PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Jets

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

with this o-line there shouldn't be a siingle play called where nobody is ready within 3 seconds. If 4 guys are getting there after 3 seconds someone should be open or turn at least his head for the ball. This is not an nfl ready offense it seems

That's what happens when you don't have a real OC calling plays.

The radio guys were awesome on the Marcus Jones 84 yard punt return for a TD. Scott Zolak nailed it. Playing not to lose means you will lose.
They're a good pair. They balance each other. Socci is like the nice guy dentist next door who's never had a traffic ticket; Zo is your favorite wacky uncle who always arrives six-pack in hand.

He had 4 incompletions! You have to be trolling to think that's a bad game
The irony is he would have had a TD or 2 with throwaways.

Unless he missed practices because he was sick (as was reported) and Bill didn't start him because he was sick.
Yes, it seems obvious that he was held out because he was sick all week. When asked about why Brown didn't start BB said it was a coaching decision, not injury related. That answer leaves the player open to conjecture about performance or disciplinary action as the reason. Not what I would like my boss to say if I was Brown.

Getting rid of Karras and Mason and drafting Strange in the FIRST ROUND is looking worse by the day.
Karras and Mason are both playing badly so I don't see the point in talking them up, but the Strange pick is still up for discussion.

I don't understand why we talk about these people as though they are interchangeable. Karras is better than Ferentz but not for starter's salary. Otherwise Karras is bad at guard. As for Mason, we already know Onwenu can't play LG so are you saying we should have moved Mason to LG?

Yes, it seems obvious that he was held out because he was sick all week. When asked about why Brown didn't start BB said it was a coaching decision, not injury related. That answer leaves the player open to conjecture about performance or disciplinary action as the reason. Not what I would like my boss to say if I was Brown.

Is there a procedure to report an illness that Brown ignored? Others were listed with illness, so why not Brown? Probably failed to notify the team. Brown was on Insta, so I think we have to assume Brown screwed up.

No offense but that’s pure unadulterated BS.

Vernon Gholston, Mike Mamula, Tavon Austin, Darius Heyward-Bey, and Yamon Figurs agree with you.

Honestly, I've been hard on Mac but the OLINE is an absolute dumpster fire... He had absolutely no hope on most of those sacks.

He had 4 incompletions! You have to be trolling to think that's a bad game

Zappe was 14 for 22 with four balls tipped at the line of scrimmage and two interceptions against the Bears. He didn't have a good game. After the first two drives he had, he was awful in that game.

I don’t know if anyone watched the Chiefs / Chargers game…Mahomes is escaping pressure consistently….rolling out left and right. I get the perception that Mahomes is some sort of athletic freak but him and Mac have very similar combine numbers. Their is an awareness that Mac doesn’t possess. I’m cool with people saying that issue is with the coaches and Oline. All good.
Yes, let's compare any QB to players like Mahomes and Brady, and then shake our heads in disappointment.

Mahomes is going to go down as one of the top 5 QBs in NFL history alongside Brady, Marino, Manning and Montana.

Vernon Gholston, Mike Mamula, Tavon Austin, Darius Heyward-Bey, and Yamon Figurs agree with you.
Those guys were dumb as a doornail football-wise. Let's not put Mac there yet. I have hope.

If the gameplan against the Vikings doesn't call for Harris & Stevenson to get about 15-20 touches each that's a failure by Patricia

Look what Tony Pollard just did against them
Until the Patriots prove they can 1) hold up enough across the OL for a play action pass completion and 2) actually burn a stacked D-line (8-9 in the box) with such a play more than once per game - the Patriots will continue to average 5+ negative yardage plays.

The Vikings will not have to back their LBs and S off like they did against Dallas to account for passing plays. The comparison isn't one for one - too many differences between the Cowboys and Patriots offenses.

Those guys were dumb as a doornail football-wise. Let's not put Mac there yet. I have hope.

First, these guys are not QBs and were combine studs who did absolutely nothing in the NFL. But they played positions where combine numbers would mean more to their position.

Second, comparing Mac Jones to arguably the best QB in the NFL right now and asking why Jones cannot do what he can is a specious argument.

No offense but that’s pure unadulterated BS.

Combine numbers for QBs really don't mean anything. They don't really test how a QB moves around in the pocket, their pocket awareness or their footwork. Brady's 40 was slower than some O-linemen. It had no bearing on his pocket awareness, his movement in the pocket or his footwork.

Combine numbers for QBs really don't mean anything. They don't really test how a QB moves around in the pocket, their pocket awareness or their footwork. Brady's 40 was slower than some O-linemen. It had no bearing on his pocket awareness, his movement in the pocket or his footwork.

Probably the closest thing to a test for that at the Combine would be the three cone drive, but even that is to judge how fasts players can cut and change direction on a dime and not their ability to move around in the pocket.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back