PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Raiders beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Phil Perry hinting that hunter Henry felt he needed to step up on that last play bc the coaches were nowhere to be found

His foot is clearly out of bounds as it’s on the line. Tough call. But one that needs to be made. TD overturned. And it’s third down for the Raiders.

The league looks at best foolish. At worst, corrupt. Was the fix in?
The call was bad. I suspect they would have and should have lost. BB is accountable and to blame for all of this.
It is time for him to go at the end of the season

Any word on Kraft?
Has the team had their press conferences yet?

You aren't, among long time fans of this team I think the perspective is after the past 20+ years most of us are in the 'anything else we get is gravy' category. God knows we long timers can handle losing, we sure lived through enough of it. My expectation was no different than you and some others have expressed. I expected 3-5 fairly lean rebuilding/restructuring years and then hopefully a return to a moderate level of respectability with (hopefully) an occasional shot at a title. In other words, the NFL version of a 'successful quiet normal life.'

I thought coming in to the season this was anywhere from a 6 to a 9-10 win team. We've seen better teams here but we've damn sure seen worse.

What I thought we would never see here again was straight up stupid football. Institutionally I honestly felt it had been scrubbed from New England's DNA. This game was a microcosm of the season, with the last play acting as an extra dollop of stupidity sauce but make no mistake, there were plenty of head scratching moments before that. There have been all year. Sure the past 20+ years have certainly spoiled our younger brethren and sistren but I have to admit they spoiled us old hands somewhat too. I was 100% prepared for modest results but I was not psychologically prepared
to watch consistently stupid football.

Maybe I just need some higher proof holiday spirits
I think you nailed it, losing is one thing but losing stupid is another and kind of got my hackles up tonight. A couple more drinks and a good movie and I'll move on.

This was so dumb I don’t think the coaches thought they had to warn against it. It’s like “don’t drink horse dewormer” dumb.
What’s worse is that it isn’t one bad play but a whole suite of mistakes by a lot of people at multiple levels. Almost every game. Not Patriot football.

The case can be made that we are the worst coached team in the NFL. Things need to change immediately whether we win or lose we need to show more discipline, be more strategic and not be so idiotic.

Don't forget the fins game several years ago.
I peg that to a lucky play. The Seattle game was much worse. Meyers play now stands out with the butt fumble and dude from the Colts hiking the ball. Even worse since it was a direct result to a embarrassing loss.

Belichick would still be looking for his 3rd ring if it were not for getting lucky and drafting Brady ......While he will end up in the hall of fame and is one of the smarter coaches in the league (when he was in his glory years), the bottom line is he is overrated and has guys like Brady and Lawrence Taylor along with Bill Parcells to thank a ton for his 'Legacy' ...hes really a joke now and needs to retire...Sean Payton is the best guy for next year who can get this team back on track if he wants to come to this poor situation. - Like it or not the fact is the Patriots will never get back to being an elite team until this coaching staff including BB has left the building and the true rebuild begins,its not what has happened in the past,its NOW and NOW is the time to let him go Mr. Kraft

Twitter is having a lot of fun with this

The fake punt was clearly worse. At least you can argue the lateral was something to try to win that went bad. That fake punt was something they actually drew up and practiced.

The fake punt was clearly worse. At least you can argue the lateral was something to try to win that went bad. That fake punt was something they actually drew up and practiced.
The fake punt didn’t lose the game. This one did.

Belichick would still be looking for his 3rd ring if it were not for getting lucky and drafting Brady ......While he will end up in the hall of fame and is one of the smarter coaches in the league (when he was in his glory years), the bottom line is he is overrated and has guys like Brady and Lawrence Taylor along with Bill Parcells to thank a ton for his 'Legacy' ...hes really a joke now and needs to retire...Sean Payton is the best guy for next year who can get this team back on track if he wants to come to this poor situation. - Like it or not the fact is the Patriots will never get back to being an elite team until this coaching staff including BB has left the building and the true rebuild begins,its not what has happened in the past,its NOW and NOW is the time to let him go Mr. Kraft
A lot of great coaches have had down years not ready to throw BB in the retirement home yet, I think Kraft gives him at least another year to figure things out.

The case can be made that we are the worst coached team in the NFL. Things need to change immediately whether we win or lose we need to show more discipline, be more strategic and not be so idiotic.
Do you watch more than one game a week?

Those defending the Mac Jones lay down after the Chandler Jones int better be prepared to do it for a long time.

Cuz like that Andre the Giant fart on the filming of The Princess Bride, it will be talked about and laughed at for a. long. time.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back