PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Jets

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

There are multiple reasons out of their control that they only had 3 points. Guessing that's a hard concept for you.
The legion of haters here has to have something to be bitter about after 6-4.

But how about some accountability from the many folks who p*ssed all over the defense and singled out for criticism Wise, Godchaux, Bentley, Mills, Jennings etc. How wrong can you be? And all this with Barmore out. Own up to being wrong -- it happens -- or you are just proven clowns.

Likewise for those who sh*tted all over BB's priority for special teams players. Schooler is amazing, and Marcus Jones, just wow.

Andrews going down took away the confidence that the line had.
Wynn going down put a sick Trent Brown into the game. He gave up 2 sacks and a couple TFLs
Cajuste proved that he's not the answer at RT. I was pining for the days of Grant Williams starting at RT.. He was schooled for at least 2 sacks and a few TFLs..

Strange is a rookie and it shows. He did get eaten up a couple times by Quinnen Williams, but not nearly what Ferentz did.
The Pats REALLY need to think about investing in someone for the OG/OC spot if Russey isn't the guy.
At this point Strange to center becomes interesting both short term and long term. Can he shotgun snap?

But how about some accountability from the many folks who p*ssed all over the defense and singled out for criticism Wise, Godchaux, Bentley, Mills, Jennings etc. How wrong can you be? And all this with Barmore out. Own up to being wrong -- it happens -- or you are just proven clowns.

Likewise for those who sh*tted all over BB's priority for special teams players. Schooler is amazing, and Marcus Jones, just wow.
I agree. Everyone wanted to hate on Steve and the the defense in the off season. That defense is playing amazing. So what does everyone focus on how bad the offense is? If you’re going to criticize Patricia and the offense, you need to give credit to Mayo, Steve and the defense.

I think that's a fair assessment. I thought when he had time, he made some good throws. I also think he held onto the ball too long on a few occasions. His numbers were good, kind of misleading, but he threw the ball well when given the opportunity.
In totality I concur. I was irritated during the game and felt his pocket presence was bad but looking at jets defense and how other teams have performed coming back with no interceptions and a QB rating of 103 is not bad at all. There is definitely some progress. Jonnu screens and run options were great. Rham and Harris were terrific.

Vikings run defense is suspect . So hopefully we can do well this Thursday .

Teams confidence should be much more with offense starting to contribute more.

We had two field goals missed and two interceptions dropped along with 3 ticky tacky holding calls and 2 egregious ball placements.

Mac is definitely a positive for today he is taking baby steps . He is not making mistakes. If he can improve pocket presence it would be great. Actually he had two passes on the move. If only jakobi had not dropped that pass.

Don't forget the nepotism arguments.

Nothing particularly innovative....again. Patricia is really showing off his limited imagination.

The Jets are now 6-4 and have the below 7 games remaining:

Bears (who have come on a bit recently)
at Vikings
at Bills
Lions (also come on a bit recently)
Jaguars
at Seahawks
at Dolphins

Not the easiest remaining slate. Additionally, they also lose the tiebreaker against the Patriots and the Bengals. Not great for them.

Win a playoff game and I'll eat crow but this is a a .500 team
I'm not predicting the future so why even offer potential avian meals? The Patriots have been pretty much competitive in every game, except Chicago, that they've played. That's all I'm asking for, but for most here that's the unrealistic approach which is down right puzzling.

View attachment 47501
Not a block in the back.
You can't tell from a still frame, especially one from the front. Wilson's right hand was square between the numbers of the Jets' player's back. I could see the call going either way, though it is worth noting if the flag had been thrown, the Patriots would still only need a very makeable FG to win the game.

I can't stand the idea of Strange at C. He's a rookie and still learning LG. I think moving him to a new position will make the line weaker. At least Russey has played C his entire life.

IDK from the first view, it looked like he blocked in the back. But they showed a different angle and it looked like he made a legal block hitting the Jets player on the side.

It was a totally legal block. Close, yes. But legal. Didn't need to do it and risk the penalty, but it was legal. Anyone complaining about it being illegal doesn't know the rule.

3 points on offense. Step off with this crap.

Excuse me?

The Patriots dominated the game. The score doesn't reflect it because in key moments in scoring position they made crucial errors, but they did FAR more than the Jets did in this game. I don't really know what you're all upset about. Unless you're a Jets fan.

(I'm not saying the Pats' offense dominated, because 3 points is 3 points. But the Patriots TEAM dominated the Jets today. Yes. They did.)

It was a totally legal block. Close, yes. But legal. Didn't need to do it and risk the penalty, but it was legal. Anyone complaining about it being illegal doesn't know the rule.
The league has already responded saying it not a penalty.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back