PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Pats shut out the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy take...he missed two blocks on the goal line for Sony. When he plays defense he misses tackles, so at least he's consistent.;)

He did have a good block on the 2nd Michel TD, though..

Has acting or in name only TE Eric Tomlinson been released yet?? Gotta think we can do better than him with that Roster spot. Tomlinson is Big for nothing.:rolleyes:

They had a lot of help from NY. That was the worst officiated game of all until the Detroit at GB game the following night...
...and until the Pats - Jete game last night...absolutely brutal...Wise was on the verge of losing his jersey on one particular play because he was being held THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRETY OF HIS RUSH...disgraceful.

You think Michel is the issue? Guess you weren't really watching the game because there wasn't anything there for him to get most of the time. The best "FB" they had was Ferentz followed by Roberts. Tomlinson had ONE good block all game. Other than that, he made Izzo look like Dwayne Allen.
Nobody makes Izzo look like Dwayne Allen...Tomlinson's blocking is still >>>>>> Izzo's "blocking."

Among the very many dumb moves by Jets last night, the dumbest has to be agreeing to letting Nuke Laloosh be mic'ed up live.

Maybe they thought this would be an awesome documenting of the turning point in the Jets franchise but, bad judgment overall. I was also surprised they were able to report he said the "ghosts" bit — there must be some pre-agreement on what they can report? And some in-game screening by the league or team?

Clearly, @gobesmug missed the reference to Darnold with your statement.. Wonder if he figures it out...
I have no clue why you are singling me out. I gave a genius rating, not out of sarcasm, but because I thought it was a clever post.

I blame the Jets fans for making Darnold seeing ghosts with their chorus of boos;)

Pats D only allowing 4 points a game thru 7 games? No matter the teams they've had to face, that's amazing. The D is being compared to the greatest defenses ever, in a league engineered to make it easier for offenses to score more than ever. What they've done so far is unthinkable.

Among the very many dumb moves by Jets last night, the dumbest has to be agreeing to letting Nuke Laloosh be mic'ed up live.

Maybe they thought this would be an awesome documenting of the turning point in the Jets franchise but, bad judgment overall. I was also surprised they were able to report he said the "ghosts" bit — there must be some pre-agreement on what they can report? And some in-game screening by the league or team?

Letting that quote get to air was a decision made by an NFL films guy, who's job is partly to decide what to air. According to reports, his superiors are not happy with this decision. So we could be looking at a quote that costs an NFL films guy his job or position.

And, let's be honest. Pretty much every player who's going to get mic'd up is going to say something that shouldn't get onto television.

Letting that quote get to air was a decision made by an NFL films guy, who's job is partly to decide what to air. According to reports, his superiors are not happy with this decision. So we could be looking at a quote that costs an NFL films guy his job or position.

And, let's be honest. Pretty much every player who's going to get mic'd up is going to say something that shouldn't get onto television.

I noticed that Deus didn't mention his source for the fact that it was an NFL Films Guy. Mahnesh Mahta is who is reporting that it was NFL Films and not ESPN that accounted for that "lapse".

Not sure about the "no injuries". Michel tweaked his knee.

He walked off the field under his own power though.....but yeah...could miss some time...hope not.

I noticed that Deus didn't mention his source for the fact that it was an NFL Films Guy. Mahnesh Mahta is who is reporting that it was NFL Films and not ESPN that accounted for that "lapse".

Film guy a Pats fan?

I blame the Jets fans for making Darnold seeing ghosts with their chorus of boos;)
i wonder if Fireman Ed stormed out of the stadium again threatening to quit.

i wonder if Fireman Ed stormed out of the stadium again threatening to quit.
Can you imagine being a blue-collar guy who went into hock to pay the $10k per seat license to buy your tickets?

Last edited:
Watson looked like he might be a few years ago but has regressed. Wilson is a solid starter but not elite.

Wilson is elite and has been for years. He's likely the MVP of the season to date. Watson is terrific, he's just saddled with a bad line and a mediocre coach.

I think there are a lot of good young QBs out there. Perhaps Mahomes is the only one to pierce the Brady/Manning stratosphere, but the idea that there is a dearth of young arms is a few years out of date.

Hope it is not too serious...be well.

Still alive and in rehab after the hospital, this is serious but haven't missed a game yet thanks to TV scheduling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes