PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats Destroy the Jets

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

That was a good read, thanx. i like this paragraph

He could have instead called her privately and said, “Please stop mommy, defensive linemen and big ass linebackers are laughing at me and it’s making me sad. I don’t need you take my picture in my first day at training camp and I don’t need you acting like that on Instagram, please stop.” ....The biggest difference between LaVar Ball and Lisa Wilson is LaVar Ball has great basketball players for sons. Lisa Wilson has a first round bust for a son.

Magic Kingdom has stepped up their game lately.

As weak as Epcot has become, it is still my favorite place. Fish and chips in England with one of those yards of beer while sitting on a bench by the waterfall in Canada.

I know I am getting old when I mention that before any rides!

Not really.

Many people had doubts.
No. No one with a brain thought belichick suddenly wasn’t belichick any more. That affliction was limited to negative posters on this board and media looking for attention.

the salary is basically set by the cap and draft slot... but things like when the bonus is paid, how much of the bonus is paid- upfront or spread out, injury/skill guarantee offsets etc not so much, are negotiable
I think the cap number is dictated by the slot. It wouldn’t make sense to cap the salary and ignore the bonus.

I wouldn't totally trash the defense, but I think it is was ok at best.
I think they completely changed their approach after the third score. They were in a lot of man then started playing their typical yards for time sets especially when Wilson went out.

As weak as Epcot has become, it is still my favorite place. Fish and chips in England with one of those yards of beer while sitting on a bench by the waterfall in Canada.

I know I am getting old when I mention that before any rides!
Epcot is legit. They’re having the food and wine festival. That was always my favorite time to go. By the time the fireworks happen, everyone is blackout drunk.

OL looked WAY better with Onwenu at RT and Karras covering LG duties... Many of us have been hoping for that move for a while, glad to see it. Very curious what exactly they'll do when Brown comes back... I have to wonder if he'll play LT.
I have no idea why it took so long to recognize that his position is RT…period.

Lynch will be fired for this one. Just a matter of time. Terrible to trade 3 firsts and then for a clown QB (bcg's favorite) in Trey Lance.

The Pats hit lightning twice and it's still amazing Mac fell to the Pats as the 5th QB picked despite having the best college QB season ever.

That's really not fair. EVERYONE knew that Lance had uber physical gifts, but he also was coming into the league with the LEAST experience of any of the big 5 QB's. IIRC he only played about 3 games his last season at a 1AA school. I would have been massively surprised he he HADN'T sucked at this point of his career. But his story won't be written this season. Who knows he might never get "it" and the league will always be too fast for him.

Now if you are looking for a bust among the first round QB's. I give you Justin Fields. When you compare his experience vs TB with Mac's, its like night an day. He REALLY looked helpless out there.

How long does Salah last in NY? I hope he doesn’t have a lengthy contract.

I have no idea why it took so long to recognize that his position is RT…period.
They were trying to get their best 5 OL on the field, i.e (from left to right) Wynn, Owenu, Andrews, and Brown. That looked to be a dominant line in preseason. So the real question is why BB didn't move Owenu to RT sooner when Brown went out, particularly as Owenu is a much better RT than anyone else and Karras is a better guard than any of their other backup RT's are tackles.

That's really not fair. EVERYONE knew that Lance had uber physical gifts, but he also was coming into the league with the LEAST experience of any of the big 5 QB's. IIRC he only played about 3 games his last season at a 1AA school. I would have been massively surprised he he HADN'T sucked at this point of his career. But his story won't be written this season. Who knows he might never get "it" and the league will always be too fast for him.

Now if you are looking for a bust among the first round QB's. I give you Justin Fields. When you compare his experience vs TB with Mac's, its like night an day. He REALLY looked helpless out there.
It was idiotic to risk trading what the 9ers traded for a guy who’s barely played when they could’ve stayed where they were at and grabbed him.

Because the bust rate on top drafted QB’s are so high, if you think he’s a bust, you’re probably right.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Back