PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Jets

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

It should have been 4 FG's today if they'd been satisfied with just making FG's. Instead they had Mac taking deep drops from the 20, taking sacks that put us out of range. Tactical error on Belichick's part in this weather against that opponent with half our OL in the locker room.
You didn't like the run calls? Mac is damaged

Does JC Tretter have any familiarity with a Patriots-type scheme? Even if he took a step back last year he can’t be worse than Ferentz. Cannot be.

According to whom?
Don't you know? Every team the Pats are about to play will be a serious challenge and tough to beat, and then if the Pats beat them, they were actually just tomato can fraudsters who could be beaten by the local high school team, and the Pats shouldn't be given any credit - really, they should be chastised for not winning by more.

Mac did exactly what everyone on this board was asking him to do - protect the ball, take what the defense gave him. The team moved the ball pretty well overall, they self destructed in the red zone with stupid penalties and going away from the plays that were successful. It doesn't help that J. Smith flat out dropped the ball when he had a clear path to the end zone.
I don't think people were like, hey, can we only score 3 points protecting the ball. They want Mac to be as billed, an accurate, smart QB who can diagnose the D, get it to the open man and be accurate downfield when shots open up.

Nobody wanted the Jones that has to be do reigned in, this is what we get.

Don't you know? Every team the Pats are about to play will be a serious challenge and tough to beat, and then if the Pats beat them, they were actually just tomato can fraudsters who could be beaten by the local high school team, and the Pats shouldn't be given any credit - really, they should be chastised for not winning by more.
1/2 the board is Dan Shaunessey.

See what I mean, relentless. You're Johnny-One-Note. Do you have anything to add about any other subject pertaining to the Patriots?
Sure, Mac isn't doing well. Judon is doing great. Zappe was doing better as a QB

No... I am not going to be alright. The dynasty years showed improvement throughout the season. This offense is going backwards. They scored three points! The countless mental errors... Only ten guys on the field. Illegal formation. Be happy beating the jets but we saw this last year when the pats rolled into buffalo and passed once or twice then they got steamrolled by buffalo. If you can't score points you are not going to win many game. Mac Jones is essentially rex Grossman and we have the bears defense. Are you happy with the growth you've seen from the offense?
You are distraught after this one. I get that you guys wanted this win over the Patriots badly, but you can't let it affect your health. It's just football.

I'm sure you guys will bounce back against the Bears next week.

I wanted to see how the fan base was doing, after tragically winning a game, horribly holding the other guys to 3 points, and Jones going a terrible 23 for 27 for 246 terrible sub-par yards and no interceptions.

I can't wait to get the full game availability so I can see how horrible our playcalling is, blah blah blah. Most whining uses exact carbon copy terminology, and that usually echoes the sports media. People in Boston hate their team. Props to those of you also celebrating and enjoying the win. For the rest of you, Jesus, do you ever give it a rest? Are you even aware that you only get a W or an L, not extra points for scoring in buckets?

And anybody who's not cheering for an interception-free Mac Jones game, I don't know what you've been watching this season.

Sure, 3 offensive points isn't enough. Raise your hand if you didn't know that.
Love the fact that it was interception free, hate the fact that he has 4 TDs on the season

Kinda proving my point about entitlement. A given to whom and why?

You expect the outcomes of the past to repeat in the future. Nothing is "a given" except mathematics. Anyone who tells you differently is selling you something.
Bb set a standard. I'm sorry to hear you are fine with less. There always an excuse right? Win a playoff game and I'll eat crow but this is a a .500 team

Love the fact that it was interception free, hate the fact that he has 4 TDs on the season
But he missed 3 games . His line stinks... What other excuses are there?

It took some time in the memory banks but I thought it was a given that you don't kick to a punt returner with seconds left in the game. Giants kicked to Eagles Desean Jackson back in 2010 with less time on the clock than today and he too returned it for a game winning TD.

The punter said he should have punted out of bounds or at least much higher,

I don't think people were like, hey, can we only score 3 points protecting the ball. They want Mac to be as billed, an accurate, smart QB who can diagnose the D, get it to the open man and be accurate downfield when shots open up.

Nobody wanted the Jones that has to be do reigned in, this is what we get.
No one should be happy with 3 points, even if it is against one of the best defenses. The offense is bigger than the QB. Taking shots downfield with defenders instantly in the backfield to WR who are not open is not a recipe for success. Today Mac started to stop the bleeding, the team is a long way away from being good on on offense.

Jones did some things better today. Had some nice intermediate throws with zip, better mechanics with his hips and weight transfer on some throws. At other times, the bad habits came out. Overall it was marginally better from him - not great by any means, but it was good to see steps in the right direction and more production. Unfortunately the OL (after Andrews left) was a nightmare. They need to figure out a solution at C ASAP.

Love the defense. Physical, downhill, aggressive, no half-stepping. They were hitting hard. They've had an edge to them post-Bears game and I love to see it.

The issues with the offense in order of priority below, IMO. The OL is the biggest issue and it isn't even close.

1. OL
2. QB play
3. Play calling / coaching

Last edited:

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back