PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Pats with a crazy win against Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow and to Avacado Ice Cream, FCB02050 and Capatin Stone (and a couple of others) who picked the Steelers and were giddy about them killing the Pats

You know what you are. No need for me to say it here.

I disagree. Say it here! Shame away! Entertainment value!:)

It continues to amaze me (though we now see it all the time) how desperate teams get to beat the Patriots that they end up doing dumb sh*t. This is becoming almost a weekly happening. NE really is in the minds of all 31 other teams, coaches, owners and the league office. LOL

Last edited:
Gotta hand it to the squealers they came up with a good game plan. We gave up too many 3rd down completions. They where 10-16. Hopefully we get Van Noy back soon.
Steelers can blame themselves for only scoring 7 pts off a short field in the 2nd half. As poor as our defense was, they did not let them get away.

Oh. Just watched.

**** me pink. That's the funniest game I've ever seen.

Steelers can blame themselves for only scoring 7 pts off a short field in the 2nd half. As poor as our defense was, they did not let them get away.
Yeah, for some reason it seemed as though the secondary and defense in general weren’t doing their jobs too well, but like you said, they only allowed 7 points in the second half. I think there were a few plays like the Smith-Schuster one that made things appear a bit worse then they were.

The woman to his left chuckling at the guy's antics is awesome. It is funny to be watching someone have an episode over a game (assuming they aren't one to go violent and start smashing TVs etc).
I really don't have a problem with the verbal outbursts. Emotions run high for these games and verbal outbursts at the TV can be part of the team fan-atics. But when you start throwing things? That's trotting into psychotic territory. Fortunately it appeared just a plastic bowl full of potato chips and at least he was joking/laughing at the end of the video. You get guys who have rage so bad where they can't calm down some/let it go - even start smashing glass/hard objects at walls, lights and electronic equipment. I think in fact that is medically defined as psychosis or psychotic that if you did that in front of a policeman or a doctor they would put you on a 24 hour hold with a straight jacket.
My old man was known to go through a TV or three back in the day. Bad gambling problem. Was tough to watch.

I think once you cross the line and start throwing things, it’s hard to go back. I’ve thrown a few small items into the couch cushion some years back and kicked an ex-gf’s purse over (extra innings game 7 of the WS...Omar Visquel), but that’s when I was younger and nuttier. Now I’m a bit older and nuttier, and I actually have stuff that I don’t want to break or mess up. Lol.

The notion that you have to have a mental issue to be tossing things around is absurd. However, today's televisions are both too expensive and too fragile to be risking damage over a bad call or tough loss (or the ever popular request that you "come look at this" in the last two minutes of an exciting game). For those who do enjoy tossing the occasional shoe or the like, I recommend purchasing something like foam bricks. Lightweight and not likely to cause damage, they let you enjoy a good throw out of frustration without the "Oh, ****!" factor that can so often result.

My old man was known to go through a TV or three back in the day. Bad gambling problem. Was tough to watch.

I think once you cross the line and start throwing things, it’s hard to go back. I’ve thrown a few small items into the couch cushion some years back and kicked an ex-gf’s purse over (extra innings game 7 of the WS...Omar Visquel), but that’s when I was younger and nuttier. Now I’m a bit older and nuttier, and I actually have stuff that I don’t want to break or mess up. Lol.

Same story. My reaction to the giant 70 yard gain they allowed at the end was essentially getting up from my seat and leaning against the wall. The same wall I might or might not have punched about 10 years ago in a SB loss that should not be named.

He wasnt benched but there was just no matchup for him in this game. You he is not tall enough to play against Bryant and not physical enough to play against Schuster. He would have been a good backup against Brown because of DMac/Harmon helping out over the top on that matchup.

Jones isn't as physical as Rowe, but surely there's a benefit to better coverage, no? Maybe it's just me, but I trust JonJon to be in s hip pocket more.

Unless it's a fade to the corner of the EZ or the like (either the receiver makes the catch or it's out of bounds), that was epic dumb. Steelers all but have OT secure. All they need to do is not turn it over. So you throw the ball into the middle in tight coverage with all kinds of defenders around. An epic stupid risk far beyond Carroll's SB call.

It was even dumber considering no one else went out for a route, so it was nothing but white jerseys in the area

:)

I was probably a bit tough on the Chips thrower guy -- chips ain't going to create anything but a mess -- or even just the remote control on the cushion. But TV smashing? Man that must have been tough to see from your parent. Smashing electronics and valuables in the house? in front of kids or even others in general? That is a serious problem (I think it's called the Elvis Presley Syndrome :)).

I am speechless....wow, just wow....What a win. Great game....Division champs again!!!!!

Gronk...great game!!!!!!!! I love this team, they never give up...let's discuss!!!!
Games like this are why you loves sports...the thrill of victory followed by the agony of defeat followed by the thrill of victory and all in under one minute.

So may big plays but 2 stand out. Without the 2 pt conversion the Steelers kick a FG and win the game after that ridiculous 60+ yd reception/run by JuJu. And that tackle by Malcolm which kept the clock running and brought mass chaos to the Steelers was just huge. Makes me absolutely sick that BB signed that stiff on the other corner to big bucks and because if it Malcolm will leave.
All this guy does is make clutch plays. Great win!!

Gronk was a god damn beast in this game i still can't believe the defense gave up that play to Juju, that was brutal.

So fortunate that didn't lose the game, very unusual for the Patriots to make a mistake like that at the end of the game.
The non pick call was a disgrace by the refs on that juju play, the fact that they let that one go, almost caused a loss. Luckily they got the non TD catch correct.

There were plenty of positives in this game.
- Fleming held up very well.
- Gronk looked even more Gronk-like than normal.
- Kenny Britt got his 1st reception.
- Matt Slater made a magnificent play on the punt coverage to down the ball at the 3.

I agree with this. I watched the game and was off the game day thread and never thought the Pats were out of it. I thought it was competitive and the Pats D, without Van Noy and Branch, played better then expected.

Peter King on Twitter

“This is the first time in NFL history that the New England-PIttsburgh rivalry has been led by the Patriots.”

Wins
NE 16
Pit 15 (Includes playoff games)

Damn, we won a SB without Gronk. Jules is really really good.

Damn, we may win a SB without Jules. Gronk is really really really good.

I hope we get atleast one more season of these two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back