PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OFFICIAL POST-GAME THREAD - PATS v. Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else agree with some of us that the terrible Brady pick early in the third when we were tied at 14 was because we had stopped running and the Ravens were playing pass all the way. That's why their middle linebacker, I think called a Mike, dropped back so fast in the center of the field. Does anyone else agree with us that running the ball should be figured more prominently next week?

Look, Brady made a bad throw - that could have been a huge gain if he puts air under it. Brady was a beast all game outside of that, but that play was about execution, not scheme.

Can someone explain why BB did not challenge Incomplete pass/forward call of Flacco in their final drive? Ravens took a time out, we took a time out but never challenged it. It would have been 4 th and 20 or so if it was called rightly. How did we miss it?

What a great feeling it is when the Pats win the first game of divisional weekend. Now we can sit back, relax and enjoy the games.

Today gives Peyton a chance to get another One & Done trophy (his 9th in 14 playoffs). Good luck P6.

Harbaugh was too busy crying/whining to the refs to coach his team.

Belichick had his team work hard on long passes during the week. It worked.

How about another new name for Belichick? Belitrick. I have dibs on that one.

I am looking at Edelman posing in his new "The Pass" Tshirt, thinking about Amendola making those sweet plays, Lafell catching those perfect passes, Gronk going Gronk, whole team having fun, and I just think...

"Sucks to be Welker."

Can someone explain why BB did not challenge Incomplete pass/forward call of Flacco in their final drive? Ravens took a time out, we took a time out but never challenged it. It would have been 4 th and 20 or so if it was called rightly. How did we miss it?

It's been mentioned a few times on here I think - it's pretty clear Flacco was trying to shovel-pass that ball to the RB right in front of him. So it's just an incomplete pass.

During the game I was appalled at the commentary from posters in the Ravens/Pats game day thread... I checked several times during the game and was amazed at the level of negativity about the familiar(Felgerian and Borgian) themes of "Brady is declining", "BB does not know how to coach", "Patricia needs to be replaced", "wasted draft picks"... are all these folks from the "short attention span theater", either that or they were drunk or do not understand this team..

Those comptemptable losers are a disgrace to the franchise.
Most of them rarely post on this part of the forum although some do.
I'm NOT criticizing anyone who thought we were screwed or any legit crit of poor plays by the team or players but the kinds of comments above. I blame the Boston media mindset that has infected listeners & readers.

Ben Volin:

Love-and-Other-Drugs.gif

And I mean what's the deal with this "play-action"? They act like they're handing it to the running back but then it's really a pass. that just not fair! Deception!

Those comptemptable losers are a disgrace to the franchise.
Most of them rarely post on this part of the forum although some do.
I'm NOT criticizing anyone who thought we were screwed or any legit crit of poor plays by the team or players but the kinds of comments above. I blame the Boston media mindset that has infected listeners & readers.

We all make choices, for them they believe the propaganda of Felger, Borges, Shaunnessy et al.. I could not believe how much they were simply regurgitating the talking points of those who spew venom on this team... bad O line, Brady is washed up, they did not draft_____, they did not resign____, BB does not know how to coach, Particia is a lousy D coordinator, Mankins is right next to god etc.

Edgy is ok, idiotic and misinformed is not.. I hope they were all drunk, at least then they would some sort of excuse...

Simply, risk/reward.. timeouts are about as good as gold, so what are the odds that something will be overturned??? His eyes in the box Ernie Adams et al, reviewed what they saw and told BB it was not worth the risk...

What a great feeling it is when the Pats win the first game of divisional weekend. Now we can sit back, relax and enjoy the games.

Today gives Peyton a chance to get another One & Done trophy (his 9th in 14 playoffs). Good luck P6.

Harbaugh was too busy crying/whining to the refs to coach his team.

Belichick had his team work hard on long passes during the week. It worked.

How about another new name for Belichick? Belitrick. I have dibs on that one.
And a new name for the Pats: the Greatriots!

You guys know what is most sweet about this victory?

Forget that it's the god damn Ravens - a team hated everywhere, not just here because of our history with them. Legitimate rivals.

Not because everyone stepped up and did their part.

Not because Tom was Tom and delivered like a true hall of famer.

Not because we're moving on.

But because for the first time in I don't know how long, we got punched in the mouth first, and then punched BACK.

This team has HEART. That's what we've been missing all these years. This team has CHARACTER which is an ingredient in championship teams that goes overlooked and cannot be measured.

You guys know what is most sweet about this victory?

But because for the first time in I don't know how long, we got punched in the mouth first, and then punched BACK.

This team has HEART. That's what we've been missing all these years. This team has CHARACTER which is an ingredient in championship teams that goes overlooked and cannot be measured.

Spot on!
What I really liked was that the Ravens started knocking the snot out of TFB, not just the sacks but they hit him HARD just after the throw. Legally, but hard. The Brady basher myth that says "Hit Tom a couple times and he'll be neutralized" died a glorious death in this game for the ages.

It's been mentioned a few times on here I think - it's pretty clear Flacco was trying to shovel-pass that ball to the RB right in front of him. So it's just an incomplete pass.

I thought it was a Tuck Rule pass incompletion, except the Tuck rule has been repealed. Could have been sort of poetic Justice if the Ravens won. Live by the Tuck Rule, Die by the Tuck Rule.

I am looking at Edelman posing in his new "The Pass" Tshirt, thinking about Amendola making those sweet plays, Lafell catching those perfect passes, Gronk going Gronk, whole team having fun, and I just think...

"Sucks to be Welker."
Not to rain on your parade but welker beat the patriots in last years afccg and will probably be here next week to try again.
Going to Denver has not been bad for him YET
Other than playing with a concussion creating QB.

Other than that Mrs Lincoln, how'd you like the play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe