PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Raiders beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Bill asked about calling the timeout before the touchdown pass, he said they had the wrong play for that situation, well it couldn’t have been that wrong because the play was successful in scoring a touchdown.
Obviously they had the RIGHT PLAY and Mac was COMFORTABLE running it….and BB and the other TWO STOOGES Don’t know their QB and called TO while Mac and O scored a FCKING TD!!!! Talk about not being on same page!!! BB is outta touch!!!

I cannot be the only one who, after 20 years of dominance and 6 SB's, said we are playing with house money as fans. Nothing else matters.

They are putting it to the test though.

I was seriously upset after the Miami bullshyt when Gronk attempted to play defense. But that was a high stakes game. And that loss did allow us to lose HFA and then beat the Chiefs in KC. So in the end, it was worth it.

But this one doesn't even upset me. Maybe I just don't see this team as a playoff team anyway. Or maybe I really am content after a 20 year run no other fans have ever seen.

Maybe I'm just filled with Christmas spirit (and some alcohol).
I like going to the playoffs no matter if it's a sure fire 99% loss.

A crud Jets team once beat the Patriots in this circumstance 12 years ago.

I like going to the playoffs.

Sin City Lateral

The Wrong Jones Reverse

Hot Potato Incoming

The Grinch who stole the TD

Somehow the Colt's collapse wasn't the biggest choke job of the weekend. Thanks Meyers.

This is as stupid for blaming Gronk on that Kenyan Drake play...

nah gronks a wimpy bum, couldnt even make a tackle when his team needed him as the last line of defense

total wussy pathetic bum

Did I do it right?

What a crock

Obviously they felt like he “dragged” the back foot…..correct?! Hard to see if back foot made contact or not!

He'll go coach another team. Not retire. As soon as the demand is even broached, he'll say no. If Kraft doesn't already understand this, he's stupid.
Honestly that's another issue. Bill has a mess here, and Kraft is relying on him to clean it, and Kraft if he fired Bill would watch a team like the Chargers or Broncos hire Bill in 5 minutes and he'd go get some pretty talented teams and probably spend 4-5 years doing well with them in whatever window they had.

Either way it might be time for Kraft to just accept the era is over and it probably ended when Brady left.

Kraft should fire Patricia just for calling a ****ing draw when it could have been a kneel down and go to OT

I like going to the playoffs no matter if it's a sure fire 99% loss.

A crud Jets team once beat the Patriots in this circumstance 12 years ago.

I like going to the playoffs.
As do I. Just part of me knows this is not a playoff team and is dulling any anger.

Or, again, it may just be the alcohol.

Obviously they had the RIGHT PLAY and Mac was COMFORTABLE running it….and BB and the other TWO STOOGES Don’t know their QB and called TO while Mac and O scored a FCKING TD!!!! Talk about not being on same page!!! BB is outta touch!!!
BB is right.

You're on the 1/2 yard line. Frickin QB sneak it! Run it. Ultimately it is Bill and the coaches fault for not running it 4x, BUT I'd rather do the play that Jonnu screwed up rather than the play where Mac threw a TD. I have no problem with the timeout. I have a problem with the playcalls preceding it.

Calm down, everyone. Let’s just drop this. Go to bed. Read Charles ****ens. And resume in the morning.

We’ve been spoiled by this team for several decades. But games like today are brutal.

We were the better team and should have won. But being overly conservative, bad refing, and a massive miscue made us lose to a weak team.

This was right up there for me with the Seattle game of 1986. Buffoonery.

Yeah, now in the top three of the worst, most mind-boggling plays in NFL history.
How did the Pats go from being regarded as one of the, if not the, most disciplined, well coached teams in NFL history to a Clown Circus?
How?! It’s called Tom Brady ….in his Prime….sad to see hm in there right now…he is done…..

Honestly that's another issue. Bill has a mess here, and Kraft is relying on him to clean it, and Kraft if he fired Bill would watch a team like the Chargers or Broncos hire Bill in 5 minutes and he'd go get some pretty talented teams and probably spend 4-5 years doing well with them in whatever window they had.

Either way it might be time for Kraft to just accept the era is over and it probably ended when Brady left.
The problem is that you're right at the end of a rebuild. Cut bait now, and you're spinning your wheels. And for what? A ride on the ol' coaching merry-go-round? Let it ride, let it play out. Have some patience.

I cannot be the only one who, after 20 years of dominance and 6 SB's, said we are playing with house money as fans. Nothing else matters.

They are putting it to the test though.

I was seriously upset after the Miami bullshyt when Gronk attempted to play defense. But that was a high stakes game. And that loss did allow us to lose HFA and then beat the Chiefs in KC. So in the end, it was worth it.

But this one doesn't even upset me. Maybe I just don't see this team as a playoff team anyway. Or maybe I really am content after a 20 year run no other fans have ever seen.

Maybe I'm just filled with Christmas spirit (and some alcohol).

You aren't, among long time fans of this team I think the perspective is after the past 20+ years most of us are in the 'anything else we get is gravy' category. God knows we long timers can handle losing, we sure lived through enough of it. My expectation was no different than you and some others have expressed. I expected 3-5 fairly lean rebuilding/restructuring years and then hopefully a return to a moderate level of respectability with (hopefully) an occasional shot at a title. In other words, the NFL version of a 'successful quiet normal life.'

I thought coming in to the season this was anywhere from a 6 to a 9-10 win team. We've seen better teams here but we've damn sure seen worse.

What I thought we would never see here again was straight up stupid football. Institutionally I honestly felt it had been scrubbed from New England's DNA. This game was a microcosm of the season, with the last play acting as an extra dollop of stupidity sauce but make no mistake, there were plenty of head scratching moments before that. There have been all year. Sure the past 20+ years have certainly spoiled our younger brethren and sistren but I have to admit they spoiled us old hands somewhat too. I was 100% prepared for modest results but I was not psychologically prepared
to watch consistently stupid football.

Maybe I just need some higher proof holiday spirits

Kraft should fire Patricia just for calling a ****ing draw when it could have been a kneel down and go to OT

Patricia trying to look like an offensive genius...

And since when does Patricia have the authority to call a TO?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back