PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Pats with a crazy win against Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray Fittipaldo on Twitter

The most overlooked statistic from the Steelers-Patriots game: Steelers six penalties for 63 yards; Patriots two penalties for 4 yards. Tony Corrente's crew entered the game with the most penalty calls of all NFL crews.

The most overlooked statistic from the Steelers-Patriots game: Steelers six penalties for 63 yards; Patriots two penalties for 4 yards. Tony Corrente's crew entered the game with the most penalty calls of all NFL crews.
Trust me, Steelers fans are not overlooking it. Lol

Last edited:
People are still complaining about Gilmore?

Mike Tomlin doesn’t have HD? Damn is he bucking for a Tablet upgrade from the league?

Right call, more hatriots fuel, who cares. Anything we win somebody has an excuse.

Last edited:
I love it!!

I work in DC and most of my co-workers are anti-Patriots. The CEO is a huge Steelers fan and he's been talking junk all last week.

Watching all the tears today at work is gonna be glorious!

I love this team :)

Not surprising if you have a coach that doesnt really seem to have much composure under pressure. I mean he literally ran onto the field after the Gronk catch to call timeout instead of just letting the ref on the sideline know:

LDC2dFU.jpg

I know Thuney is getting heat for allowing 4 sacks in the last 3 games but it is not like he is an outlier:

I hope we can get Waddle fully healthy and playing like he did against the Chargers until the playoffs because he only played like 14 snaps yesterday and Fleming is nice emergency depth but can be gameplanned against and specifically targeted.

Not surprising if you have a coach that doesnt really seem to have much composure under pressure. I mean he literally ran onto the field after the Gronk catch to call timeout instead of just letting the ref on the sideline know:

LDC2dFU.jpg

Well he has to look like he’s doing a heck of a job.

One of the highlights of the game for me (other than the unbelievable ending! Shades of the end of SB 49!) was when the Pats & Brady took the field for their last TD drive, and they showed a stat saying Brady has had 50 4th quarter comebacks in his career, and Tony Romo literally yelled, "50 comebacks?! Is that a real stat?!" and Jim Nance calmly said, "yes it is." LOL, make that 51!!!

Edit - Apparently that was No. 52 Tony!

Last edited:
He should look into clapping. I heard that works for some..

He’s a showboater. He usually jumps up and down too. It’s because of this attitude that has people believing he is a great headcoach. It’s like doing chores when we were kids, we only did real work when our parents were watching.

Yeah, for some reason it seemed as though the secondary and defense in general weren’t doing their jobs too well, but like you said, they only allowed 7 points in the second half. I think there were a few plays like the Smith-Schuster one that made things appear a bit worse then they were.

It seemed to me, while watching the game live, that Bell disappeared a bit in Q4, so I checked the play-by-play this morning:

On the Steelers three Q4 drives (2 punts and the ill-fated "TD" drive), in 20 plays Bell had 4 totes for a total of 12 yds and one catch for 4 yds (no YAC). Conner had 3 totes, including an 8-yarder that was called back of offensive holding (that was kind of a weak call, actually).

Until JuJu's 69-yard breakout catch-and-run, the Steelers had gained a total of 32 yards on 13 plays using almost 9 minutes of clock time in Q4.

In the second half, the Steelers got a TD on a 5-play/22-yard drive after the pick, plus JuJus 69-yarder. Aside from that, they were held to 66 yds, 4 1st downs and 3 punts in 20 plays, and Roethlisberger was 5/7 for 20 yards passing in the second half.

One mistake by Brady led to the Steelers' final score to go up 24-16. One mistake by the defense made it a close finish.

My old man was known to go through a TV or three back in the day. Bad gambling problem. Was tough to watch.

I think once you cross the line and start throwing things, it’s hard to go back. I’ve thrown a few small items into the couch cushion some years back and kicked an ex-gf’s purse over (extra innings game 7 of the WS...Omar Visquel), but that’s when I was younger and nuttier. Now I’m a bit older and nuttier, and I actually have stuff that I don’t want to break or mess up. Lol.

I threw my empty plastic Coke bottle into the recycling bin with more force than was really necessary. Does that count?

People are still complaining about Gilmore?

They should. When your $65M man has to cover DHB because he was getting abused by Bryant, complaints are warranted. Gilmore, Thuney, and Jordan Richards all had rough games yesterday. Richards at least bailed himself out of whatever that was (I wouldn't even call it an attempt at a tackle) on the Juju crossing route.

EDIT: Almost forgot to mention Rowe. He had a terrible game yesterday as well. That said, like Richards, he also bailed himself out at the end.

O-line stats:

Note that Waddle replaced Fleming for the Pats last two drives (FG, TD), and Brady stayed pretty clean.

EDIT: According to Reiss, Waddle came on in relief of Fleming "late in the FIRST half in what may have been a planned rotation", and Fleming returned (sometime later). So, NOT how I had it distributed.

Pats' drives:
First Half ...
... 6 plays = TD
... 5 plays = punt (sack)
... 9 plays = FG (2 pressures)
(... 1 play kneel down)

Second half ...
... 12 plays = TD
... 5 plays = interception (2 pressures)
... 5 plays = punt (pressure)
... 9 plays = FG (pressure + sack)
... 5 plays = TD (pressure)
(... 1 play kneel down)

Assuming that Waddle didn't enter in the middle of a drive, I'd guess that he must have come in for the Pats' first have FG (plus, perhaps, the kneel-down).

Which 5-snap dive Waddle was in for in the second half, IDK. In any case, he wasn't noted as allowing either a sack or pressure.

Last edited:
OT here a bit: my damned DVR apparently didn't record the game...anyone know when the replay will be? Been looking, can't find it.

HELP!!!!!!!!

Tony Romo only won 80 games in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back