.

If this team had an average QB we’d still have WR’s that made people think Brady was done last year, an offensive line that needs everything perfect to play well because they lack so much depth, and a front seven that could make me look like Walter Payton.

We have a good secondary.
Didn't feel this way at the start of the season but I've completely come around on the take that Brady had he stayed makes this team a contender, at least for a playoff run. He's overcome roster deficiencies like we have. Flawed QB's like Cam or never-will-be's like Stidham can't.

Didn't feel this way at the start of the season but I've completely come around on the take that Brady had he stayed makes this team a contender, at least for a playoff run. He's overcome roster deficiencies like we have. Flawed QB's like Cam or never-will-be's like Stidham can't.
Do you want that, though ? Like, in the end, do you want to watch Brady drag this team to 10-6 and a first round exit ? I undertand if you do, but I don't. He is gone to better weather and better WEAPONS (heehee, patsfans love weapons). He won't win there, but he wasn't winning here either. Unless he's happy with a hat n T-shirt...

I’m curious but who are those mid level pickups at wr or tight end? Right now QB is an uncertainty.
I still wish we had 3rd rounder to give us flexibility in the draft. They need a hr in the draft. Draft well.

I feel like there will be alot of cuts next year with the lowered cap and teams up against or over it. For example the Eagles situation may force them to cut guys like ertz and jeffrey loose, just an example. Its hard in this offense to throw a ton of money at wr before they are proven in this offense so im guessing the bargain bin is where we’ll look, but that bin should be much wider this year hopefully. Henry may be a te bb decides to splurge on though.

Our season in a nutshell, with BB in the role of Cornwallis...

Disappointed in the defense last night. Poor tackling, no push, getting pushed, disappointed in John Simon one of my favorites and he just didn't have it last night, Bentley, just doesn't show up, Winovich doesn't need to be platooned, just leave him out there. I thought Phillips was the one bright spot, don't know how many tackles he made but he seemed to be in on most of them. Cam puts the offensive players in a tough spot. I will be disappointed if he trots out there for the Miami game. Hmm, disappointed is apparently the word for the day.

I thought they settled in okay after the first couple drives, could have been better but they handed the ball to the offense at the rams 30 and held them to 10 points for the half, with a half decent qb we are tied at worst going into half. I think they were a bit demoralized when offense did nothing but make the hole BIGGER. I do agree on simon, much needed upgrade there

If Brady had this healthy Oline, this running game and these receivers last season the Pats would have been SB contenders.
But they weren’t. Last night this offensive line let both QB’s get swallowed up, it’s still too shallow to endure a single injury. The WR Corp is still the worst in the league, we have no TE’s. We have two good RB’s and if we are lucky Harris might prove to be a true feature back.

On defense are front 7 is putrid and we have struggled against the run all year. We have a good secondary but it relies on some older talent.

This team isn’t just a QB away

Like every team before them that had a great HOF QB, the Patriots could also become also rans until they at least find a competent replacement. Look how long teams like Buffalo and Miami have struggled since the days of Kelly and Marino. Lets not even mention the Jets
Great QBs are not easy to find but you can win if you have a competent QB who can manage the game, but the other phases of the team including the offensive supporting cast has to be decent and talented. Make no mistake, COVID gutted our team before the season even started, but the lack of weapons, and slow development of rookies (with no training camp) handcuffed us from day 1. One thing I do know is Cam is not the answer.
I have faith that Bill will turn this around, but after being spoiled for 20 years, we may have to suffer for a while.

But they weren’t. Last night this offensive line let both QB’s get swallowed up, it’s still too shallow to endure a single injury. The WR Corp is still the worst in the league, we have no TE’s. We have two good RB’s and if we are lucky Harris might prove to be a true feature back.

On defense are front 7 is putrid and we have struggled against the run all year. We have a good secondary but it relies on some older talent.

No we are not but it will help a lot and thankfully we have the cap room to help try to fix a lot of issues and the schedule to be competitive.

This roster will be very different next year I think.

Like every team before them that had a great HOF QB, the Patriots could also become also rans until they at least find a competent replacement. Look how long teams like Buffalo and Miami have struggled since the days of Kelly and Marino. Lets not even mention the Jets
Great QBs are not easy to find but you can win if you have a competent QB who can manage the game, but the other phases of the team including the offensive supporting cast has to be decent and talented. Make no mistake, COVID gutted our team before the season even started, but the lack of weapons, and slow development of rookies (with no training camp) handcuffed us from day 1. One thing I do know is Cam is not the answer.
I have faith that Bill will turn this around, but after being spoiled for 20 years, we may have to suffer for a while.
That’s why you are starting to see teams go QB in consecutive drafts. People are starting to realize it’s futile to waste time kicking tires when you can just take multiple high percentage shots and be sure when you get one and then start building

Tough times ahead for sure. It will make 2020 look like a walk in the park....

It's hard to even pretend this team is enjoyable to watch.

Next week will be the first time in my life I willingly don't watch a Pats game.

I don't get that wino did Not play much on early downs. He is our Best edge defender.

If they had a top 15 QB you'd have a different opinion.

confirmation that Josh McD sucks. we knew it for years....we pretended he didnt. he does. he's the hold back. not sure why BB loves him so much apart from loyalty and being from OH

confirmation that Josh McD sucks. we knew it for years....we pretended he didnt. he does. he's the hold back. not sure why BB loves him so much apart from loyalty and being from OH
Everyone knew Cam was going to carry the ball himself at the goal line on 4th down. So... let's run that play anyway and not try to get creative at all and see it fail. Makes sense.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back