PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Titans

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Barmore was leading the DLine in snaps during their 5 game streak, around 45 snaps a game. Yesterday Barmore's snaps went way down to what he was doing the first 6 wks when they went 2-4, 30'ish snaps. Godchaux yesterday leading the DLine in snaps = crappy runD. Simple as that. Go back to Barmore leading the DLine in snaps, he's their best DLineman. Wonder if he's a little dinged up.

But they won so whatever. I think the score would have felt different if JC didn't pick one in the endzone and then also punch out a fumble on another drive. Giving up 270 rushing yards is unbelievably bad, but somehow the D didn't give up points.

must be pretty banged up is my guess. Thankfully have the bye coming up in case thats still an issue in a couple weeks

Although I have to say Tom, I read many posts on here saying...we'll see what this team is made of when we play the Panthers, then the Chargers, then it was Cleveland, and the the Titans.....so who knows, maybe we will find out more about ourselves against the Bills, but there is no team out there that I have seen that I'm like...we can't compete with them......This has been a fun ride

I hear what you're saying and I'm not saying the Pats aren't competitive. But I think the Bills, Colts, Ravens and Chiefs are the best teams in the conference not named the Patriots. They haven't played those teams. That's why I'm skeptical of the teams they've beaten. Except for the undermanned Titans, the teams they have beaten are basically mediocre. I hope that changes on Monday night.

Adam Butler of the 1 sack and 4 QB hits and 1 TFL and 3 PD? Oh.. He's played 55% of Miami's defensive snaps at 456. 331 of Butler's snaps have been on the Pass-Rush.

Compared to Godchaux who has 38 tackles, 1 sack, 5 QB Hits, 2 TFL, and 1 FF? While taking 57% of the snaps (439). Just 230 of Godchaux's snaps have been on the pass rush.

If Butler was such a better pass-rusher as you claim, wouldn't he have more sacks and QB hits considering he's played more snaps?

Also, they aren't really playing the same position. Butler isn't lining up as a NT where as Godchaux is.
Different teams and everything that comes with it... Im not dismissing your point, Im just saying that the "yes" you are looking for comes with lotsof "buts"

Look, Id like to see plays where he makes good things. Numbers and stats wont really change my mind, Bc he is as Average as it goes in everything that I found, and those are usually the harder dots to explain, lost in sea of data. Heck, even the fumble was hard to find, comparatively to other big plays (and i did see it already).

All in all, if my biggest worry in the starting line-up is the "#2 DT, is a good team we are talking, so obviously the standards are higher

Captain Stone, despite probably never having seen Bourne play, has posted since the day that they signed him that he isn’t worth that feckin “big” lcontract. Whom are you going to believe, the Captain or your lyin’ eyes?

I think you can add Jalen Mills to that list at 4 years, $24M total. Amazing value. The guy must have had no other offers. Is he great? No. But he competes, he cares, and he is above average. $6M a year for a DB is a below average contract. Great value.

I don’t think we “let them run all over us.” There was an effort to stop it, but the lighter fronts (after the second series) meant more YPC on the ground and choking everything off underneath and intermediate.

Agreed. Tannehill was good against the bigger D fronts. But I do wonder what BB will do if we face the Titans again with Henry? Play the bigger D front, live with Tannehill's short passing success, and out score the Titans with a rookie QB?

I hear what you're saying and I'm not saying the Pats aren't competitive. But I think the Bills, Colts, Ravens and Chiefs are the best teams in the conference not named the Patriots. They haven't played those teams. That's why I'm skeptical of the teams they've beaten. Except for the undermanned Titans, the teams they have beaten are basically mediocre. I hope that changes on Monday night.
Well it won't change Monday night. Whatever happens, there will be some new excuse about it

Is anybody worried that our running game was basically non existant?

Agreed. Tannehill was good against the bigger D fronts. But I do wonder what BB will do if we face the Titans again with Henry? Play the bigger D front, live with Tannehill's short passing success, and out score the Titans with a rookie QB?
The Tits scored 13 points and had 355 total yards. Once we moved exclusively to nickel and dime, Tanny went 3-13 and the Titans scored 7 points the rest of the game.

Seeing how they ran for 270 yds on the ground and we still stayed in sub I don't think Henry would have made a difference.

No. TN is a very good defense. Took a little time to get going.

Sometimes fatties need to get a little tired for things to open up on the ground.

Agreed, and that was evident in the 4th quarter when the Patriots needed a drive to really put the game away, and ended up chewing 6 minutes of clock and kicking a FG to go up 16, most of that (all of it?) on the ground. Then the next drive they end up running it in, though by that point the game was just about over. We've seen better from them against good run D's (like Cleveland's), but in the end they wore the Titans down.

Yeah we would probably move out of the Nickel base, play a heavier front, and live with the play action. Or he could throw a rope-a-dope at all of us and play Nickel/Dime as the base and “give them” the run.

The non call on Tannehill's big run was wild. The Titan lineman literally grabbed our defender and spun him around then tackled him. A Patriots started complaining right away before Tannehill even got to the LOS on his run.

If you're referring to his run with about 3 minutes left in the 1st quarter (at the 1:42 mark below),

then yeah there were a couple of bodies on the ground, but I looked and couldn't find anything really egregious on the part of their OLmen, at least not in that particular case...

Last edited:
The Tits scored 13 points and had 355 total yards. Once we moved exclusively to nickel and dime, Tanny went 3-13 and the Titans scored 7 points the rest of the game.

Seeing how they ran for 270 yds on the ground and we still stayed in sub I don't think Henry would have made a difference.

1638211203585.gif

Even as a card carrying Belichickian homer, I stated a few (maybe 6) weeks ago that if Belichick was acquiring players that he simply liked rather than the best players for the team, then RK had the responsibility to move on. I would like to redact that statement and re-swear my undying allegiance to BB. There's a reason he likes certain players - they're good dudes, high character guys. Football is still a human affair and how the players get along, how happy they are, etc. affects their motivation and performance. BB has built not just a very good team, but a a helluva lockerroom as well. Loving this group.
And they take coaching.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back